Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jerome Simpsons days are numbered?

Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings
    Dec 18 - 9:28 AM

Beat writer Tom Pelissero says it "seems a given" that the Vikings will not bring back impending free agent Jerome Simpson in 2013.

Simpson has been among the least effective starting wideouts in the NFL this season. Perhaps his early-season back injury has something to do with it, but the straight-line speedster doesn't even appear to be giving enough effort. He has 19 catches for 203 yards in his first 10 games as a Viking.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1

vCash
    Good riddance! He was never gonna be the solution to our wide receiver problem. But he was worse than I thought he was gonna be.

vCash
    See ya

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Fine with me.

vCash
    I say give him one more year as our No 3 under Bowe and Harvin. He played bad at times but he hasn't even been in like half of the games and when he is in he hasn't been thrown to many times...I say bring him back but at cheap as possible.

vCash
    I say bring him back for training camp and see how he stacks up against the rest of the talent. He had some nice catches in Sunday's game, and from what I understand his back is still bothering him to the extent that it affects his mobility and ability to reach out. Give him the offseason to recuperate, and get a look at him in training camp. Presumably there will also be some new draft picks for WR around to push him as well. Burton looked pretty good in yesterday's game, plus there's the practice squad signee Lamar Brown, who seems to have a lot of upside.
    In short, I think he should be given a chance to compete for a spot on the team. If he doesn't come out on top, at least he had a chance. He has the physical ability that is hard to find in the league, with good intuition as well, so the Vikes would be remiss to at least give him another shot.

vCash
    wait, the guy who got 2 pounds of weed sent his house isnt putting in a lot of effort? shocker

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    So we want a guy that can't run the right routes, can't block, and has a tenancy to drop passes.. Seems like a perfect wr.

vCash
    bring on greg jennings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24 View Post
    bring on greg jennings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why not Bowe?

70 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Why not Bowe?
    Bowe is better on so many levels....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Zygi needs to go get him!!!!!!

(Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Our Offense would be like 1998

(Season Stats)

vCash
    Either would be an upgrade over what we have now. I would prefer Bowe but not sure the likely hood he comes here. Jennings either for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    Either would be an upgrade over what we have now. I would prefer Bowe but not sure the likely hood he comes here. Jennings either for that matter.
    I would also prefer Bowe. However, I think Jennings is probably a more realistic target for the following reasons:

1) At 29, there will be fewer suitors for Jennings. He will also likely be cheaper as a result.
    2) We have a history of signing former Packers, and the reason is that most of them would rather not move across the country and uproot their families if there is an option up the road.
    3) Having already won a Superbowl, Jennings is more likely to pick a team that is a good fit rather than one going all out for a Superbowl next year.

That said, I'm not sure we could afford to sign Jennings or Bowe whilst resigning Percy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast