Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    So the mets are going Cowgirl this year?

So if he makes an over the shoulder catch, it's reverse cowgirl?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I thought he was a lefty. Never mind, this is a nice trade.
    dude has no power and a 255 avg whats so nice about it

vCash
    I think this guy will platoon with Kirk in CF. I still think we get a RH bat for LF and Duda will be in RF. Cody Ross I am thinking

Tejeda
    Murphy
    Wright
    Davis
    Ross
    Duda
    Buck
    Kirk

Then when TDA comes they can shuffle the line up a bit.

Tejeda
    Murphy
    Wright
    Davis
    D'Arnaud
    Duda
    Ross
    Kirk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    dude has no power and a 255 avg whats so nice about it
    Because he hit .318 against LHP last year and could be a good platoon bat with Baxter in RF.

That and we gave up Jeffrey Marte to get him.

We have no place for Marte with Flores and Aderlin Rodriguez.

vCash
    I'd REALLY prefer we play Baxter over Duda.

vCash
    They may platoon him with Duda, but I think before 2014 they want to give Duda one more shot to see if he could be the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I'm not going to trade Mejia for an 8th hitter. I don't care if his glove is good. You'll all end up getting constant headaches once you see him hit. We need a sure impact bat. If we had established impact bats and CF was still a hole, then I would consider it. But we're not in that situation. So I'll pass on Bourjos.

I'd rather see what OFers are available after the 2014 season. I don't want Bourjos here if it means giving something up.
    Mejia has a ton of potential but really hasn't shown much major league success. Plus, he's not a really young guy anymore at age 23. Still time for improvement, but he's not looking like a sure thing at all.

Borjous is like Ordonez in center, but with a better bat. His defense is superb. For someone who can be an effective hitter (not someone who will be the best in the lineup - that's what Wright/Ike/d'Arnaud are for) and a fantastic fielder is definitly worth a 23 year old hard throwing pitcher with control problems and more.

We don't need to only go after stars. Like I said, that's why we have Wright and d'Arnaud and Ike and Harvey and Wheeler... Look at 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. We were pretty much stacked, but didn't make the playoffs once.

The Giants on the other hand, have won 2 World Series' in 3 years, but they are a dominating powerhouse. They had guys like Pagan and Scutaro and Crawford support the offensive "stars" (Posey, Sandoval, Pence).

We need to build like the Giants. We have the potential to have great pitching and potential to have great hitting. Now we just need to harvest that and get players to build around them, such as Peter Borjous.

vCash
    I'd still give Duda more AB's though, since Baxter really doesn't have much of a future ahead of him other than being a backup outfielder, while Duda could still turn out to be a 20+ HR guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    They may platoon him with Duda, but I think before 2014 they want to give Duda one more shot to see if he could be the guy.
    Mike Baxter is a more complete player who knows how to draw a walk very often. He's a moneyball player if I've ever seen one. He'll be constantly undervalued, only to put up solid unspectacular numbers every year.

He hit .263/.365/.413 (without the HR Snider robbed from him) good for a 115 OPS+. His defense is far superior to Duda's and he can steal a few bases.

Duda sucks. He needs to absolutely mash to have a little value in the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'd still give Duda more AB's though, since Baxter really doesn't have much of a future ahead of him other than being a backup outfielder, while Duda could still turn out to be a 20+ HR guy.
    With **** defense. No thank you.

vCash
    Mike Baxter is a more complete player who knows how to draw a walk. He's a moneyball player if I've ever seen one. He'll be constantly undervalued, only to put up solid unspectacular numbers every year.

He hit .263/.365/.413 (without the HR Snider robbed from him) good for a 115 OPS+. His defense is far superior to Duda's and he can steal a few bases.
    Yeah he is for a team that may need 1 missing spot. However since our goal is for 2 year from now I would rather Duda get one more try than a guy who really should be the primary right handed bat off the bench.

vCash
    If this is intead of a Ross or Hairston (which would be my guess) the Mets are throwing in the towel big time on 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Yeah he is for a team that may need 1 missing spot. However since our goal is for 2 year from now I would rather Duda get one more try than a guy who really should be the primary right handed bat off the bench.
    Baxter is only 13 months older than Duda with less ML time. If Duda can be apart of the future, so can Baxter.

vCash
    With **** defense. No thank you.
    There's still a chance that Ike is either traded/falls apart like he did in the first half (I know the story and think he'll do great, but there's still a chance), so I would prefer to give Duda his reps just in case he is needed for the future.

Plus, if he does good but doesn't fit in still, he can be traded for some value somewhere else and for someone who could help this team turn the corner. I'd say a productive Duda is more valuable than an equally productive Baxter for a team building for the future.

vCash
    ...more K's than hits in the last 2 seasons...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast