Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    vCash
    Congrats to my boy @EJ36 for his big deal today. You will be missed, couldn't of happened to an amazing friend and great pitcher.
    -Gio Gonzalez

Don't know if this means it's done or not but I'm guessing it's pretty darn close based off of what ABTY has said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Dunno what Wikipedia says but MLB has paperwork on both Villanueva and Jackson in their possession... Which makes them 95-99.9% done...
    From the link I quoted TY:

Chicago Cubs

On December 20, 2012, Jackson agreed to a four-year 52 million dollar contract with the Cubs, after testing his chances in free agency after the 2012 season.

No footnote though to confirm or verify this.

vCash
    2M buyout for a 5th year, 13M salary otherwise... Royals have called on Garza, Samardzija and Marmol (not in the same deal)... Padres offer on Samardzija likely to include Gyorko and also Adys Portillo...
    Interesting on the Royals front. I figured they would be all done adding pitching, what with the additions of Shields, Davis and Santana, and the re-signing of Guthrie.

I would hate that deal for Samardzija unless it included somebody else of substance. Then again, I'm not a big Gyorko fan.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by gocubs2118; 12-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    I'm firmly against trading Shark. I'm sure you all have realized that by now. I just don't feel that the value we get back will match the value we get on the field by extending him.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    2M buyout for a 5th year, 13M salary otherwise... Royals have called on Garza, Samardzija and Marmol (not in the same deal)... Padres offer on Samardzija likely to include Gyorko and also Adys Portillo...
    Thanks for the update. Unless the Padres offer also includes even more than that, I hope they laughed and hung up.

vCash
    lol one post and its link to "meatvideo" dont click it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hrubes20 View Post
    Interesting on the Royals front. I figured they would be all done adding pitching, what with the additions of Shields, Davis and Santana, and the re-signing of Guthrie.

I would hate that deal for Samardzija unless it included somebody else of substance. Then again, I'm not a big Gyorko fan.
    Agreed. I'd like to see a big piece to go along with Gyorko, maybe Erlin or Liriano.. Something with more substance anyways. Although altogether I'd perfer to keep shark and deal Garza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Thanks for the update. Unless the Padres offer also includes even more than that, I hope they laughed and hung up.
    Even if they added Casey Kelly to that I'm not sure I'd be all that happy about that.

vCash
    Almost zero... Moose was on the table only when Myers was still there... KC still has some nice pieces o deal however...
    Ty, I was wondering if you could shed any light on KC's minor league affiliates. I was thinking how Myers is KC's latest can't-miss, middle-of-the-order, batting prospects behind Hosmer, Moose, Gordon, Butler. I'm not knocking any of those guys. Obviously they have talent, but they haven't yet performed near expectations offensively (besides Butler). Plenty of time for Hosmer and Moose still.

But I was wondering if some of the hitting prospect hype was caused by their affiliates parks/leagues.

Obviously every team has its can't miss disappointments, so maybe its just a matter that is how hard it is to develop successful players.

vCash
    Yeah. I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of trading Samardzija for something we can't get by normal means, but that just doesn't seem like enough for a guy whose peripherals last year said he *might* be an elite starting pitcher.

vCash
    ill trade garza right now not shark unless its a HAUL.
    garza = 3b solution to me.
    id rather sign bourn KEEP sori than trade sori for some dom. brown type return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenatorMendoza View Post
    Ty, I was wondering if you could shed any light on KC's minor league affiliates. I was thinking how Myers is KC's latest can't-miss, middle-of-the-order, batting prospects behind Hosmer, Moose, Gordon, Butler. I'm not knocking any of those guys. Obviously they have talent, but they haven't yet performed near expectations offensively (besides Butler). Plenty of time for Hosmer and Moose still.

But I was wondering if some of the hitting prospect hype was caused by their affiliates parks/leagues.

Obviously every team has its can't miss disappointments, so maybe its just a matter that is how hard it is to develop successful players.
    Gordon has been awesome the past 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    ill trade garza right now not shark unless its a HAUL.
    garza = 3b solution to me.
    id rather sign bourn KEEP sori than trade sori for some dom. brown type return.
    Meh. I'm not big on Dominic Brown. What's the point in trading Soriano, much less anyone right now? I say go after Bourn, trade for a guy like Michael Morse with what prospects we do have, extend Garza, and have and we got a pretty good team:

Rotation Garza-Shark-Jackson-Baker-Feldman
    Bullpen: Wood-Villanueva-Fujikawa-Marmol-Camp-Vizcaino-Russell, and probably more guys I'm forgetting
    Lineup: Bourn CF-Castro SS-Soriano LF-Rizzo 1B-Morse RF-Castillo C-Barney 2B-Stewart/Vitters 3B

That's a pretty good foundation there in my opinion.

vCash
    Matt Garza-Jeff Samardzija-Edwin Jackson- Carlos Villanueva-(Travis Wood/Scott Baker/Scott Feldman)

Not bad!

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast