Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    There is no way we can keep who we want to and sign a big name FA WR. We are going to have to go into the draft. Bowe is gonna want and get a ******** amount of money. With Harvin back we really just need a Sidney Rice type. Just one that isn't made of glass...

vCash
    I was trying to think of a way we could get two big name WR's under the cap and there is a creative yet risky way of doing it. Say that we end up giving Harvin a new 5 year 45 million dollar deal, slightly larger than what Antonio Brown got (take into considerations Harvin's role and injury risks). That on average is 9 million per year, why not front load the contract? Harvin still ends up making more money and it if he can stay healthy for just half of the deal the Vikings would be alright cap wise. Here is my suggestion the contracts layout:

year 1 9,000,000
    year 2 11,000,000
    year 3 10,500,000
    year 4 7,500,000
    year 5 7,000,000
    Total Contact = 45 million dollars... yes it is pricey to pay a WR.

But now say we want to go out and get Dwayne Bowe and sign him to the same 5 year 45 million dollar contract (slightly higher than what Rice got in Seattle) and we give him a backloaded contact.

year 1 7,000,000
    year 2 8,000,000
    year 3 9,000,000
    year 4 10,000,000
    year 5 11,000,000
    Total Contract = 45 million dollars

This could fundamentally allow us to have 2 WR's under the cap without crippling us from making other moves.
    Total WR cap hits over 5 years:
    Year 1: 16,000,000
    Year 2: 19,000,000
    Year 3: 19,500,000
    Year 4: 17,500,000
    Year 5: 18,000,000

This is just a rough sketch of how we could work contracts but at the end of the day there are some tricky ways we should be able to fit two high caliber WR's under the cap.

vCash
    As to my previous post we will have about 20 million in open cap space to work with this off-season before any cuts (Carlson & Charlie Johnson) and contract restructures. If we would go ahead with something similar to what I proposed we would spend (16,000,000 - 2,500,000 Harvin Salary) 13,500,000 of that on WR's.

Considering we haven't made any cuts to that point we can definitely work with 6.5 million in cap space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24 View Post
    bring on greg jennings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dosent fit with our youth movement. Also it seems like he is on the downside of his carrear.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Other than last week Simpson has been downright horrible for us and is almost as sorry an excuse for a #1 as Berrian was. That said, I feel sorry comparing anyone to Berrian because he was just a lazy bum. I've said it earlier, I don't think that right now Simpson is that same WR who hurdled that buffalo DB in the pre-season. His back has slowed him down and possibly effected his catch radius, although it's not excuse for some of the ridiculous gimmie drops he's had this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year, but I'd have a hard time believing that we should pay him as much as we did this year, nor should we really be counting on him. Simpson is in the same boat as Jenkins right now, they both have their bright spots but all in all they are players who should only be seeing spot duty, not guys we're counting on every down. Basically on a GOOD TEAM (like we want to be) Simpson would be seeing the field as much or less than Devin Aromashodu (who I think is a really sympathetic figure since he's gotten screwed over by PI non-calls more than anybody I've ever seen).

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Ponder said last game was the first game he's seen Jerome smile. That back injury is more then they want to make it out.

vCash
    If Ponder and Simpson can get going what they had going this training camp the Vikings could easily surprise the League and Beat both the Texans and the Pack.

vCash
    I honestly don't think Jennings would go from having Rodgers throw to him to Ponder throwing to him. And I don't think he'd do that to the Packers.

vCash
    Also I'd rather have Micheal Jenkins instead of Jerome Simpson... Just sayin

vCash
    Why's everyone so gun-ho on Bowe?

vCash
    As long as he takes Carlson with him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Dosent fit with our youth movement. Also it seems like he is on the downside of his carrear.
    Depending on how long Winfield sticks around I could see up bringing in a high character veteran to set a good example for the younger players. Plus dude can ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    I honestly don't think Jennings would go from having Rodgers throw to him to Ponder throwing to him. And I don't think he'd do that to the Packers.
    If we show him the money he will but he's going to get good money from other teams as well. I don't really want Jennings as I think he's good but more of a product of the system. A guy like Bowe (who I don't like that much either) would be the better of the two just because Bowe is that big WR that we are begging for.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    I don't know guys...Simpson has played well the last few weeks. It's possible the Vikes could bring him back with a strong finish to the season here. He still isn't beating anyone deep but he's at least catching the ball now.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    Your logic would work if we weren't talking about millions of dollars. You really think all of that matters? Look at Mario Williams.

Granted, Jennings won't be line for that kind of pay day, but to think he'd exile the Vikings just because of Ponder is short-sighted.

He wouldn't do that to the Packers? Favre, Longwell, and Sharper all disagree with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast