Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    OK that's fine. Now we need one more guy....

vCash
    Patience, you play Duda because you want him to improve trade value. He can 1B/DH, so you can trade him for something useful. Patience is a virtue.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    So our OF will consist of The Dude, Captain Kirk, and the Cowgirl?
    Holy Cow!
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    Patience, you play Duda because you want him to improve trade value. He can 1B/DH, so you can trade him for something useful. Patience is a virtue.
    Agree.

I'm kind of eager to replace Duda, if we can find another star-level talent to play good defense out there and slot into the 5th spot in the lineup behind Wright. But that is going to be costly.

In the meantime, I see people elsewhere wanting to add players like Kubel and Willingham, who are also poor defenders, and who in their 30s aren't likely to be better players than Duda in his mid-20s.

Kubel through age 26 had 1285 PA with a 104 OPS+ and was a replacement level player. Duda so far in 898 PA has a 111 OPS+ and is slightly below replacement level. He's on the Jason Kubel career track.

vCash
    BTW the Angels traded Kendry Morales in essence this means that Bourjous will stay with them, Trumbo will DH and Trout and Hamilton will play LF and RF. Vernon Wells will twiddle his thumbs.

vCash
    I hear teams are interested in Parnell. Perhaps he can grab us an outfielder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I hear teams are interested in Parnell. Perhaps he can grab us an outfielder.
    If someone wanted Thole and Nickeas, all things are possible I suppose.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Mejia has a ton of potential but really hasn't shown much major league success. Plus, he's not a really young guy anymore at age 23. Still time for improvement, but he's not looking like a sure thing at all.

Borjous is like Ordonez in center, but with a better bat. His defense is superb. For someone who can be an effective hitter (not someone who will be the best in the lineup - that's what Wright/Ike/d'Arnaud are for) and a fantastic fielder is definitly worth a 23 year old hard throwing pitcher with control problems and more.

We don't need to only go after stars. Like I said, that's why we have Wright and d'Arnaud and Ike and Harvey and Wheeler... Look at 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. We were pretty much stacked, but didn't make the playoffs once.
    In 2009 and 2010 the offense was pretty BAD, and nothing to admire. In 2010, we actually had GREAT pitching (comparable to the Phillies ERA wise............and the Phillies had Roy Halladay), yet we were in 4th place and the Philles were in the playoffs. It was because our offense was BEYOND terrible that season, with hitters like Bourjos everywhere.

In 2007 and 2008 our offense was great, but our bullpen was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    The Giants on the other hand, have won 2 World Series' in 3 years, but they are a dominating powerhouse. They had guys like Pagan and Scutaro and Crawford support the offensive "stars" (Posey, Sandoval, Pence).

We need to build like the Giants. We have the potential to have great pitching and potential to have great hitting. Now we just need to harvest that and get players to build around them, such as Peter Borjous.
    Right now we don't have great hitting. You do realize that Wright will most likely decline in the next few years. Plus right now, he's not as good as Posey.

Out of Posey, Sandoval, and Pence, only David Wright is a better bat that Sandoval and Pence, but not Posey. Past Wright, our offense doesn't look too good.

We still don't know what Ike is going to turn out to be. I know his HR numbers look nice, but remember that he hit most of them in bunches. In between those bunches, he had streaks of being terrible (anyone remember his start and how they were talking about sending him down to the minors???).

d'Arnaud hasn't played a game so we can't say if his bat is good or not.

We're pretty weak offensively for the long run, and we need bats in the outfield in the long run.

Bourjos is a terrible hitter that will give us all headaches. UNLESS LF and RF are already filled with good bats that are up to Wright's level (or preferably better), we'd be wise to stay far away from Bourjos, who in my mind is overrated Chone Figgins style. Notice how the Angles can afford to have him. They have Hamilton and Trout in the corner outfield. That's the time you allow a player like Bourjos be your CFer. We're not in such a position. I never understood why some people love him (not only on these forums but on other forums too).
    Last edited by bootleg42; 12-20-2012 at 12:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Bourjos is a terrible hitter that will give us all headaches. UNLESS LF and RF are already filled with good bats that are up to Wright's level (or preferably better), we'd be wise to stay far away from Bourjos, who in my mind is overrated Chone Figgins style. Notice how the Angles can afford to have him. They have Hamilton and Trout in the corner outfield. That's the time you allow a player like Bourjos be your CFer. We're not in such a position. I never understood why some people love him (not only on these forums but on other forums too).
    He's one of the best defensive players in baseball. And his bat is pretty near to league average, it's not awful. Overall that makes him an above average regular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    He's one of the best defensive players in baseball. And his bat is pretty near to league average, it's not awful. Overall that makes him an above average regular.
    Pretty much. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    He'll cost too much though, and with Kendry Morales getting traded, the Angels won't trade him anyway.

End of discussion.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    Yep...hopefully he shows he can hit much better and then we can trade him for a real OFer
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213