Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Magic plan to trade Redick

Getty Images
    J.J. Redick is a valuable outside shooter on a rebuilding team in the last year of a very reasonable $6.1 million contract.
    It doesn’t really take a sophisticated NBA follower to see he is a prime trade target.
    Ric Bucher of CSNBayArea.com confirms that on Sulia, but adds that this is more likely to be a deadline deal than something coming soon.
    …there’s no urgency on the part of the Magic for several reasons, according to a source. One: after a rough 5-10 start, Orlando has gone 6-3, a burst not coincidentally launched by a soul-satisfying win over former teammate Dwight Howard and the Lakers. If Redick is moved, it will be for a younger talent and/or a draft pick and the Magic wouldn’t mind staying competitive for as long as they can this season. Two: as of right now, the potential suitors aren’t anywhere near making their best offer. The likeliest trade partners: Chicago, Memphis, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Utah. The Bulls were interested in Redick as a FA and Memphis supposedly expressed recent interest.
    This is the season when everybody starts talking trades, but really most of the action will not come for another month. Once we get into late January we start to see pressure on moves. But most of what is going to happen will be a lot closer to the Feb. 21 trade deadline.
    Including Redick. He’s going to get dealt. Just not yet.
    Lmaoooo remember those new clown in here question myself and a few others on moving redick. "The organization loves him"......

Bow downthe bold explains why your idiots
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Yeah. I don't see why they wouldn't. Always assumed it was inevitable.

He's got a ton of value, and re-signing him to a 8-10 million a year deal isn't in our best interests.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash

Magic plan to trade Redick

Lol and you listen to Ric Bucher? Doesn't surprise me one bit with you. How's your coke head qb been playing lately? He's good too right, how's his stats now? Such a joke.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    I don't believe it will take 8-10 mil to resign JJ. I think it will probably be around 7 mil, but the kicker would be more guaranteed money. You don't trade your BEST player on a team like this. He will guide the youngsters up. Go Magic! Keep JJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jer3miah View Post
    I don't believe it will take 8-10 mil to resign JJ. I think it will probably be around 7 mil, but the kicker would be more guaranteed money. You don't trade your BEST player on a team like this. He will guide the youngsters up. Go Magic! Keep JJ.
    Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo this is definately my candidate for worst post of the year
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    Lol and you listen to Ric Bucher? Doesn't surprise me one bit with you. How's your coke head qb been playing lately? He's good too right, how's his stats now? Such a joke.
    And everything u post is a close second. Ric bucher has nothing else to make up rumors about but......Jj redick lmao n'please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jer3miah View Post
    I'd bet a tremendous amount of money that he gets 8-10. He got 3 year/$20.19M last time...that's just shy of 7 a year. Many feel he's improved. I think we're looking at 8 million AAV at the lowest.

That's not worth it for a team like us to spend. We don't need to be investing money into 4th options at this point. We're not winning anything soon. That many could be better spent/saved.

He's the perfect trade asset for a team rebuilding to use. We could pair him with a bad contract, get draft picks, get a good young player or even all three.

HOWEVER, the Magic maintain they aren't rebuilding...so who knows. But if we truly are, he needs to be traded (and we should be).
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-18-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Redick for Derrick Williams would be the ideal trade.

Detroit Lions (10-4)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (5-19)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    You should probably read the rest of the article too.

but there's no urgency on the part of the Magic for several reasons, according to a source. One: after a rough 5-10 start, Orlando has gone 6-3, a burst not coincidentally launched by a soul-satisfying win over former teammate Dwight Howard and the Lakers. If Redick is moved, it will be for a younger talent and/or a draft pick and the Magic wouldn't mind staying competitive for as long as they can this season. Two: as of right now, the potential suitors aren't anywhere near making their best offer. The likeliest trade partners: Chicago, Memphis, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Utah. The Bulls were interested in Redick as a FA and Memphis supposedly expressed recent interest. I haven't heard directly that Minnesota, Milwaukee and Utah have talked to Orlando but Redick fits their systems and/or fills a need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    You should probably read the rest of the article too.
    Dude that's mentioned. Maybe you should read the rest of the article. No one said anything is close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Redick for Derrick Williams would be the ideal trade.
    Derrick Williams potential is high, however I question his work ethic. I do not question JJs work ethic. I really disagree with trading this guy because when you trade a guy like JJ you always get less value. Hes worth more to the magic then his skills on the court. You cannot teach loyalty and hard work. Its true hes 28 years old and not getting younger however I do not think he is someone we need to get rid of. I would not mind paying JJ 8 mill a year hes certain earned it. I think we at least need to let him play out the year and see how he does. Hes way more then a spot up shooter now. He wants to be in Orlando we should not over look that. We are 11-13 right now and have beaten quality teams along the way. It shows this team still has some fight and we do not need to tear it apart just add a few pieces. Its still going to take time but only time will tell what they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petersmagic12 View Post
    Derrick Williams potential is high, however I question his work ethic. I do not question JJs work ethic. I really disagree with trading this guy because when you trade a guy like JJ you always get less value. Hes worth more to the magic then his skills on the court. You cannot teach loyalty and hard work. Its true hes 28 years old and not getting younger however I do not think he is someone we need to get rid of. I would not mind paying JJ 8 mill a year hes certain earned it. I think we at least need to let him play out the year and see how he does. Hes way more then a spot up shooter now. He wants to be in Orlando we should not over look that. We are 11-13 right now and have beaten quality teams along the way. It shows this team still has some fight and we do not need to tear it apart just add a few pieces. Its still going to take time but only time will tell what they do.
    It's a gamble we would have to take if we are to trade Redick for another player. I wouldn't really mind Williams, like you said he has the potential to be a good player and he's only 21 right now. Given the minutes he could pan out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Dude that's mentioned. Maybe you should read the rest of the article. No one said anything is close
    You're acting like he has already been traded, yet half of the article contradicts the idea of him being traded. You really think if teams are going to offer **** in return the Magic will trade him? Stop being pompous all the time.

vCash
    There is no doubt In My mind that magic will trade jj.... its just a matter of who and when.... I think we will get back a good deal for him too... ill miss him but its what's best for us to get back to the playoffs in the near future and rebuild faster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    You're acting like he has already been traded, yet half of the article contradicts the idea of him being traded. You really think if teams are going to offer **** in return the Magic will trade him? Stop being pompous all the time.
    What they hell you talkin about it says later rather than sooner. And we have a 18m TPE to use with him and other assets.

How's that pompous? I think your just bored

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast