Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobTheAutomator View Post
    Quick , somebody put up the ABE signal.
    I got deleted for calling name but like i said he wont sign with the cubs for 4/52 BOOK IT!!!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    You know he's only broken 3 WAR once in his career, right?
    Hey now, you just explained why he's looking at 12.5 a year rather than the way more he would get otherwise...

That said, that is a correctly stated fact. I have no real qualms with bWAR for pitchers.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-19-2012 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    BTW- told both Villanueva and Jackson, along with Baker and Feldman will cost less than Sanchez alone...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    BTW- told both Villanueva and Jackson, along with Baker and Feldman will cost less than Sanchez alone...

Sign'em up!

vCash
    Sarcasim makes the world go round. #croce
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash

Edwin Jackson down to Cubs and Rangers

It's "sarcasm" ABE

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Rosenthal tweeted about the tribe being in it 1 hour ago. No clue if it is old info or not. It would seem that if they aren't the Cubs are the only team willing to go 4 years on him.
    Last edited by CUBluejays; 12-19-2012 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    1) 2.5 bWAR is like 3.5 or 4 fWAR because of the different scales they use.

2) I @#$%@#$% hate $/WAR anymore. It's not linear. It's just not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Hey now, you just explained why he's looking at 12.5 a year rather than the way more he would get otherwise...

That said, that is a correctly stated fact. I have no real qualms with bWAR for pitchers.
    The things you read outta words that aren't there...
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    2) I @#$%@#$% hate $/WAR anymore. It's not linear. It's just not.
    Exactly why I think it's hilarious that the 9 million per WAR on the FA market is seen as some kind of unbelievable number. FanGraphs has had that ~5 million mark for how long now? Why wouldn't that number be higher on the FA market, especially post-teams raking in ad money?

The things you read outta words that aren't there...
    Yeah, pretty sure there were 0 words put in your mouth there.

vCash
    Ugh. I'm not going to re litigate the linear $/WAR thing again. The people @ fangraphs have written extensively on it and the data pretty clearly backs their model up. There's usually about a ~.5 mil increase each year, with a a flat line during the worst years of the economic recession. They've done write ups at the beginning of every spring showing that their estimations line up with actual data from previous years. Get over it already.

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    Never.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    Ugh. I'm not going to re litigate the linear $/WAR thing again. The people @ fangraphs have written extensively on it and the data pretty clearly backs their model up. There's usually about a ~.5 mil increase each year, with a a flat line during the worst years of the economic recession. They've done write ups at the beginning of every spring showing that their estimations line up with actual data from previous years. Get over it already.
    Nope, I don't take their word as religion when higher sources offer real time numbers.

Hell, even the often quoted 5 million is wrong going by FanGraphs' own estimates, which was around 6.5 for 2012.

They aren't even talking FA price in their analysis anyway, and account for draft pick production in a whole different world of draft pick compensation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    Is that what he means when he says it isn't linear? When I complain about the model because it isn't linear in real life, I'm talking about how the $/WAR should increase as WAR goes up. A 4 WAR player is worth more than two 2 WAR players. A 6 WAR is worth more than two 3 WAR. This is because of the value of a roster spot and extra ABs/IPs. I'm not arguing about the impact of inflation/economy.

vCash
    In the FWIW category:

Cubs now the front runner for Edwin Jackson as negotiations continue with both Cubs and Rangers..4 yrs and approx 52 m is ball park #source
    -Bowden

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast