Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Here's the one that was closed.

Only 11 days ago.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=786686
    11 posts and has already started two worthless threads.

vCash
    oh thanks, I thought they were in fourth
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    I don't see the Yanks coming in at third. Who did they really lose? Swisher is the only true loss. I agree, his production will be tough to replace, but Martin hit under .200 for the bulk of the season.

Plus, as we saw last year, stats are more for fans and projections. Timing is more important. If a player has only 3 hits in a week, but they are three game winning hits, then is it worse that a guy with 5 RBI's in a 10-2 win?

As it relates to the 3rd place finish - it would take an absolute miracle for Baltimore to replicate their record in one run games and extra innings. Boston may surprise and be competitive, but not dominant. The Rays offence will be their undoing - Wil Myers will have to come up and be Mike Trout for that offence to have any spark.

Toronto is good. They have the best rotation and line-up in the division (on paper). That being said, and it has been mentioned here above, the potential for a meltdown is significant. They signed every high-risk player imaginable.

As or the Yanks - we lost some role players, and our starting right fielder. I like Swisher, but I think Youk can duplicate his at bats when it comes to taking pitches, drawing walks etc. As for his production, the winter isn't over yet, but I think that the spots are all but filled. Hope for a break good year from Romine, Nunez or our RF?

vCash
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernman View Post
    The current Yankees team will finish no better than 3rd place in the AL East. This Yankees team lost in the play-offs last year & now we lost some player to free agency & replaced them with nothing! Also - each player is a year older & will not perform as well as last year - except maybe Cano, Texeira & Sabathia.

The Yankees have done absolutely nothing to contend next season. We will see by the start of the season - If they do not make any trades - VERY LONG SEASON!

The very same crap we hear year in and year out. How's that been working out? And the only thing we'll see by the start of the season is, all teams will be 0 - 0 and have to actually play the schedule out. NO ONE knows what will happen.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    The very same crap we hear year in and year out. How's that been working out? And the only thing we'll see by the start of the season is, all teams will be 0 - 0 and have to actually play the schedule out. NO ONE knows what will happen.
    I agree but the fans are just annoyed by the lack of spending from a very rich owner that is sooooooooo worried about a tax that will not even put a slight dent into his profits.......the man has $$$$$$$$$$ coming out of everywhere, the Yankee Brand is powerful and Hal is just being a typical rich owner concerned about pennies falling on the floor and rolling underneath the refrigerator.
    Nick(mush)

vCash

vCash
    Maybe, the next two years will make all the SPEND MORE MONEY crowd go away. That would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I agree but the fans are just annoyed by the lack of spending from a very rich owner that is sooooooooo worried about a tax that will not even put a slight dent into his profits.......the man has $$$$$$$$$$ coming out of everywhere, the Yankee Brand is powerful and Hal is just being a typical rich owner concerned about pennies falling on the floor and rolling underneath the refrigerator.
    Nick, who have they not signed that you wished they had? Basically, we need a catcher, a DH, and a RH hitting OF, and none of those guys need to be all-star types. The two guys we lost (Martin and Swisher) were guys that were bitterly complained about for most of the year around here. Soriano is another one we lost, but I think most people are relieved to see him opt out and with Mo coming back next year, he's already been replaced.

The fact is the Yankees won 95 games and didn't need to make the kind of wholesale changes that the Jays and (to a lesser extent) the Red Sox have made. Notice that the other two decent teams in the division, the O's and Rays, have also done very little this off season other than lose Mark Reynolds and James Shields.

vCash
    Mark Reynolds: The Yankee Killer

vCash
    Yanks will probably go 60-102. I'll start a thread.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12