Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He reminds me of Cody Ross with less power. Very similar hard-nosed players. Both profile best in a corner OF spot, but can play a little CF here and there which is nice.
    I'd agree with that. Ross didn't actually start displaying his abilities at the ML level until he was 25/26, so hopefully the same can be said about Cowgill. Ross and Cowgill actually have pretty comparable stats in the minors except Ross was a bit younger because he signed out of HS as opposed to Cowgill who came out of college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    I just think it would have been smarter to kick the tires on Bourjos or Riggiano first
    I would do more then kick the tires on Bourjos. I think he needs to be the Mets top priority. With Bourjos in Center and Kirk/Cowgill platoon in right you may be able to live with Duda defensively in right.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Well this answers my question from a couple of days ago about what ever happened to Jeffry Marte.

Hope this Cowgill guy is decent. Still want another OF who is better though.
    #21ShumpStreet

New York Giants- New York Mets- Arsenal FC- Duke Basketball- New York Knicks

vCash
    Nice swing in that video. Same stance/swing as Wright. Could be ok if he can bring his AA production to the majors.

vCash
    Cowgill was ranked 10th in the Oakland system prior to the season by Sickels. That is a huge get for Marte who doesn't come close in our rankings.

vCash
    Will Lagares be given any a chance to be on the roster at some point this season?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    It's definitely the type of move I wanted the Mets to make. This guy won't be here for too long. He's a good stopgap at the very least.

It shows we are definitely going all in next offseason. Since we are not making the long-term signings to give us space for them next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    It's definitely the type of move I wanted the Mets to make. This guy won't be here for too long. He's a good stopgap at the very least.

It shows we are definitely going all in next offseason. Since we are not making the long-term signings to give us space for them next year
    He's going to be a bench outfielder for a long time most likely, and there is no reason for the Mets to get rid of him.

vCash
    If he pans out he could be our Victorino. Solid avg, gap power and speed.

vCash
    I'd rather him in the lineup than Bay...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    I'd rather him in the lineup than Bay...
    I'd rather have a bag of dog poop in the lineup than Bay.
    #21ShumpStreet

New York Giants- New York Mets- Arsenal FC- Duke Basketball- New York Knicks

vCash

Mets acquire Collin Cowgill

Decent get. Nothing to jump for joy. I still would like to see another real outfielder come in. Like the fact that he can play all outfield positions.

vCash
    Traded our Dickey for a Cowgirl. What a series of events...

In all seriousness, I like this deal. It's good to see the front office really taking this "rebuilding with young talent thing" seriously and getting players who can help in a year or two and players for the far future (3, 4, 5 years).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I would do more then kick the tires on Bourjos. I think he needs to be the Mets top priority. With Bourjos in Center and Kirk/Cowgill platoon in right you may be able to live with Duda defensively in right.
    That's still 4th place. To get Bourjos, you'd have to trade a prospect that we'll need for our future. NO THANK YOU. Bourjos is nothing special.

It's all about 2015 and beyond. 2013 is to NOT BE IMPORTANT.

As long as we don't sacrifice 2014-2015 and beyond for a few extra wins in 2013, I'll be happy.

vCash
    So we got Brandon Hicks, Collin Cowgill, and Anthony Recker. All 3 of those guys played for the A's last year lol.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast