Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Baseball's 5 most and least improved teams

The five least-improved teams
    5 New York Mets
    Let's just say there was massive competition for the final spot on this list. Among the teams that got multiple votes: the Rockies, Brewers, Mariners and Yankees. But the Mets sneaked in here, even though they got rave reviews for the return they got in the R.A. Dickey deal.

"If you're asking are they going to be improved down the road, I'd say yes," said one AL executive. "But if you're asking are they improved next year, the answer is obviously no. I mean, you've lost your No. 1 starter, a guy who won the Cy Young Award. The bullpen looks kind of shaky right now. They haven't re-signed [Scott] Hairston, so what's their outfield? And I'll go back to this: You're taking away your No. 1 [starter], a guy who really impacts your club. That's a big hit."

Maybe, in seven weeks, we'll have a different feeling about all of this. But that's a discussion for another day. For now, that'll do it for our offseason halftime show. Now back to the hot-stove action!
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove12/st...improved-teams

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash

Yes in 2013 it looks bad for the Mets.

vCash
    It may look bad, but it will be fun to watch.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    I love watching a young promising team. I can't wait.

It's so much better than watching underachieving, over paid losers.

vCash
    Yes, generally teams don't improve when they trade away the reigning Cy Young winner and don't have any other key major league acquisitions.

Will the Mets be improved in 2014-2015? Absolutely, yes. The are building a framework.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    The first half will be interesting, but once they fall out of it, the only thing to watch will be Wheeler.

Hoping things work out, and we can stay on the hunt until after the all star break

vCash
    I think they can match last year, maybe break even. 75-81 wins.

vCash
    All this is as of Dec. 20. Still way too early in the off season to make any judgement. Need to see if Sandy addresses the outfield further, which starter(s) he signs, what he does to shore up the pen, and if he pulls another rabbit out of his hat with a trade.

Still, even if he doesn't do much more, it should be an enjoyable team to watch. And we'll have to see if he can unload Santana at the deadline for another haul of prospects. Not a Dickey-like deal, of course, but if Johan has a good first half and we pick up some salary, we could get a couple of decent kids.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    The first half will be interesting, but once they fall out of it, the only thing to watch will be Wheeler.

Hoping things work out, and we can stay on the hunt until after the all star break
    Yep, I expect Ike and Kirk to break out though.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Yep, I expect Ike and Kirk to break out though.
    I think Ike has technically "broken out" to some degree. I just want to see the guy have a consistent season where he hits 35 homers plays a great 1B and does better against lefties.

vCash
    If the Mets ended up with 66 wins we would definitely have a protected pick.
    The problem with that, the Mets will try to hard to prevent that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    If the Mets ended up with 66 wins we would definitely have a protected pick.
    The problem with that, the Mets will try to hard to prevent that.
    That would be fantastic because then the Mets could sign Aaron Hill, Martin Prado, and Corey Hart without losing a pick.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    2013 = 70 wins coming up.

Going on 27 consecutive years without a WS Championship......

I hate losing. Period.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash

Yeah I can't see the Mets winning more than 74 games with this roster. They would have to have similar two out production like they did last year to stand a chance and as we saw that is just unsustainable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah I can't see the Mets winning more than 74 games with this roster. They would have to have similar two out production like they did last year to stand a chance and as we saw that is just unsustainable.
    Unless TDA has beast rookie season, Ike plays like he did in the 2nd half all year, Murphy and Duda go back to their 2011 versions, Kirk sticks in CF, Wright plays like an MVP candidate again, our whole rotation steps up, and the bullpen pitches like 2006. Should be easy lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast