Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I would love to trade one of our A ball pitchers for Bourjos and sign Ross. Platoon Duda and Cowgill in LF.

CF: Bourjos
    SS: Tejada
    3B: Wright
    1B: Ike
    RF: Ross
    2B: Murphy
    LF: Duda/Cowgill
    C: Buck

Than when Darno comes up...

CF: Bourjos
    SS: Tejada
    3B: Wright
    1B: Ike
    RF: Ross
    C: Darno
    2B: Murphy
    LF: Duda/Cowgill
    Most Likely it would cost us something along the lines of Mejia/Familia and Tapia/Montero.

Which I might add I would do

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I love the job that Sandy has done so far. BOO HOO to those that don't. I only hope that there is something more to come, I would love Bourn but just a dream. Cowgill will be ok for a 4th OF but we need to get Cody Ross if possible I wouldn't mind getting Alfonzo Soriano if the Cubbies would eat about 26 million of the 36 owed over 2 yrs

vCash
    Duda should be traded to the Astros where he can hit everyday as a 1b/dh. Too bad they don't have anything worthwhile to send back.

vCash
    As far as Bourjos i would love to have him I would even send say Majia or Familia for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think people fall in love with his 6'5 250 frame and thinking he will hit 30 home runs in a season at some point.

But like you mentioned his defense is so horrible that it negates whatever possible power he could have.

He doesnt belong on this team but he has no trade value either so the Mets will plug him out there next year and finally realize he won't materialize into the hitter they want him to be.
    It really has nothing to do with frame. The Mets see him as someone who may work out regardless of defense. Weather he is platooning or not Lucas Duda will be seeing some sort of playing time in RF. Mike Baxter and Lucas Duda have no long term future on this team as starters, but I believe since there is 2014 in their minds Duda will be the one starting instead of Baxter regardless of Baxter giving us a few meaningless wins.

vCash
    If Duda is starting in 2014, bye Ike Davis. I can't take anymore Lucas Duda in the OF.

I reiterate that Baxter is 13 months older than Duda so there can't be a double standard here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    It really has nothing to do with frame. The Mets see him as someone who may work out regardless of defense. Weather he is platooning or not Lucas Duda will be seeing some sort of playing time in RF. Mike Baxter and Lucas Duda have no long term future on this team as starters, but I believe since there is 2014 in their minds Duda will be the one starting instead of Baxter regardless of Baxter giving us a few meaningless wins.
    I think it does to some extent, it's hard to look at a guy that big and not expect him to hit 25+ home runs. The obvious problem is the fact that he has no position defensively on this team.

But i am sure there are some that believe he could outhit his poor defense.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-18-2012 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Lucas Duda reminds me of Dave Kingman no wait Duda makes Kingman look like a Hall of Famer

vCash
    I'm a fan of the move. Cowgill has some nice tools. I feel that Sandy is doing a great job. I think Ross is the PERFECT fit for the team. A solid veteran who's a great clubhouse guy too. I think the Mets should sign Ross, and then sign Francisco Liriano as the 5th starter. Then maybe a bullpen arm or two. Hence a Bobby Jenks type and a lefty reliever. Also, sign a guy like Matt Treanor as the back up catcher until TDA is ready. So:

Tejada
    Murph
    Wright
    Ike
    Ross
    Duda
    Buck
    Cowgill/Kirk
    P

I wouldn't mind that line up, and then have TDA replace buck and move up to 6th in the lineup

vCash

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    I like the move.. Another guy to bring in and see how he does in a year we are going nowhere anyway...if he pans out..great ..if not what does it hurt??

As for Duda..I have no problem throwing him out in RF..since this is a year to "rebuild" maybe .. this is the year he hits..if so..it just adds to our rebuilding...trade him to a team that needs a firstbaseman(knowing he will never be good OF) and bring back something we need.

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Also I don't understand why people believe that Bourjos would only cost Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia.

The guy is 25 years old, great defensive CFer, and has great speed. The guy will cost a lot more than Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia. Especially considering how rare great defensive CFers are to come by

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Also I don't understand why people believe that Bourjos would only cost Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia.

The guy is 25 years old, great defensive CFer, and has great speed. The guy will cost a lot more than Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia. Especially considering how rare great defensive CFers are to come by
    It shouldn't cost too much more than that. If it does, then forget him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I like the move.. Another guy to bring in and see how he does in a year we are going nowhere anyway...if he pans out..great ..if not what does it hurt??

As for Duda..I have no problem throwing him out in RF..since this is a year to "rebuild" maybe .. this is the year he hits..if so..it just adds to our rebuilding...trade him to a team that needs a firstbaseman(knowing he will never be good OF) and bring back something we need.
    Duda won't net much at all, and he'll be playing LF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

He's a 4th or 5th OFer on the Angels. They will take whatever they can for him (or Trumbo/Wells) because there is not enough ABs to go around for them.

Familia or Mejia package can probably get it done. Familia was actually ranked 97th overall prospect by MLB.com this year, and in 2010 Bourjos was ranked #97 by Baseball America.

Something like Familia + Aderlin Rodriguez/Reese Havens for Bourjos.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast