Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    With the infatuation I'm convinced that Jerry has for him (obviously I have no evidence just an inkling), you're probably right unfortunately.
    Add that Thibs is a big fan as well. Along with the fact that Rose recruited him to come back. I think it's more likely than not he's here next season backing up Rose and sharing some minutes with him at SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Thought that was very interesting.
    yeah, it's pretty headline worthy, so why sneak it in an article unless it isn't made up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Add that Thibs is a big fan as well. Along with the fact that Rose recruited him to come back. I think it's more likely than not he's here next season backing up Rose and sharing some minutes with him at SG.
    Wonderful....an aging PG who brings nothing on offense, and is average on defense will be our backup PG/SG next year.

The signing of Kirk Hinrich is baffling. God, I thought we ended the SG experiement with Hinrich a few years ago.

vCash
    It doesn't matter, unless Kirk is showing some worth out there then we won't keep him. Kirk is chilling right now though as he is playing out of role but once Rose returns, if our bench isn't helping our team win then the fingers will be pointed at Kirk whether he or whoever likes it or not (no matter who to blame).. We're not going to keep a guy who isn't benefiting us just because "he is a Bull at heart" or whatever... Kirk won't be traded this year though for sure, but neither will Nate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Wonderful....an aging PG who brings nothing on offense, and is average on defense will be our backup PG/SG next year.

The signing of Kirk Hinrich is baffling.
    The signing was not baffling. It makes perfect sense why we signed him.

Just because he hasn't lived up to expectations, through just 1/4 of the year, does not make the signing as a whole baffling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post

The signing of Kirk Hinrich is baffling. God, I thought we ended the SG experiement with Hinrich a few years ago.
    Tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    It doesn't matter, unless Kirk is showing some worth out there then we won't keep him. Kirk is chilling right now though as he is playing out of role but once Rose returns, if our bench isn't helping our team win then the fingers will be pointed at Kirk whether he or whoever likes it or not (no matter who to blame).. We're not going to keep a guy who isn't benefiting us just because "he is a Bull at heart" or whatever... Kirk won't be traded this year though for sure, but neither will Nate.
    He has, and Thibs has already praised him for what he brings beyond the stat sheet. He likes how he runs the offense and loves his defense. I just don't see there being a very high chance that we deal him again after last time.

I'm not going to condone or say he's been a great offensive asset so far this year, but there are definitely things he still brings that go beyond a stat sheet.

And the end is basically what I said, he'll start the season with us next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    Kirk is Kerry Woods of the Chicago Bulls.

vCash
    Tell us how you really feel.

He has, and Thibs has already praised him for what he brings beyond the stat sheet. He likes how he runs the offense and loves his defense. I just don't see there being a very high chance that we deal him again after last time.

I'm not going to condone or say he's been a great offensive asset so far this year, but there are definitely things he still brings that go beyond a stat sheet.

And the end is basically what I said, he'll start the season with us next year.
    Well I meant during the course of this year... I still don't know the rules of the contracts and money but if it is possible to get rid of Kirk during the off season (if he was hurting our team) then I feel we would. I don't know if we're expected to make some big moves next year or not but if the latter, then working on the bench never hurts. I just think it is 50\50 for Kirk to be here next year (again, if the bench is not producing). I understand you're reasoning though, why sign him again unless we're going to keep him and I agree but since he possibly still has quite some years left in the NBA, it wouldn't make sense for us to commit to him.

vCash
    The signing was not baffling. It makes perfect sense why we signed him.

Just because he hasn't lived up to expectations, through just 1/4 of the year, does not make the signing as a whole baffling.
    The only reason I truly found it baffling is that we are basically paying him 4mil a year. Especially given his production the last 2-3 seasons and his injury history. And especially when it could have been better used on Mayo, Crawford, etc. Obviously hindsight is 20-20, but someone like Mayo at least has potential.

To me, the signing screamed Jerry's loyalty, even if I obviously have no evidence for it.

I love Thibs, but we're talking about the same guy who started Bogans for 82 games. Thibs' love for a hustle, glue guy defender is nothing new.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 12-19-2012 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    If Kirk is playing bad enough where he's "hurting our team" then why would a team want him and his contract? Unless he's included in a bigger deal.

vCash
    The only reason I truly found it baffling is that we are basically paying him 4mil a year. Especially given his production the last 2-3 seasons and his injury history. And especially when it could have been better used on Mayo, Crawford, etc. Obviously hindsight is 20-20, but someone like Mayo at least has potential.

To me, the signing screamed Jerry's loyalty, even if I obviously have no evidence for it.

I love Thibs, but we're talking about the same guy who started Bogans for 82 games.
    Mayo didn't even want to meet with us. I believe there was a meeting scheduled but he signed with Dallas as soon as he went there.

vCash
    Mayo didn't even want to meet with us. I believe there was a meeting scheduled but he signed with Dallas as soon as he went there.
    Then Crawford. Hell, maybe even save the money if Jerry is so intent on avoiding the tax. Personally, I still would have kept CJ, but that's another story.

Regardless, I feel like we bidded against ourselves here and I don't think Kirk deserved anything more than vet min based on his performance the last 2-3 seasons.

vCash
    Then Crawford. Hell, maybe even save the money if Jerry is so intent on avoiding the tax. Personally, I still would have kept CJ, but that's another story.

Regardless, I feel like we bidded against ourselves here and I don't think Kirk deserved anything more than vet min based on his performance the last 2-3 seasons.
    Milwaukee offered more money than we did. Like I said, let's give him until February and look where he's at.

vCash
    The depressing thing is that what will actually happen is that we'll give up a pick alongside Rip just so can get rid of his contract. And no, it obviously won't be for basketball reasons.

vCash
    If Kirk is playing bad enough where he's "hurting our team" then why would a team want him and his contract? Unless he's included in a bigger deal.
    I guess that means we can only trade him during the off season... ? Like I said, I don't know any player's contracts as I don't follow that stuff, I just haven't made the time to learn about it. I look at it like what we have going into each season and expect the FO to make good decisions. I guess I fall into the boat that doesn't support the Hinrich signing if we have to keep him next year, that's actually upsetting. I was okay with him playing this year to see how he fits and I won't even make a judgement on him until later in the season but committing to him for 2 years (or more?) before anyone knows how he fits just seems dumb. No offense to you

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast