Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why doesnt Cope get more minutes?

He's an outstanding scorer no doubt, although his defense and rebounding is a little shaky, that could be worked on... He is a deadly shooter, that 3 he made last night with the defense all over him made me go nuts and shows what kind of scorer he can be..
    My team, my city.

vCash
    we already have a deadly 3pt shooter with shaky defense and rebounding.

vCash
    you answered your own question and understand who the coach is?

I bet Mike D would love this guy. Hmm trade lol

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Copeland for... Lakers have nothing we don't already lol

But because he doesn't deserve minutes over JR Smith, Brewer, Melo, Novak, & Kidd. Then we got Iman returning and squeezing him in now will only make it harder to fit Iman in when he's ready

vCash
    He should get 15 minutes a game so he could get his trade value up. He can bring a 1st rounder
    My team, my city.

vCash
    When I woke up this morning I asked myself the same thing. Copeland has definitely shown he can play. His highlight game alone where he produced numbers in every category in only 10 mins is a prime example of how good he can be. Sure his rebounding and defending is something that needs work, but I think that gets adjusted with game minutes. Cope and Novak are the same height and Novak is even starting to go after rebounds.

But back to the issue, although I also believe he should get more minutes. You have to understand the school that Mike Woodson came from. His way of thinking is, games go to the vets and rookies must learn the "NBA" game. Red Holzman was a great coach for specifically this type of philosophy.

It is a long season and injuries are bound to occur, Cope is doing exactly what he needs to do. Which is what Woodson has told everyone. Stay ready and produce with the minutes your given. I'm sure these type of productions don't go on blind eyes.

vCash
    His defense is horrendous, is why.

vCash
    Because he plays 'Melo's position

vCash
    because he could'nt defend you....

Cope scores 8 points, his guy scores 7.

Whats the point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOULDA COULDA View Post
    because he could'nt defend you....

Cope scores 8 points, his guy scores 7.

Whats the point?
    Actually cope scores 8, opposition scores 10. In fact that's what happened yesterday.

vCash
    His rebounding and defense isn't "shaky", it's down right awful.

Even Novak tries, Copeland doesn't try.

He can score, but that is all.

vCash
    There isn't a role for him when Melo is healthy. He's a good guy to have on the bench when you need an additional scoring punch and their is a guy he can matchup with on defense and not get super-exposed for his tweener status.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    won't be long he won't be dressing soon, January I'd say.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I think he and Pablo should get minutes together every game at least until Amare comes back. When Chandler comes out we don't have another pick n roll player in the game.

vCash
    He should get more time, especially when JR can't buy a shot, or when Felton is off.

Novak doesn't play D but that doesn't mean he's not huge for us.

I'd like to see more of Prigs & Cope together.

I respect what JR has done this year on defense and his overall game, but I think Woody has way too long of a leash with Felton & JR.

I also wanna see White get more time, I think Woody is playing Kidd & Chandler too much lately, hopefully Shump & Amare can fix that next week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast