Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Copeland assigned to D-league?

not sure I understand this coming off a 29 point game....

New York Knicks Assign Chris Copeland and James White to NBA D-League

NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2012 – The New York Knicks today assigned Chris Copeland and James White to the Erie BayHawks, the Knicks’ NBA Development League affiliate. The assignments are the 57th and 58th of the 2012-13 NBA and NBA D-League seasons, while Copeland and White join 36 other NBA players who have been assigned to the NBA D-League this season.

Copeland (6-8, 225, Colorado) joins the BayHawks having played in 14 games for the Knicks this season, averaging 5.7 points and 8.0 minutes.

White (6-7, 215, Cincinnati) has appeared in 18 games for the Knicks this season, averaging 1.8 points and 6.6 minutes.

Both players are expected to practice with the BayHawks at MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, N.Y. today.
    Link: http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/new_...012_12_18.html

Does this mean the return of stat and shump?
    Last edited by cava11aro; 12-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    Wondering if STAT is coming back earlier than we think.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    They just needed more bodies to practice with... It also said amare was assigned to the d-league

vCash
    this is part of the amare practice with the d league copeland will come back for sure
    ONCE A KNICK ALWAYS A KNICK ALLSTAR 2013@KnicksBrooklyn

vCash
    Your reading toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much into this...meaningless. ppl get sent and brought up all the time ... it use to happen to some guy named ...ughhh what was his name again...oh yea....Jeremy lin.

vCash
    Make way for the STAT man.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    It was only for STAT to get some practice in with the "young" guys on the team (Cope & White)

vCash
    Great part about sending players to the D League is you can call them up on the day of a game to play. This basically means Woody wants them to get as much practice as possible seeing how the team isnt doing much practice this week.
    Props To KnicksR4Real For The Sig

Props To KniCks4LiFe

vCash
    Teams are starting to use the D League differently. It is a good way to to ease Amare into game shape. Not sure why they sent Copeland there though. Maybe to give Amare some competition?

vCash
    Not sure if this is just for practice purposes

Felton/Prig
    Kidd/Jr
    Brewer/Novak
    Melo/Amare
    Chandler/Wallace

Shump and Camby right? I bet until Shump returns Woodson sticks with Kurt Thomas as well

It only makes sense to let them keep playing as opposed to making them inactive with a pretend injury
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    If I recall even if you send a player down the to the D-League he still counts on your active roster so I doubt this is a move to bring back STAT.. They just wanted the players to get some practice in.

vCash
    I think a lot of this was because they are in town. Might as well get them the practice time. I think we recall them for the game tonight.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think a lot of this was because they are in town. Might as well get them the practice time. I think we recall them for the game tonight.
    I think they already said that, i'll look for a link
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    I'm almost positive we'll recall Copeland for tonight.

As for White....maybe.

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    Why both of them?