Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: jennings

vCash

jennings

i see on the main forum everyone thinks were going to trade him or lose him in FA but he is a RFA so we can match whatever offer the thing is jennings wanted more than holiday and curry got...i think what the bucks plan is, is to let him hit the market and see that other teams will only give him about the same that they got if not less because he has improved on D this year but is still only a below 40% shooter! I personally love the kid and want him in a bucks uni but i think we may get him cheaper than some think because most teams dont want a shoot first pg that shoots low percentage....

what team do you see offering him and offer sheet and what do you think the offer sheet will be for? After they match i think we've got 3-7 days to match which i think we will!

Bottom line is he wanted like 10mil per yr and i dont think he'll get that on the open market and the bucks no that so they'll let him find that out the hardway!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    If he is RFA I imagine they will match, unless it is a really big offer.

vCash
    Via Marc Spears on Yahoo when posting his current power rankings:

12. Milwaukee Bucks (12-10, previous ranking: 15th): Bucks have told guard Brandon Jennings, a restricted free agent next summer, they plan on matching an offer sheet he could sign.
    -yahoo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    i see on the main forum everyone thinks were going to trade him or lose him in FA but he is a RFA so we can match whatever offer the thing is jennings wanted more than holiday and curry got...i think what the bucks plan is, is to let him hit the market and see that other teams will only give him about the same that they got if not less because he has improved on D this year but is still only a below 40% shooter! I personally love the kid and want him in a bucks uni but i think we may get him cheaper than some think because most teams dont want a shoot first pg that shoots low percentage....

what team do you see offering him and offer sheet and what do you think the offer sheet will be for? After they match i think we've got 3-7 days to match which i think we will!

Bottom line is he wanted like 10mil per yr and i dont think he'll get that on the open market and the bucks no that so they'll let him find that out the hardway!
    15 other teams that could start him at $9M first season. Just throwing that out there. Not saying them teams need a pg but they have cap.

vCash
    4. The Bucks should trade Brandon Jennings.
    A. Agree strongly.
    B. Agree somewhat.
    C. Disagree somewhat.
    D. Disagree strongly.

Ford: D. Disagree strongly. I just don't see it. He's 23 years old and productive. He can be maddeningly inconsistent, but if the Bucks bail on him … what's left?

Ham: E. Ambivalent. That was an option, wasn't it? The Bucks are a very strangely constructed team and it's hard to tell what they need and what they don't. I don't love the Jennings-Monta Ellis backcourt, but if Jennings was a third guard playing off the bench, they might be able to coexist.

McGowan: C. Disagree somewhat. I'm not sure what the Bucks are building, but they are relatively young and entertaining. If GM John Hammond thinks the Ellis-Jennings backcourt experiment has been a complete disaster or that Jennings will fetch too high of a price in restricted free agency, he could ship out the 23-year-old guard, but I would urge him to be patient.

Schmidt: A. Agree strongly. Dismantle this 9-seed machine. Jennings has proved he is a pretty good player. Not an all-by-himself franchise-changer like Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul or Derrick Rose. But if the Bucks let him go, it should signal a whole new direction for the team. Ellis and every expiring should follow him out the door.

Soriano: A. Agree strongly. Jennings has not improved much, if at all, since his rookie season. And while he has obvious talent, his ball-dominant, low-efficiency style can be easily replaced at a much lower cost than it will take to re-sign him when his contract is up. Better to deal him before contract talks get messy over the next 12 months.
    1. The Lakers should trade Pau Gasol.
    A. Agree strongly.
    B. Agree somewhat.
    C. Disagree somewhat.
    D. Disagree strongly.

Chad Ford, ESPN.com: B. Agree somewhat. In theory, sure. In practice, I'm not so sure. I've yet to hear the scenario that makes this deal palatable for the Lakers. The Timberwolves want him, but I'm not sure Derrick Williams is the answer to L.A.'s problems. Adding Nikola Pekovic would make it much more interesting, but it's just unclear how he and Dwight Howard would coexist on the same team. The Hawks aren't giving up Josh Smith for him. Could a Bucks deal of Ersan Ilyasova (who can't be traded until Jan. 15) and Beno Udrih get it done?

James Ham, Cowbell Kingdom: A. Agree strongly. While I loved the idea of Gasol and Howard as an all-world front line, it hasn't really translated on the floor. The Lakers have to address their lack of talent off the bench and Gasol still has enough value to yield a lower-level starting forward, a solid bench scorer and maybe a draft pick.

Colin McGowan, Cavs: The Blog: B. Agree somewhat. Gasol is struggling to figure out how he fits into Los Angeles' new offense, but then so is everyone not named Kobe Bryant. The rail-thin Lakers could flip the Spaniard for a few solid bench players if the opportunity arises, but GM Mitch Kupchak shouldn't be eager to give up on a talent like Gasol.

Jeremy Schmidt, Bucksketball: A. Agree strongly. This has less to do with Gasol and more to do with the Lakers' absence of talent outside of their core group. For the sake of a deep playoff run, the Lakers need some reserves who can give Kobe, Dwight and Steve Nash a break during the season. Even a package of role players would be a huge upgrade over their current group.

Darius Soriano, Forum Blue And Gold: D. Disagree strongly. Gasol's skill and versatility are too valuable to the Lakers. He's still good enough to anchor the pivot when Howard is off the floor and malleable enough to play next to him when they share it. And while serviceable depth is a concern, it'd be nearly impossible for the Lakers to get enough value back to replace everything he does.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-trade-targets

vCash
    2. The Cavaliers should trade Anderson Varejao.
    A. Agree strongly.
    B. Agree somewhat.
    C. Disagree somewhat.
    D. Disagree strongly.

Ford: A. Agree strongly. Sell high. Varejao is playing like an All-Star this season and he has stayed healthy. A number of teams in contention, led once again by the Timberwolves, are in the hunt for him. The Cavs want multiple young assets or draft picks back in return. Again, I don't see a perfect fit. The Bucks are a possibility, as they have a number of interesting young bigs. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Raptors go after him as well. They have a number of interesting young players (Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross anyone?) and the rumblings out of Toronto sound as though it needs to start winning now.

Ham: A. Agree strongly. This is a tough one. Varejao is having a career year at age 30, which tells you to sell, sell, sell. But stripping Kyrie Irving of his only true post presence may have lasting effects. At the end of the day, the Cavs should be able to land a long-term solution at one of their glaring positions of need for an aging, injury-prone center playing well above his ability.

McGowan: B. Agree somewhat. In a vacuum, the Cavs should unload Varejao, whose stock will never be higher, but it's going to be difficult for them to get something close to equal value in return. Nearly all of the title contenders that desire Varejao's services are devoid of the young talent and/or lottery picks that Cavs GM Chris Grant covets.

Schmidt: A. Agree strongly. Embrace a rebuild. Don't hang on to assets too long. Of course Varejao makes them a better team, but does he make them a playoff team? Obviously not. Sell high and get something in return, be that a pick or a prospect. Whomever they get, he'll help them in four years more than Varejao.

Soriano: C. Disagree somewhat. Not only is his contract great, but there are few big men who defend and clean the glass like Varejao. The Cavs would be wise to keep him and those skills on their team. However, if they're blown away by an offer, his injury history and age should be reasons to consider a deal that helps accelerate their rebuilding.
    I don't see us trading for AV. But you know Ford likes to throws stuff out there and hope it sticks.