Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    when are we going to get a real outfield?
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santana4Prez'08 View Post
    when are we going to get a real outfield?
    When you lay some human hair around it to keep the deer from eating the seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    When you lay some human hair around it to keep the deer from eating the seed.
    maybe on 12/21/12, when the world is about to end
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    I would still resign Hairston and dump Duda for some bullpen help.

vCash
    Lets try and get Ethiet from the Dodgers, heard they wanna move him.

vCash

I like CoCo

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    The only thing that bugs me is his name. I can't see anything else but cowgirl. Someone please come up with a better nickname. Anyone like CoCo? LoL
    Coco is good, we have to keep calling him that so it gets around. I think this CoCo move is a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    The only thing that bugs me is his name. I can't see anything else but cowgirl. Someone please come up with a better nickname. Anyone like CoCo? LoL
    Ok, the guy doesnt get a nickname at least until we see him in Spring Training. And even then, he doesnt get one until FoC nominates one for him.

CoCo could end up working. Cowgirl is an obvious choice too.

Other possibilities:

Calling Cow
    Colinco
    Lincoln (lol, that's as lame as it gets)
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think people fall in love with his 6'5 250 frame and thinking he will hit 30 home runs in a season at some point.

But like you mentioned his defense is so horrible that it negates whatever possible power he could have.

He doesnt belong on this team but he has no trade value either so the Mets will plug him out there next year and finally realize he won't materialize into the hitter they want him to be.
    Duda was primarily a first baseman in the minors, and played a little left field, so to just say he "is" horrible is unfair. He was horrible, but so was Murphy at 2nd early last season and by the end of the year he was okay there, that's what reps do for humans, we learn. Duda has 30+ homerun potential, and remember, he hit .292/.370/.482 in 301 abs in 2011 with a .852ops; that's why he should get another shot. A full year in left field. No more Duda bashing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If Duda is starting in 2014, bye Ike Davis. I can't take anymore Lucas Duda in the OF.

I reiterate that Baxter is 13 months older than Duda so there can't be a double standard here.
    Baxter has already established who he is in my opinion, what you see is what you get. Duda has upside, that is the difference. In other words, ideally you would want a corner outfielder who could hit 30+ hrs and drive in 100 or more. Baxter will never do that and we all know it. Duda may, that is the difference.
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 12-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    Baxter has already established who he is in my opinion, what you see is what you get. Duda has upside, that is the difference. In other words, ideally you would want a corner outfielder who could hit 30+ hrs and drive in 100 or more. Baxter will never do that and we all know it. Duda may, that is the difference.
    Baxter>>>Duda and it isn't even close when it comes to the OF. Duda's defense alone makes him one of the worst players we could possible put out in the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Baxter>>>Duda and it isn't even close when it comes to the OF. Duda's defense alone makes him one of the worst players we could possible put out in the OF.
    Pretty much. Duda will never be a useful outfielder. You NEED 25 HRs from him just to offset his atrocious defense. If you want to keep Duda (and win with him), you have to trade Davis and put Duda at 1B. Otherwise, he's just going to keep dragging your team down playing RF. What good is hitting 1 HR/week when you're giving up 2 runs a week in the field vs a replacement player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    They have Trout. They really have zero need for Bourjos. He's just a luxury at this point, they should look to deal him now instead of have him rot on the bench. They still need pitching.

If they don't want Montero, I'll give them Mejia if that's any better.
    Yeah and they have Trumbo in left as long as Morales is still on the team as the DH. Bourjos is actually a better fielding center fielder than Trout which is unbelieveable considering what I saw from Trout last season. Bourjos was brought in as a defensive replacement in center so they could move Trout to left and sit Trumbo late in games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Lets try and get Ethiet from the Dodgers, heard they wanna move him.
    They are so stupid. They just signed the guy like six months ago to an extension now they want to move him. They are just recklessly spending money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Yup, this is what I'm saying. And I don't know how Baxter is established when he's had less playing time than Duda. Baxter is a good all-around player which is why I suggest a Baxter/Cowgill platoon. It would be effective.

Duda blows as an outfielder and hasn't shown he can hit consistently in the big leagues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Yeah and they have Trumbo in left as long as Morales is still on the team as the DH. Bourjos is actually a better fielding center fielder than Trout which is unbelieveable considering what I saw from Trout last season. Bourjos was brought in as a defensive replacement in center so they could move Trout to left and sit Trumbo late in games.
    Yup Bourjos is better than Trout defensively, but its close.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast