Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 192
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    Duda is the worst OF in the league by a longshot. He doesn't have nearly enough power to offset his bumbling out there. I can't believe anybody would want this guy in their outfield. He's a disaster. He belongs at 1B or DHing for a crappy AL team. He's like a poor man's David Ortiz.
    I know, as I've said plenty of times. I'm saying give him at bats so he can prove himself, even if it means he has to play the outfield.

    If he does do well batting, shop him to a team that needs a first baseman or DH. But we would need to put him somewhere where he can play, and we all know it's not first. 2013 isn't a contending year, so his defense being bad could really only help us in the fact that we could get a high draft pick.

    My final point: Let him play anywhere on the field, just so he can get plate appearances. If he does well, look to trade him to a team in need of a 1B/DH. He will suck in the outfield, but he needs to play there in order for him to prove himself at the plate.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,309
    vCash
    1500
    If you haven't noticed, 1st baseman/DH don't have that much value unless they mash consistently. Duda has never mashed and probably never will mash. He doesn't have big league make-up or his skills aren't good enough.

    If you are another organization, are you giving up anything of worth for Duda? I wouldn't.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,763
    vCash
    1500
    Mash anywhere or in the majors?

    ...because Duda has a line of .301/.384/.564/.949 at AAA with 30 homers in less than 500 at bats.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mash anywhere or in the majors?

    ...because Duda has a line of .301/.384/.564/.949 at AAA with 30 homers in less than 500 at bats.
    Majors. Remember he sucked until 2010 anyway, so who knows what his real talent level is. He is way too inconsistent with the bat for a bat-only prospect limited to 1B/DH.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If you haven't noticed, 1st baseman/DH don't have that much value unless they mash consistently. Duda has never mashed and probably never will mash. He doesn't have big league make-up or his skills aren't good enough.

    If you are another organization, are you giving up anything of worth for Duda? I wouldn't.
    He has shown he can "mash" in 2011, and if he was given the chance that Ike was given in 2012, I'm sure his numbers would've been better.

    If I'm desperate for a power hitter or 1B and Duda is available after a good and productive 2013, I would definitly pursue him. The Mets could get back a young, solid prospect.

    It's worth a shot, since this team is not winning in 2013 anyways and Duda really has no future with this team (unless Ike really sucks/gets really hurt, which probably won't happen).

    I don't know why everybody has just kicked Duda to the curb. He had a sub-par year in 2012, but everyone was in love with him after his 2011 season. Why is it unrealistic to believe that he can't go back to what he did in 2011?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    He has shown he can "mash" in 2011, and if he was given the chance that Ike was given in 2012, I'm sure his numbers would've been better.

    If I'm desperate for a power hitter or 1B and Duda is available after a good and productive 2013, I would definitly pursue him. The Mets could get back a young, solid prospect.

    It's worth a shot, since this team is not winning in 2013 anyways and Duda really has no future with this team (unless Ike really sucks/gets really hurt, which probably won't happen).

    I don't know why everybody has just kicked Duda to the curb. He had a sub-par year in 2012, but everyone was in love with him after his 2011 season. Why is it unrealistic to believe that he can't go back to what he did in 2011?
    I said consistently. He had more AB in 2012 than 2011.

    He was given plenty of time to turn his season around, but he did nothing and eventually got sent down. The fact that you are assuming Duda having a good season is troublesome. He's not that good and his trade value won't be anything special. I wouldn't waste anymore time with him.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    All I'm saying is give him a chance. If he performs well, I think he's be more valuable on the trade market than Baxter would, in my opinion.

    If the Mets are looking for overall results in 2013, go with Baxter. I think Duda could rebound and have a solid season with the bat, though. I'm sure if he did, Sandy could ger a desperate team to give up some value for him.

    There is really no risk of putting Duda over Baxter in the outfield. The worst that could happen is Duda blows really and the Mets lose more often and get a higher draft pick.

    He really has no place on the Mets, I don't see him being here long. That's why I've said I wanted him to play so he could get traded. If he does well, try to get back some value. If not, just dump him or keep him on the bench for pinch hitting situations.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,309
    vCash
    1500
    There is no upside to playing Lucas Duda in the OF. None. Give me Baxter.

    Send Duda to Vagas and let him mash there. If someone wants him, they can have him.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Not even if he does well and is seen as someone who can play 1B/DH, hit for power, and improve since he's still young by an American League GM? The A's got Marte for Cowgill. Why wouldn't the Mets get something like that back for Duda?

    And how much more upside is there playing Baxter in the outfield?
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-18-2012 at 09:44 PM.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,562
    vCash
    1500
    Jesus Christ people, we have an 11+ page thread about Collin Cowgill.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Jesus Christ people, we have an 11+ page thread about Collin Cowgill.
    We stopped talking about him after like page 3 or 4. It's been mostly about Bourjos, Duda, etc.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,022
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Jesus Christ people, we have an 11+ page thread about Collin Cowgill.
    Oh, the Collins and the Cowgills should be friends....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_gl9zke9o
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,324
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Jesus Christ people, we have an 11+ page thread about Collin Cowgill.
    Pretty frightening......

    If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Jesus Christ people, we have an 11+ page thread about Collin Cowgill.
    And probably about 100 posts about Syngaard or Shinguard or whatever his name is.

    The Cubs board has more posts that the Mets board. Doesn't seem possible.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,562
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    And probably about 100 posts about Syngaard or Shinguard or whatever his name is.

    The Cubs board has more posts that the Mets board. Doesn't seem possible.
    Pretty sure we've been slowly catching up to them for a while now though.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •