Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 192
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I would love to trade one of our A ball pitchers for Bourjos and sign Ross. Platoon Duda and Cowgill in LF.

    CF: Bourjos
    SS: Tejada
    3B: Wright
    1B: Ike
    RF: Ross
    2B: Murphy
    LF: Duda/Cowgill
    C: Buck

    Than when Darno comes up...

    CF: Bourjos
    SS: Tejada
    3B: Wright
    1B: Ike
    RF: Ross
    C: Darno
    2B: Murphy
    LF: Duda/Cowgill
    Most Likely it would cost us something along the lines of Mejia/Familia and Tapia/Montero.

    Which I might add I would do


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    I love the job that Sandy has done so far. BOO HOO to those that don't. I only hope that there is something more to come, I would love Bourn but just a dream. Cowgill will be ok for a 4th OF but we need to get Cody Ross if possible I wouldn't mind getting Alfonzo Soriano if the Cubbies would eat about 26 million of the 36 owed over 2 yrs

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    533
    vCash
    1500
    Duda should be traded to the Astros where he can hit everyday as a 1b/dh. Too bad they don't have anything worthwhile to send back.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    As far as Bourjos i would love to have him I would even send say Majia or Familia for him

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think people fall in love with his 6'5 250 frame and thinking he will hit 30 home runs in a season at some point.

    But like you mentioned his defense is so horrible that it negates whatever possible power he could have.

    He doesnt belong on this team but he has no trade value either so the Mets will plug him out there next year and finally realize he won't materialize into the hitter they want him to be.
    It really has nothing to do with frame. The Mets see him as someone who may work out regardless of defense. Weather he is platooning or not Lucas Duda will be seeing some sort of playing time in RF. Mike Baxter and Lucas Duda have no long term future on this team as starters, but I believe since there is 2014 in their minds Duda will be the one starting instead of Baxter regardless of Baxter giving us a few meaningless wins.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,459
    vCash
    1500
    If Duda is starting in 2014, bye Ike Davis. I can't take anymore Lucas Duda in the OF.

    I reiterate that Baxter is 13 months older than Duda so there can't be a double standard here.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    It really has nothing to do with frame. The Mets see him as someone who may work out regardless of defense. Weather he is platooning or not Lucas Duda will be seeing some sort of playing time in RF. Mike Baxter and Lucas Duda have no long term future on this team as starters, but I believe since there is 2014 in their minds Duda will be the one starting instead of Baxter regardless of Baxter giving us a few meaningless wins.
    I think it does to some extent, it's hard to look at a guy that big and not expect him to hit 25+ home runs. The obvious problem is the fact that he has no position defensively on this team.

    But i am sure there are some that believe he could outhit his poor defense.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-18-2012 at 03:55 PM.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Lucas Duda reminds me of Dave Kingman no wait Duda makes Kingman look like a Hall of Famer

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    699
    vCash
    1500
    I'm a fan of the move. Cowgill has some nice tools. I feel that Sandy is doing a great job. I think Ross is the PERFECT fit for the team. A solid veteran who's a great clubhouse guy too. I think the Mets should sign Ross, and then sign Francisco Liriano as the 5th starter. Then maybe a bullpen arm or two. Hence a Bobby Jenks type and a lefty reliever. Also, sign a guy like Matt Treanor as the back up catcher until TDA is ready. So:


    Tejada
    Murph
    Wright
    Ike
    Ross
    Duda
    Buck
    Cowgill/Kirk
    P

    I wouldn't mind that line up, and then have TDA replace buck and move up to 6th in the lineup

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1955
    Posts
    26,442
    vCash
    1500

    We'll Leave a Light On For You


    Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    I like the move.. Another guy to bring in and see how he does in a year we are going nowhere anyway...if he pans out..great ..if not what does it hurt??

    As for Duda..I have no problem throwing him out in RF..since this is a year to "rebuild" maybe .. this is the year he hits..if so..it just adds to our rebuilding...trade him to a team that needs a firstbaseman(knowing he will never be good OF) and bring back something we need.


    WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,042
    vCash
    1500
    Also I don't understand why people believe that Bourjos would only cost Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia.

    The guy is 25 years old, great defensive CFer, and has great speed. The guy will cost a lot more than Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia. Especially considering how rare great defensive CFers are to come by

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,459
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Also I don't understand why people believe that Bourjos would only cost Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia.

    The guy is 25 years old, great defensive CFer, and has great speed. The guy will cost a lot more than Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia. Especially considering how rare great defensive CFers are to come by
    It shouldn't cost too much more than that. If it does, then forget him.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,459
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I like the move.. Another guy to bring in and see how he does in a year we are going nowhere anyway...if he pans out..great ..if not what does it hurt??

    As for Duda..I have no problem throwing him out in RF..since this is a year to "rebuild" maybe .. this is the year he hits..if so..it just adds to our rebuilding...trade him to a team that needs a firstbaseman(knowing he will never be good OF) and bring back something we need.
    Duda won't net much at all, and he'll be playing LF.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,461
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Also I don't understand why people believe that Bourjos would only cost Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia.

    The guy is 25 years old, great defensive CFer, and has great speed. The guy will cost a lot more than Familia/Mejia + Montero/Tapia. Especially considering how rare great defensive CFers are to come by
    He's a 4th or 5th OFer on the Angels. They will take whatever they can for him (or Trumbo/Wells) because there is not enough ABs to go around for them.

    Familia or Mejia package can probably get it done. Familia was actually ranked 97th overall prospect by MLB.com this year, and in 2010 Bourjos was ranked #97 by Baseball America.

    Something like Familia + Aderlin Rodriguez/Reese Havens for Bourjos.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •