Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    There was never a OKC deal,we wanted Harden and Ibaka and they refused.
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 12-25-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I read an article saying there was a thunder deal but they wouldn't do it without Dwight opting in or getting some kinda verbal commitment that he would stay long term

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    I love jj and I'd love it if he stayed if the price was right but it won't happen...

Maybe u should think about your own half thought responses bro you actually think he would be leaving just for a few hundred thousands when taxes are considered? If he was making 3-4 more million then we were offering to pay then he would still be making millions more not just a few hundred thousand ...

I hype bledsoe because I like him he is like a westbrook to me ... don't talk to me about judging talent bro you just said that cousins doesn't have talent and doesn't know how to play ball ... that's just ignorant. .. your the biggest joke of a magic fan I've seen in this forum since the user d12fan was in here lol
    You have a screw loose if you think JJ is getting more money than Jason terry, Jamal Crawford, or jr smith. They all we fa signings and are playing for 5 mil or less... Look around the league by all indications him making more than 6 million are slim to none. Sure someone might lose their mind and over pay but with the NBA trends today it won't be happening more than likely. Open your eyes. Those are three of the top 6th men in the league right now. Where were the bidding wars on them like everyone anticipates on JJ?

We have one of the better young up and coming centers in Vuc... Your being ignorant in wanting an over hyped crybaby who can't play team ball. We just got rid of a "me" player why are you so eager to get another?
    Last edited by Rinzler; 12-25-2012 at 08:04 PM.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    And you still think Dwight actually considered staying? Lol Dwight wanted la or ny no matter who was here.
    Why did he opt in to the final year of his contract then? He could of signed in Brooklyn with none of the drama...as much as I hated the Dwight situation that he created I do feel he was torn
    It's well known Dwight had to opt in or be shipped to LA. He only wanted LA after Brooklyn was no longer a possibility.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    He doesn't have to pay taxes on that in Florida. So it isn't actually as much as you think Einstein. I love the half thought out responses you guys come up with. You brought up family. You think he wants to uproot his family for maybe a few extra hundred thousand a year? Just to be trade bait everywhere he goes? You my friend are cute. He's openly said in the media he'll take less to stay. He has privately said he do whatever it takes to stay. So when it comes to what he has said in front of me or what some forum jockey who gushes over Eric Bledsoe says...consider the source.
    Lol the no state income tax is not even that much money saved to be honest. It only applies to games played in Florida, so either way he's paying taxes on 41 games.

And "a few extra hundred thousand"? It's more like $2-3M a year. I think we'd pay JJ $7M a year, but not $9-10 that he's gonna get.
    Some players value some things over money. Like I said **IF** he commands 9 mil a year it's a tougher choice(which I doubt). But if its Orlando for 6 mil a year or bottom feeder with cap space for 8 the money difference isn't enough tbh. If he's traded it will be in a sign and trade in offseason unless its a ridiculous offer before deadline.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    I never said i wanted cousins ...I also like Vuc

Jason terry is getting old

Jr smith has issues off the court half the time

Crawford has been under appreciated his whole career

vCash

Magic plan to trade Redick

But JJ's achievements and presence supersedes theirs? Lol come on, teams cannot afford to overpay anymore. Someone might do 8-10 mil a year but common knowledge says there won't be an outrageous bidding war for JJ. I still think **IF** it happens it will be an offseason s&t for an expiring and a pick.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    You have a screw loose if you think JJ is getting more money than Jason terry, Jamal Crawford, or jr smith. They all we fa signings and are playing for 5 mil or less... Look around the league by all indications him making more than 6 million are slim to none. Sure someone might lose their mind and over pay but with the NBA trends today it won't be happening more than likely. Open your eyes. Those are three of the top 6th men in the league right now. Where were the bidding wars on them like everyone anticipates on JJ?

We have one of the better young up and coming centers in Vuc... Your being ignorant in wanting an over hyped crybaby who can't play team ball. We just got rid of a "me" player why are you so eager to get another?
    Oh lord, here we go, another MBS in the Magic forum, just what we need. Why are you so angry? Take a chill pill or 2. Or 20.

You make a good point about JR, Terry and Crawford. One little caveat is Crawford and Terry are a little older and are chasing rings, so they signed for less. JR Smith had other offers but CHOSE to sign with the Knicks for his salary. All these guys have made a ton of money already. JJ hasn't, and I doubt he's gonna take significantly less to play for a rebuilding team.

And by the way, Cousins is one of the most talented big men in the league. I understand why you wouldn't want him, but understand why any team would. He's immature but immensely talented. If he matures, holy hell, watch out. It's a risk, but he is and will be WORLDS better than Vuc can ever dream of.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    It's well known Dwight had to opt in or be shipped to LA. He only wanted LA after Brooklyn was no longer a possibility.
    Brooklyn was still a possibility at that point..we might have traded him to LA that day but dwight still had the option to opt out at the end of the year and go to Brooklyn

Brooklyn only became fully out of the picture this summer once they signed Brook Lopez to the long term deal...before that Dwight could of opted out of the final year and signed there with no drama

vCash

I Agree

Oh lord, here we go, another MBS in the Magic forum, just what we need. Why are you so angry? Take a chill pill or 2. Or 20.

You make a good point about JR, Terry and Crawford. One little caveat is Crawford and Terry are a little older and are chasing rings, so they signed for less. JR Smith had other offers but CHOSE to sign with the Knicks for his salary. All these guys have made a ton of money already. JJ hasn't, and I doubt he's gonna take significantly less to play for a rebuilding team.

And by the way, Cousins is one of the most talented big men in the league. I understand why you wouldn't want him, but understand why any team would. He's immature but immensely talented. If he matures, holy hell, watch out. It's a risk, but he is and will be WORLDS better than Vuc can ever dream of.
    I agree but I wouldn't trade vuc or hark. I may send baby, Nelson, Reddick, and Harrington for Cousins and Evans and Jimmer. (.maybe salmons since they want to get rid of them.
    Can I get all the non Bandwagon true fans to stand up?

vCash
    The Orlando Magic risk losing J.J. Redick in unrestricted free agency if they don't trade the veteran shooting guard, but as Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD reports, trading Redick isn't the first item on Orlando's agenda.

Coming into the season, says Kyler, Orlando did not see Redick as part of its long-term future. But "the thinking on Redick has changed considerably" since the season began, and the Magic are more keen to keep him now than they were in training camp.

However, the change of heart does not necessarily mean Orlando is set against trading him. The Magic don't want to risk losing Redick in free agency, and though he and his family have expressed a desire to keep him in pinstripes, Orlando "won’t control the free agent process." That lack of control could prompt the Magic to trade him, which action would reflect the business realities of the situation, and not a dislike of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    So basically you posted this for nothing lol
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash

The year has already started and this man already made post of the year. A few quick comments on all of the paragraphs...

1. I haven't been on in probably over a year, but I remember MBS all too well. You hit the nail on the head there.

2. Couldn't have said it better myself. Have you seen how old Terry is? Have you seen how immature Smith can be? JJ is just as productive the majority of the time, though may have a lower ceiling in terms of production, but he's a model citizen on and off the court and is an outstanding leader in the locker room. What team wouldn't want that?

3. Very true, though I'm part of the boat that doesn't want Cousins unless the asking price of the Kings comes way down. They likely overvalue him too much and it'd cost us half of our young players as well as a pick or two to get him. Vuc, our other young players, and our picks are worth more than Cousins right now, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    You should stop being such a hard head. It clearly states that Orlando's thinking on JJ has changed, and that they won't just let him go for nothing, which completely contradicts what you've been saying. I'm part of the boat that thinks we should trade him, just like you, but not if we don't get a good young player and/or a first round pick in return. He'll probably stay if we don't get at least one of the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xRage10 View Post
    You should stop being such a hard head. It clearly states that Orlando's thinking on JJ has changed, and that they won't just let him go for nothing, which completely contradicts what you've been saying. I'm part of the boat that thinks we should trade him, just like you, but not if we don't get a good young player and/or a first round pick in return. He'll probably stay if we don't get at least one of the two.
    Just to add on a bit it does add a little more perspective that they DO want to keep JJ, but with all the uncertainty are probably inclined to trade him.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast