Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Bishop FOC you might know the answer to this. Robert Allen doesn't have a pitbull does he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    Bishop FOC you might know the answer to this. Robert Allen doesn't have a pitbull does he?
    Not to my knowledge. Apparently he's more fond of rabbits:

http://tedquarters.net/images/r-a-di...rs-characters/
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Bishop, with your obvious divine power, where do you see these Blue Jays at the end of 162? And will Dickey lead this group to the proverbial promise land?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Bishop, with your obvious divine power, where do you see these Blue Jays at the end of 162? And will Dickey lead this group to the proverbial promise land?
    Alas, I have no divine powers. I am merely an observer, not a Prophet. Regarding the Blue Jays, I'm always skeptical when a team brings in a lot of expensive talent quickly.

That said, I like your pieces, especially your pitching. How everyone plays together will remain to be seen.

Maybe this will be your year. I sure as heck like your ace
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I thought that whom ever accepts the calling as the new Bishop of the church of Dickey would appreciate knowing this about him. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...bout-ra-dickey

The striking part is the sexual abuse at 8yrs old. He must be very well grounded to keep on persevering.

vCash
    I thought that whom ever accepts the calling as the new Bishop of the church of Dickey would appreciate knowing this about him. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...bout-ra-dickey

The striking part is the sexual abuse at 8yrs old. He must be very well grounded to keep on persevering.
    His is truly a remarkable story. I urge everyone in this forum to read his book "Wherever I Wind Up: My Quest for Truth, Authenticity and the Perfect Knuckleball ."

http://www.amazon.com/Wherever-Wind-.../dp/0399158154

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    His is truly a remarkable story. I urge everyone in this forum to read his book "Wherever I Wind Up: My Quest for Truth, Authenticity and the Perfect Knuckleball ."

http://www.amazon.com/Wherever-Wind-.../dp/0399158154
    Just looked up the reviews, it seems he is not only a good pitcher but an even better person. I know I'll read it. This guy deserves a WS MVP to complete an epic rise from the ashes, here or anywhere.

I'm beginning to see why you devote so much time to this athlete.

As an aside, the only person that he says something negative about.....Alex Rodriguez (for throwing first MLB game ball into the stands)....its clear this guy is a douche bag and the baseball Gods will frown upon him even if the financial Gods don't

vCash
    Just looked up the reviews, it seems he is not only a good pitcher but an even better person. I know I'll read it. This guy deserves a WS MVP to complete an epic rise from the ashes, here or anywhere.

I'm beginning to see why you devote so much time to this athlete.

As an aside, the only person that he says something negative about.....Alex Rodriguez (for throwing first MLB game ball into the stands)....its clear this guy is a douche bag and the baseball Gods will frown upon him even if the financial Gods don't
    I've been obsessed with my beloved NY ever Mets since I was 8 years old. I followed a young Tom Seaver nearly from the onset of his Hall of Fame career. I witnessed many incredible events first-hand. I was at Shea Stadium when the ball trickled through Bill Buckner's legs to conclude the most improbable of World Series wins, Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.

But I have to say with all sincerity that my favorite Met of them all has to be RA Dickey. My deepest regret will always be that his time in the Blue and Orange pinstripes was far too short.

For this reason, I will be keeping a close eye on your Toronto Blue Jays this upcoming year. Please understand that I mean no disrespect when I say I will never, ever call myself a Toronto Blue Jays fan. My love for the New York Mets is just too deep and strong for that to ever happen.

That said, I would be honored to hold the title Acting Bishop of the C of D if you and your brethren will have me. When the time comes for a New Bishop of the C of D to be nominated and anointed, I will be glad to step down.

Best,

FoC
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 12-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    I've been obsessed with my beloved NY ever Mets since I was 8 years old. I followed a young Tom Seaver nearly from the onset of his Hall of Fame career. I witnessed many incredible events first-hand. I was at Shea Stadium when the ball trickled through Bill Buckner's legs to conclude the most improbable of World Series wins, Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.

But I have to say with all sincerity that my favorite Met of them all has to be RA Dickey. My deepest regret will always be that his time in the Blue and Orange pinstripes was far too short.

For this reason, I will be keeping a close eye on your Toronto Blue Jays this upcoming year. Please understand that it is with no disrespect that I will never, ever call myself a Toronto Blue Jays fan. My love for the New York Mets is just too deep and strong for that to ever happen.

That said, I would be honored to hold the title Acting Bishop of the C of D if you and your brethren will have me. When the time comes for a New Bishop of the C of D to be nominated and anointed, I will be glad to step down.

Best,

FoC
    Well you definitely have my vote.

vCash
    I think this belongs here to display the power of Robert Allen

http://i.imgur.com/MbYee.gif
    Last edited by Bob_at_york; 12-22-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Don't post pictures

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Josssh008 View Post
    I think this belongs here to display the power of Robert Allen

What an amazing graphic!!!!!

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Had to bump this thread. I think it should be a sticky.

I was going over Robert Allen's game logs the past few years. He has no problem with facing the Yanks or teams in the AL East. 2/3 again NYY, Shut outs agiant the Rays and O's. He'll fit right in.

He can't figure the Braves out...maybe too close to home?
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    What an amazing graphic!!!!!
    It really is. Is it just me, or did that thing move two different directions?

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It really is. Is it just me, or did that thing move two different directions?
    2 and a half.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Had to bump this thread. I think it should be a sticky.

I was going over Robert Allen's game logs the past few years. He has no problem with facing the Yanks or teams in the AL East. 2/3 again NYY, Shut outs agiant the Rays and O's. He'll fit right in.

He can't figure the Braves out...maybe too close to home?
    Not sure what the deal is against the Braves. Part of it might be the weather. His knuckler doesn't do well in the rain or bad weather and i just think that for whatever reason, he had back luck with the weather against the Braves.

But sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. Although he'll always be my Lord and Savior, sometimes he's human and his knuckler doesn't dance like it should. But even then he still manages to figure it out.

Don't worry about which teams he'll do well against. It really doesnt matter a heck of a lot who's hitting against him. That 80 MPH knuckler is just sick!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast