Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Browns name Alec Scheiner President

vCash
    What position is Banner then?

vCash
    Banner is CEO

vCash
    Sounds like he's well respected around the league. Hopefully he can help upgrade the stadium and make it a better environment for the fans.

vCash
    I think this is a fine signing.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash

Question

Can he play cornerback as well? Or maybe even QB? If so, we are set.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Browns hired Cowboys senior VP and general counsel Alec Scheiner as team president, working under CEO Joe Banner.
    Formerly Jerry Jones' right hand man, Scheiner will likely handle contracts and salary cap management while the Browns hire a personnel executive to oversee football operations. According to ESPN Cleveland, the two names most connected to that position are NFL Network's Michael Lombardi and 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble. Because the move wouldn't be a promotion, Gamble is expected to show little interest in joining the Browns. Three credible sources tell ESPN Cleveland that Alabama coach Nick Saban -- believed to be owner Jimmy Haslem's first choice to coach the Browns -- has no interest in joining forces with Lombardi. One source went as far as saying Saban wouldn't work with Lombardi "in a thousand years." Saban is reportedly leaning toward staying at Alabama, as the Browns are not his ideal choice for an NFL team.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/cle/cleveland-browns

Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak
    # Browns also say exec vp-business operations Bryan Wiedmeier will transition into new role, focusing on long-term strategic planning.

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
    As I said, I've spoken to several people, Scheiner will not be involved in football. Will handle legal/marketing side. Said to be great hire

# Browns Scheiner will will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day business operations, including in-game enhancements and local broadcasting
    Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN
    Scheiner said he's been to CBS 2x for games - has thoughts to enhance fan experience everywhere - not just stadium but radio/tv/internet

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ
    New # Browns President Alec Scheiner says "brand is so iconic" in Cleveland. Sees team as marketing gem similar to # Cowboys.

# Browns president Scheiner: We just have to harness interest, reach out to people, prove our value to people on and off field.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ
    New # Browns President Alec Scheiner: "I'm not sure we have to change any of the things that make the # Browns great."

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN
    Scheiner said he's read about putting dome on CBS - big convo that needs to still happen w/ Haslam/Banner
    I really like this hire. I don't know the guy and never heard of him before yesterday but a young bright and enthusiastic guy that wanted to come here with glowing reports from anyone and everyone. I say this is a win for Haslam and Banner and a the Browns.

This quote from him was refreshing. "Jimmy and Joe have a great vision of what they want the Cleveland Browns to become and I am grateful to be able to be a part of it," Scheiner said. "The Browns are an iconic franchise with an outstanding fan base and tradition. Together, we hope to do incredible things for the organization."

We have guys that have a vision for the Browns and want to win badly. They are going to bring elements from some of the best organizations in football. If Scheiner can figure out a way to get fans in their seats for the start of the game, it would be a huge step.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    I really like the hire. A guy that learned the marketing and business side from Jerry Jones, who is probably the best in that area for all of the NFL, if not all of major pro sports. Add in the fact that he will not be making football decisions, leaving that to the GM with Banner overseeing that.

I know no one really likes McDaniels around these parts, but I really think in order for him to succeed he needs to be in a position with limited power (just be a HC) and clearly defined roles. I am not saying that I want him to be the next HC, just that if he were to succeed I think this is the environment that it would need to be in.

He did bring the 3-4 to Denver when he was hired, but that does not mean he will wherever he gets his next job. However, the Broncos in 2008 had the 30th ranked defense for points and 29th for yards. They also finished dead last in TO margin at -17 (30 giveaways, 13 takeaways). The main issue with that team was the defense. Right now the Browns defense is 15th in points and 22nd in yards, while also having a top 10 TO margin (+7).

Either way, I like the system that is being put into place right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    I really like the hire. A guy that learned the marketing and business side from Jerry Jones, who is probably the best in that area for all of the NFL, if not all of major pro sports. Add in the fact that he will not be making football decisions, leaving that to the GM with Banner overseeing that.

I know no one really likes McDaniels around these parts, but I really think in order for him to succeed he needs to be in a position with limited power (just be a HC) and clearly defined roles. I am not saying that I want him to be the next HC, just that if he were to succeed I think this is the environment that it would need to be in.

He did bring the 3-4 to Denver when he was hired, but that does not mean he will wherever he gets his next job. However, the Broncos in 2008 had the 30th ranked defense for points and 29th for yards. They also finished dead last in TO margin at -17 (30 giveaways, 13 takeaways). The main issue with that team was the defense. Right now the Browns defense is 15th in points and 22nd in yards, while also having a top 10 TO margin (+7).

Either way, I like the system that is being put into place right now.
    McDaniels didn't take over the Broncos until 2009 so don't know if you mean the 2009 Broncos or are trying to relay how bad their defense was when McDaniels took over.

I'm kind of with you though Rhaas. McDaniels would not be my first choice but the more and more I read about the guy and his past it doesn't seem like he is that bad of an option that fans make him out to be. He got rid of three cancers on his team Cutler, Marshall and Hillis which in hindsight look like he got the better of all the trades except possibly the Hillis one because he did have a good 2010 and Quinn never did anything for them but he probably knew something about Hillis at that time that nobody would know about until he came to Cleveland with him being a headcase. He has made Kyle Orton and Matt Cassell look like All-Pro QB's to where we have seen what they have looked like without him. He gets continually blasted for the Tebow selection in the first round but didn't he do exactly what you would expect out of a first round QB last year in leading his team to the playoffs and actually winning a game in the playoffs. Its not McDaniels or Tebows fault that the rest of the league does not think of anything of Tebow and won't give him a chance. Sadly even though he can't throw the ball at times he at least brings multiple aspects to the QB position other than throwing that teams would have to gameplan for that most other sh$tty QB's that start in this league can't, looking at you Blaine Gabbert and Mark Sanchez. He apperantly can draft WR's as he has found two of the best in the league now and continuing to grow in Decker and Thomas.

If he was to become the Coach too I think he would either allow Jauron to stay and continue to handle the defense or he would bring in someone highly regarded to run the D' as he first did with Denver and Mike Nolan. That was the reason they switched to the 3-4 was because that was Nolans style of defense and McDaniels allowed him to install that from what I hear. Plus the same as you Rhaas, you can't give the guy the amount of power that he had in Denver. If he came here you would hope that it would be just to be the HC and to advise on personel decisions but not to have final say on that. You would also hope that he would know this coming in and having learn from his experience from Denver.

The things I don't like about McDaniels:

1) Rams offense was putrid in 2011 with him averaging 12.1 PPG last year. Thats worse than the Colt McCoy Browns did. Have to look into more of why this but this was his worse year in the NFL.
    2) He is a Bob LaMonte client. Enough said.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Pretty cool thing...my sisters uncle/real good family friend is head of the saftey department of the mine in my town and his boss is best friends with this guy. So he told us to pick a game on the schedule next year and hell hook us up with tickets.

vCash
    That's pretty sweet bro.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    my sisters uncle.
    which i believe would make him your uncle lmao!

But ya my brothers, sisters, cousins second child's nephews, grandma, once dated a guy name tim and tim is now married to Alec Scheiner so i got season tickets.
    Last edited by prodigy; 12-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Well to get technical shes my half sister but I don't really look at it that way. So sometimes I refer to him as my uncle but hes technically not.

vCash
    lol
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90