Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good trade. Marte was a non factor. Atleast this guy can play in the majors.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash

Mets acquire Collin Cowgill

Mets still can acquire Cody Ross. Ross in rf with platoon of Kirk/ Cowgil.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    I really don't want Duda playing everyday.

vCash
    Solid arm in RF for a putout: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/vid...74289&c_id=mlb

He's not Lucas Duda, he has some range in RF: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/vid...17145&c_id=mlb

An idea of what his HR stroke is like: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/vid...52275&c_id=mlb

He'll be a solid defender in RF, and hopefully getting some starting time will re-kindle that guy who was a top prospect in Arizona. It's a good gamble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Why?
    Hmm well its not that I think its a bad trade, I just think it's a lateral move that doesn't improve us, so I'd rather keep the younger player in Marte.

To continue with the Moneyball theme, "if he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit?"

About half a season in the MLB now with an OPS of .631. Coming from a player that probably isn't good enough defensively to play CF, that's a problem.

Granted this is a very small sample size, but he did not hit well in the minors last season either, .685 OPS at age 26 in the PCL. What concerns me is in his jump to AAA there was a huge regression in his BB/K ratio. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle, platoon him on the corners with spot time in CF against lefties and see if he can go back to what made him a good hitter (who also provides solid defense).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Solid arm in RF for a putout: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/vid...74289&c_id=mlb

He's not Lucas Duda, he has some range in RF: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/vid...17145&c_id=mlb

An idea of what his HR stroke is like: http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/vid...52275&c_id=mlb

He'll be a solid defender in RF, and hopefully getting some starting time will re-kindle that guy who was a top prospect in Arizona. It's a good gamble.
    I did the exact same thing and watched the same videos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    Hmm well its not that I think its a bad trade, I just think it's a lateral move that doesn't improve us, so I'd rather keep the younger player in Marte.

To continue with the Moneyball theme, "if he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit?"

About half a season in the MLB now with an OPS of .631. Coming from a player that probably isn't good enough defensively to play CF, that's a problem.

Granted this is a very small sample size, but he did not hit well in the minors last season either, .685 OPS at age 26 in the PCL. What concerns me is in his jump to AAA there was a huge regression in his BB/K ratio. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle, platoon him on the corners with spot time in CF against lefties and see if he can go back to what made him a good hitter (who also provides solid defense).
    He's had 198 AB in the big leagues. That is not enough to draw any conclusions. Hard to say it's a lateral move when he does indeed improve us vs. LHP and on defense.

He's probably an average CF or slightly below, but is a plus defender in a corner.

vCash
    I'm looking at this guy in RF, not CF. He can play some CF, but this guy is a RF if we want to use him best.

vCash
    He's had 198 AB in the big leagues. That is not enough to draw any conclusions. Hard to say it's a lateral move when he does indeed improve us vs. LHP and on defense.

He's probably an average CF or slightly below, but is a plus defender in a corner.
    My only point is that his hitting is trending downward. I'm all for adding defense to this team as I have stated over and over I think this is where Alderson has failed us this offseason, but I think defense should be added in CF, since we have guys who could fill in on the corners (Kirk, Baxter, and I have faith in Valdy).
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    I'm looking at this guy in RF, not CF. He can play some CF, but this guy is a RF if we want to use him best.
    He reminds me of Cody Ross with less power. Very similar hard-nosed players. Both profile best in a corner OF spot, but can play a little CF here and there which is nice.

vCash
    My only point is that his hitting is trending downward. I'm all for adding defense to this team as I have stated over and over I think this is where Alderson has failed us this offseason, but I think defense should be added in CF, since we have guys who could fill in on the corners (Kirk, Baxter, and I have faith in Valdy).
    All those guys you list are LHB. We needed a RHB and got one who is under control for a while.

vCash
    I really don't want Duda playing everyday.
    I like Duda everyday if we can't get a power guy. We need some home runs out of this OF. and Duda presents the best option. 20+ homer potential is all we ask for lol
    #oneatatime

vCash
    All those guys you list are LHB. We needed a RHB and got one who is under control for a while.
    I just think it would have been smarter to kick the tires on Bourjos or Riggiano first

vCash
    I like Duda everyday if we can't get a power guy. We need some home runs out of this OF. and Duda presents the best option. 20+ homer potential is all we ask for lol
    He is sooooo bad in the OF, anything he does with the bat is almost negated.

vCash
    I just think it would have been smarter to kick the tires on Bourjos or Riggiano first
    This doesn't prevent us from getting anyone else. We needed a guy like him badly the way our team is constructed.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast