Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Carmelo Anthony playing it 'smart' with sore ankle

The few, and I mean the very few who thinks Melo should be playing need to read this:

last year he played with injuries and his shot was just missing, and posters were all over him, this believe me is soooooooooo smart of him for the team and himself.

Here's a little thing you need to do before you make comments you have no clue about, go watch the clip on Melo's fall, and as a Knick fan give a big sigh of relief and be glad him and the team want him 100%.

Lasty if you ever played with inflammation in your ankle, you should try it, I did then missed the next month.

Not too bright!

Originally published: December 18, 2012 2:47 PM
    Updated: December 18, 2012 3:51 PM
    By AL IANNAZZONE al.iannazzone@newsday.com

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Carmelo Anthony said he was lucky he didn't get hurt worse on his nasty fall last Thursday against the Lakers. But his left ankle is still sore and could keep him out for a third straight game.

Anthony called himself a game-time decision against the Nets Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. But he talked about being smart and making sure he's healthy before he plays.

"I think the best thing for me, the best thing for the team, the best thing for the organization is to have me healthy at this point," Anthony said. "Right now it's about being smart. If it was late in the season, I probably would be singing a different tune. Right now it's still early in the season. It's a matter of seeing how I feel, being 100 percent, and not letting anything linger for the rest of the season."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anthony ran for the first time Tuesday. He said the ankle was bothering him, but he planned to come back Tuesday night for a workout and see how he feels Wednesday.

Anthony said he's fortunate he's not in worse condition. He landed awkwardly after a hard foul from Dwight Howard and was concerned because his back, hip and knee were hurting him more than his ankle. Now it's just the ankle.

"I never took a fall like that," Anthony said. "To tell you the truth I think I got lucky, especially after looking at the fall, going through with the fall, I got lucky during that fall.

"My knee is fine, hip is fine. All that stuff healed. Right now it's just my ankle. It's not sprained right now. It's badly bruised. There's still some inflammation in there."

Coach Mike Woodson said he won't rush Anthony back. The next game after the Nets is Friday against Chicago.

The Eastern Conference-leading Knicks are moving closer to becoming whole.

Amar'e Stoudemire practiced for the first time since October knee surgery. Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby could return this week and Iman Shumpert is expected back next month.

"Everybody is getting healthy to where they need to be," Anthony said. "I'm excited about that. There's a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. I don't want to sit here and sound sad or anything. We're still first in the East. We're still top of our division. Just seeing those guys on the way back, they're just going to bring so much more to our team."

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I can't believe there are even guys questioning him for not playing...

vCash
    all i want for xmas is melo and stat balling the lakers up!
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I can't believe there are even guys questioning him for not playing...
    probably the same guys that questioned Lin when we were 0-3 against the Heat.

vCash
    After that injury I'm just happy Melo didn't have season ending knee surgery. That **** looked brutal.

vCash
    The people questioning Melo are the same people who flip out and scream the sky is falling after every loss. The way he landed with his leg bent back was a possible season ending type of fall. He is extremely lucky how it turned out. I have no problem sitting him another game if his ankle is inflamed to play it safe. Stat and Melo back on Friday will cure everything!!

vCash
    I don't know how many of you guys are MMA fans but when I saw the replay of how Carmelo landed when he fell, I automatically thought of the way Mirko Cro-Cop fell when he got knocked out by Gonzaga. His ankle was jacked up.

Melo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVIiVhiwQ8

Cro-Cop - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199Ts4MZEiM

vCash

Good move. Honestly if we had a bad record he would have been playing tho. Get him 100% then go to work.

vCash
    im excited for when he comes back and we have a full roster including camby, amare, and shump

vCash
    Guys can't take chances, if we lose Melo, were toast, let him rest till January if he has to. Running up and down on a basketball court on a yet fully recovered sprained ankle is senseless a sure a recipe for disaster.

vCash
    This team needs to go back to playing better D as we did when the season opened. I know we haven't had a chance to practice, but while Melo is out...instead of trying to make up for his scoring production, which is impossible, we need to D UP!!!! We've gotten lazy because we have been able to score so well.

vCash
    i'm going Sunday so yea rest that ankle and Amare back and it will be fun to be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i'm going Sunday so yea rest that ankle and Amare back and it will be fun to be there.
    I'll be there too. Hoping that is the day of STAT's return but I want Melo back for BK. Not going to sweat it he isn't but I want to win that game handily at MSG.

vCash
    I'll be near the basket towards the side where spike sits, I'm deciding who to take lol.......

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Melo showed a lot of toughness getting up and walking away from a fall like that. I designate KT to do the same to Kobe. Just kidding!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast