Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    That's still 4th place. To get Bourjos, you'd have to trade a prospect that we'll need for our future. NO THANK YOU. Bourjos is nothing special.

It's all about 2015 and beyond. 2013 is to NOT BE IMPORTANT.

As long as we don't sacrifice 2014-2015 and beyond for a few extra wins in 2013, I'll be happy.
    I think he could be had for Mejia and a small prospect. I would definitly do that.

Borjous would be a very good complimentary piece to Wright, d'Arnaud, and Davis and can turn over the lineup nicely in the eight spot. Not to mention, he has great defense in center.

vCash
    That's still 4th place. To get Bourjos, you'd have to trade a prospect that we'll need for our future. NO THANK YOU. Bourjos is nothing special.

It's all about 2015 and beyond. 2013 is to NOT BE IMPORTANT.

As long as we don't sacrifice 2014-2015 and beyond for a few extra wins in 2013, I'll be happy.
    When Bourjos saves runs for our pitching staff over and over again you'll think otherwise.

We're going to need a good CF eventually, and they aren't easy to find. Bourjos is only 25 so he's apart of the future too.

vCash
    We just saw the market for an ace. Do you really think the market for a good defensive starting CFer is just Mejia?

He'd likely cost Syndergaard at the bare minimum. Bourjos will be expensive, that is why many postulated that he would be in a R.A. Dickey deal as the centerpiece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's going to be a bench outfielder for a long time most likely, and there is no reason for the Mets to get rid of him.
    I meant as a starter but yeah. He won't start for us after this year IMO.

So we got Brandon Hicks, Collin Cowgill, and Anthony Recker. All 3 of those guys played for the A's last year lol.
    Is Brandon Hicks the brother of Aaron Hicks the top prospect?

vCash

Mets acquire Collin Cowgill

The only thing that bugs me is his name. I can't see anything else but cowgirl. Someone please come up with a better nickname. Anyone like CoCo? LoL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    You tell me

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/B...Ml3fzI9JAl.jpg

http://baseballnewshound.com/wp-cont...7585731285.jpg

vCash
    More 's than hits in the last 2 seasons...

vCash
    I see a striking resemblance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I meant as a starter but yeah. He won't start for us after this year IMO.

I don't think he's going to start at all. He's like a platoon piece/late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner, etc.

And no lol.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Even if he ends up failing, it's not like we gave up anything of importance.

He'll be in the mix for an outfield spot, mainly because everyone else we have is stinkypoo. (wrote something mean, then cleaned it up kiddie style)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I think he could be had for Mejia and a small prospect. I would definitly do that.

Borjous would be a very good complimentary piece to Wright, d'Arnaud, and Davis and can turn over the lineup nicely in the eight spot. Not to mention, he has great defense in center.
    I'm not going to trade Mejia for an 8th hitter. I don't care if his glove is good. You'll all end up getting constant headaches once you see him hit. We need a sure impact bat. If we had established impact bats and CF was still a hole, then I would consider it. But we're not in that situation. So I'll pass on Bourjos.

I'd rather see what OFers are available after the 2014 season. I don't want Bourjos here if it means giving something up.

vCash
    I'm not going to trade Mejia for an 8th hitter. I don't care if his glove is good. You'll all end up getting constant headaches once you see him hit. We need a sure impact bat. If we had established impact bats and CF was still a hole, then I would consider it. But we're not in that situation. So I'll pass on Bourjos.

I'd rather see what OFers are available after the 2014 season. I don't want Bourjos here if it means giving something up.
    It doesn't matter if you care about his glove being good or not, because there are others out there who truly appreciate tremendous defense, especially at a premium position(like SS, CF, C)

His defense would go a long way in helping this organization win in the future because if you haven't noticed, Citi Field is a big ballpark, and we need outfielders that can cover ground out there. Great defense makes the pitching staff better, that is exactly what the Giants did in the WS with Pagan and Blanco out there.

It's not like his offense is terrible either, he had a very good season in 2011 hitting in a pitcher's ballpark(more than Citi) in Anaheim. OPS+ was 116, which is pretty nice.

vCash
    When Bourjos saves runs for our pitching staff over and over again you'll think otherwise.

We're going to need a good CF eventually, and they aren't easy to find. Bourjos is only 25 so he's apart of the future too.
    Exactly.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    Mets still can acquire Cody Ross. Ross in rf with platoon of Kirk/ Cowgil.
    Agreed -- I don't think Sandy is done. Not much to not like about this deal.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    I like the move, but at some point we have to acquire a legitimate starting OFer right?

How many 4th OFers will we have on opening day lol?
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast