Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500

    Magic plan to trade Redick

    None of those players will be making that much when it comes time for their next contracts. All of those players were given those inflated deals when they were young up and comers. They just didnt pan out(majority). Those are the mistakes we want to avoid.

    NO KOOL-AID ZONE

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    None of those players will be making that much when it comes time for their next contracts. All of those players were given those inflated deals when they were young up and comers. They just didnt pan out(majority). Those are the mistakes we want to avoid.
    Which is why we shouldn't keep JJ and sign him to a 8-9 Million dollar per year contract

    They already have Nelson at 8 mill a year for next couple of seasons to groom young guys..Just for argument's sake would you rather have Jameer and JJ at 15mill a year combined or get a guy like James Harden, a guy who can be a main piece on the team that you CAN bulid around (not saying Harden specifically, I know he's locked up) for 15 mill a season

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500

    Magic plan to trade Redick

    You are making a big assumption that we will pay him that much or that he will demand that much. The ONLY reason he is making that much is because the bulls offered way more than his value and front loaded the contract hoping the magic wouldn't match. His value is 5-7 mil a year. That's not bad as far as 6th men go. Someone might overpay him in fa but you cross that bridge when you get there. Not ship someone out for a late rounder because he might. Everyone keeps saying "lets suck" and if he leaves with nothing in return it just adds a year to that plan. Which really isn't that much considering it will be a 6 year process anyway. Trading away pieces that are good and want to be here does not attract free agents. I want him here but unless we totally win whatever trade he may be included with its not worth it. The franchise cannot afford to trade another fan favorite for x player or draft pick that doesn't pan out. It's bad business

    NO KOOL-AID ZONE

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    63,884
    vCash
    500
    JJ Redick's value is not 5-7 million. If you think we can keep him for that you're just flat out wrong. Period. Someone WILL overpay him, and he'll probably take it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    You are making a big assumption that we will pay him that much or that he will demand that much. The ONLY reason he is making that much is because the bulls offered way more than his value and front loaded the contract hoping the magic wouldn't match. His value is 5-7 mil a year. That's not bad as far as 6th men go. Someone might overpay him in fa but you cross that bridge when you get there. Not ship someone out for a late rounder because he might. Everyone keeps saying "lets suck" and if he leaves with nothing in return it just adds a year to that plan. Which really isn't that much considering it will be a 6 year process anyway. Trading away pieces that are good and want to be here does not attract free agents. I want him here but unless we totally win whatever trade he may be included with its not worth it. The franchise cannot afford to trade another fan favorite for x player or draft pick that doesn't pan out. It's bad business
    Trust me when I tell you NO free agent worth having will be attracted to ORL for JJ Reddick

    And as you say if someone in FA overpays for him then "we cross that bridge when we get there" ..there will be no bridge to cross considering he's not a restricted free agent so we can't retain him and then trade him..and even if we get a late 1st rounder that will help more to the rebuilding process than him walking for nothing

    And if the Bulls overpayed what makes you think a team won't offer him an increase in pay now when he has clearly improved??

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,638
    vCash
    1500
    Darren Wolfson:

    Even though he's gone from ESPN, Ric Bucher still has great contacts, so my tentacles went up after he briefly mentioned the Wolves in connection to Orlando shooting guard J.J. Redick. Well, after digging, the Wolves are big fans. If the Magic decide to move Redick, consider the Wolves heavily in the mix. One league source said that it'll take more than forward Derrick Williams to get a deal done.
    Would you guys take a Luke Ridnour and Derrick Williams deal?

    Props to phins1983

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,780
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Darren Wolfson:



    Would you guys take a Luke Ridnour and Derrick Williams deal?
    I'd say keep Ridnour and add a 2nd round pick. But as it stands, seems plausible.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    You are making a big assumption that we will pay him that much or that he will demand that much. The ONLY reason he is making that much is because the bulls offered way more than his value and front loaded the contract hoping the magic wouldn't match. His value is 5-7 mil a year. That's not bad as far as 6th men go. Someone might overpay him in fa but you cross that bridge when you get there. Not ship someone out for a late rounder because he might. Everyone keeps saying "lets suck" and if he leaves with nothing in return it just adds a year to that plan. Which really isn't that much considering it will be a 6 year process anyway. Trading away pieces that are good and want to be here does not attract free agents. I want him here but unless we totally win whatever trade he may be included with its not worth it. The franchise cannot afford to trade another fan favorite for x player or draft pick that doesn't pan out. It's bad business
    Trust me when I tell you NO free agent worth having will be attracted to ORL for JJ Reddick

    And as you say if someone in FA overpays for him then "we cross that bridge when we get there" ..there will be no bridge to cross considering he's not a restricted free agent so we can't retain him and then trade him..and even if we get a late 1st rounder that will help more to the rebuilding process than him walking for nothing

    And if the Bulls overpayed what makes you think a team won't offer him an increase in pay now when he has clearly improved??
    Most of these teams people keep saying he's likely to leave for are in no position to sign him flat out. Iif a "contender" is looking for that type of player most likely they will have to acquire via sign a trade

    NO KOOL-AID ZONE

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500

    Magic plan to trade Redick

    And it's not JJ attracting someone more so the fact that you trade what could be glue guys on a championship team. If a top tier player wants to sign somewhere nowadays he isn't going to a bottom feeder. You had better have some young pices with veteran talent not just project players like harkless.

    NO KOOL-AID ZONE

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    276
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    JJ Redick's value is not 5-7 million. If you think we can keep him for that you're just flat out wrong. Period. Someone WILL overpay him, and he'll probably take it.
    ** If he stays in Orlando that will be his salary.** we can't control what other teams might spend and when you worry about that to the point where your trading every contract player you are already dead. Who has the cap space to offer him what you think he'll make that he would leave to play for? Cause you guys can sit here and say hell get that all day but who really has the space in need of a SG that would intrigue him? Seriously? Make a list of suitors instead of this "oh he will leave" trash. There are harsher cap rules than when he got his last contract.

    NO KOOL-AID ZONE

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,397
    vCash
    1500
    he will get more then 6 or 7 .... so shut up .... lol

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,780
    vCash
    500
    Yeah I'd bet that JJ leaves the league before he accepts less money than he is making right now.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,347
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    ** If he stays in Orlando that will be his salary.** we can't control what other teams might spend and when you worry about that to the point where your trading every contract player you are already dead. Who has the cap space to offer him what you think he'll make that he would leave to play for? Cause you guys can sit here and say hell get that all day but who really has the space in need of a SG that would intrigue him? Seriously? Make a list of suitors instead of this "oh he will leave" trash. There are harsher cap rules than when he got his last contract.
    The Jazz, Wizards, Cavs, Hawks and Pistons will all have significant cap room. EVERY team could use a 3-point specialist who's also a great passer and hard- worker. JJ will get close to 8-10, that's a virtual guarantee.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    63,884
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    ** If he stays in Orlando that will be his salary.** we can't control what other teams might spend and when you worry about that to the point where your trading every contract player you are already dead. Who has the cap space to offer him what you think he'll make that he would leave to play for? Cause you guys can sit here and say hell get that all day but who really has the space in need of a SG that would intrigue him? Seriously? Make a list of suitors instead of this "oh he will leave" trash. There are harsher cap rules than when he got his last contract.
    Make a list of suitors? I don't know what teams will be interested. I know that he's worth more than he's paid now. Yes, there are harsher salary cap rules, but players aren't going to suddenly start being underpaid. He's 28, and is really good. Someone will overpay, it always happens...and often to lesser players.

    Minnesota is an obvious suitor. After that, I don't know...it would just be speculation, but it's foolish to think there won't be any.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,780
    vCash
    500
    I'm glad that link said we need more than a JJ for D-Will swap. I hope we can get some picks or another young prospect/expiring. Whatever Minny has.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •