Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    He sounds like a good all around ballplayer.

The roster needs an injection of those types, and less of the unidimensional guys.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I still wouldn't trade Gee. I like him in the rotation. I'd refrain from trading him if anything. We need more of a power bat anyways, I'd pass on gorgeous Borjous.
    I like Gee a lot actually. Tells you how much I like Bourjos.

We need great defense more than power.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

True. However, Bourjous isn't exactly the greatest hitter either. I like him but I don't know if I like him THAT much.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

You have guys who make up for their defense with offense and then you have guys who make up for their offense with defense. It's just that you have many more opportunities on offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bourjos is not...that...good. We don't need another offensively inept player on our team. Sure he is good defensively, but we won't need to give up Gee to get someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Bourjos is not...that...good. We don't need another offensively inept player on our team. Sure he is good defensively, but we won't need to give up Gee to get someone like that.
    How many offensively inept players do we have in our projected starting line-up? C-d'Arnaud, 1B-Davis, 2B-Murphy, SS-Tejada, LF-Duda, CF-Kirk, RF-Baxter

Why is Ruben Tejada an acceptable player in the big leagues? He plays solid defense at a premium position, SS. Bourjos plays a premium position in CF and plays it better than any major leaguer. His bat was above average in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    Duda should be traded to the Astros where he can hit everyday as a 1b/dh. Too bad they don't have anything worthwhile to send back.
    Astros have some specs, I doubt they'd be interested in trading them for Duda. It would be like the Mets trading specs for Duda.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    Lucas Duda reminds me of Dave Kingman no wait Duda makes Kingman look like a Hall of Famer
    It's a decent comparison, but I think Duda is worth more at the plate than Kingman was. Kingman's career OBP was .302. Duda could be a .340-.350 guy which makes up for the 10-15 extra home runs.

If Bourjos can replicate his 2011 season, he'd be a tremendous asset to any team that has him. He'll only be 26 next year. If he gets traded somewhere where he'll play, I predict a solid rebound (So does Ron Shandler, who has him pegged for 15 HR, 25 SB if he gets PT). Throw in tremendous D, and he's a winning player for whoever gets him.

Mejia or Familia for Bourjos would be a win for the Mets IMO.

Before this becomes a trend, stop calling him Darno lol. Either TDA or d'Arnaud.
    My reason for calling him Darno is to remember that's how it's pronounced. I have a nasty habit of reading it as De-ar-nod. Its a temporary fix
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    My reason for calling him Darno is to remember that's how it's pronounced. I have a nasty habit of reading it as De-ar-nod. Its a temporary fix
    I pronounced it like that, but still lol

Cowgill steamrolling Lincecum at the plate.

Yeah he does not give a ****, he's a hard-nosed 110% kind of player with all-around skills. Welcome addition, he scored from 2nd on that wild pitch.

Another big time move for this team, what's next Coco Crisp? Scott Hairston? Who knows the possibilities are endless!
    Mikhail Prokhorov

He's an Affordable Place Holder. Whether he'll be a productive one like Hairston or a stiff like Hu or Eamus remains to be seen.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast