Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Baxter is only 13 months older than Duda with less ML time. If Duda can be apart of the future, so can Baxter.
    But Duda has shown the potential to be a productive power guy and Baxter has been nothing more than a 4th outfielder and has never really been said to have potential to be more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    There's still a chance that Ike is either traded/falls apart like he did in the first half (I know the story and think he'll do great, but there's still a chance), so I would prefer to give Duda his reps just in case he is needed for the future.

Plus, if he does good but doesn't fit in still, he can be traded for some value somewhere else and for someone who could help this team turn the corner. I'd say a productive Duda is more valuable than an equally productive Baxter for a team building for the future.
    No one wants Duda. He doesn't fit anywhere.

If Ike falters, I want them to stick with him. We are rebuilding.

vCash
    No one wants Duda. He doesn't fit anywhere.

If Ike falters, I want them to stick with him. We are rebuilding.
    If Duda can hit for power this season, a young team in need of a first baseman/DH wouldn't be interested in Duda?

vCash
    But Duda has shown the potential to be a productive power guy and Baxter has been nothing more than a 4th outfielder and has never really been said to have potential to be more than that.
    Duda has also shown that he is wildly inconsistent with the bat over his career, but consistently ****** in the outfield. Baxter has an undervalued skillset like I said, so whatever he was projected to be means nothing.

vCash
    It's a nice move.

Cowgill has a knack for making hard contact thanks to outstanding plate coverage and hand-eye coordination. He has gap power and his average to a tick above-average speed plays up due to excellent baserunning instincts. He stole 30 bases in 33 attempts in the minors last year. He's a good outfielder with a good arm.
    From Goldstein.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Duda has also shown that he is wildly inconsistent with the bat over his career, but consistently ****** in the outfield. Baxter has an undervalued skillset like I said, so whatever he was projected to be means nothing.
    I'm not making the case that Duda should be played so he can become a good outfielder for us. I know he is, and always will be, horrible in the outfield. I want him to get his at bats so if he needs to play first, he'll still be ready to hit and if he does well he can be used as trade bait. If that means we need to stick him in left field, so be it. It can't hurt the Mets, considering his defense isn't going to be the difference betwenn a playoff appearance or not.

Baxter hasn't been a great outfielder either. While better than Duda's, Baxter's 2012 dWAR was -0.2.

vCash
    I think its a good pickup but in reality he is a 4th outfielder. It def upgrades the team but we still need to add an outfielder.

If Bourjos could be had for Mejia/familia and some lower level prospects, Sandy has to do it.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Good platoon player for a middling team. Think a younger Hairston with more team control. Agree with those who say this is a Baxter/Cowgill platoon (and occaisionally to give Duda nights off).

vCash
    I'm not making the case that Duda should be played so he can become a good outfielder for us. I know he is, and always will be, horrible in the outfield. I want him to get his at bats so if he needs to play first, he'll still be ready to hit and if he does well he can be used as trade bait. If that means we need to stick him in left field, so be it. It can't hurt the Mets, considering his defense isn't going to be the difference betwenn a playoff appearance or not.

Baxter hasn't been a great outfielder either. While better than Duda's, Baxter's 2012 dWAR was -0.2.
    Another thing, Mike Baxter hit .301/.382/.517 with 18 HR in AAA in 2010 for Portland in the PCL. That translates to a .265/.331/.431 line in the majors, eerily similar to his line that he put up this year.

With his defense, that's a solid player in the OF, and definitely better than Duda.

vCash
    26 year old 4th OF'er with good potential is better than watching the 2012 Andres Torres for sure
    #oneatatime

vCash
    I would love to trade one of our A ball pitchers for Bourjos and sign Ross. Platoon Duda and Cowgill in LF.

CF: Bourjos
    SS: Tejada
    3B: Wright
    1B: Ike
    RF: Ross
    2B: Murphy
    LF: Duda/Cowgill
    C: Buck

Than when Darno comes up...

C: Darno
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Duda is the worst OF in the league by a longshot. He doesn't have nearly enough power to offset his bumbling out there. I can't believe anybody would want this guy in their outfield. He's a disaster. He belongs at 1B or DHing for a crappy AL team. He's like a poor man's David Ortiz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I would love to trade one of our A ball pitchers for Bourjos and sign Ross. Platoon Duda and Cowgill in LF.

C: Buck

Than when Darno comes up...

C: Darno
    Before this becomes a trend, stop calling him Darno lol. Either TDA or d'Arnaud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    Duda is the worst OF in the league by a longshot. He doesn't have nearly enough power to offset his bumbling out there. I can't believe anybody would want this guy in their outfield. He's a disaster. He belongs at 1B or DHing for a crappy AL team. He's like a poor man's David Ortiz.
    Agreed. I want no part of him, which is why I'd prefer Baxter if I had to choose one to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    I think people fall in love with his 6'5 250 frame and thinking he will hit 30 home runs in a season at some point.

But like you mentioned his defense is so horrible that it negates whatever possible power he could have.

He doesnt belong on this team but he has no trade value either so the Mets will plug him out there next year and finally realize he won't materialize into the hitter they want him to be.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast