Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500

    RA Dickey Press Conference at 4pm

    http://blogs.thescore.com/djf/2013/0...th/#more-12010

    @MikeCormack
    Sportsnet.ca will be streaming R.A. Dickey's T.O. press conference tomorrow at 4 p.m. ET. I'll tweet link when it's ready. #bluejays
    No link, but the local media just received word from the Jays that RA Dickey will be in town and made available in a news conference tomorrow afternoon, alongside Alex Anthopoulos. So… expect a lot of stuff about that.
    When more info is given i will be sure to post it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TO
    Posts
    9,505
    vCash
    1500
    Is there gonna be one for the rest of the guys?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,809
    vCash
    1500
    Funny that's it's happening 2 weeks after the fact.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Is there gonna be one for the rest of the guys?
    Not sure as it would be hard to get all four guys together (Reyes, Johnson, Buehrle, and Bonifacio) in Toronto as i am sure they are in different countries/cities. I doubt they will be in Toronto all at the same time before ST. The logistics will be difficult.

    So i would say a press conference is unlikely. Where Dickey is the only main piece in his deal so it would be easy for the Jays to have a presser as he is the only one that is needed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    Not sure as it would be hard to get all four guys together (Reyes, Johnson, Buehrle, and Bonifacio) in Toronto as i am sure they are in different countries/cities. I doubt they will be in Toronto all at the same time before ST. The logistics will be difficult.

    So i would say a press conference is unlikely. Where Dickey is the only main piece in his deal so it would be easy for the Jays to have a presser as he is the only one that is needed.
    If it was NY or Boston, they would have been there the next day.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    I want some Melky.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Funny that's it's happening 2 weeks after the fact.
    well im sure they didnt want to do it through the holidays

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    well im sure they didnt want to do it through the holidays
    That and probably the school shooting had something to do with the timing as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    If it was NY or Boston, they would have been there the next day.
    I wont argue that there are similarities between the markets in Boston and New York in relation to Toronto. But is seems like an illogical statement to make.

    I dont think there had been a precedent where the Yankees or Red Sox acquired 4 or 5 all-stars at a time in the off-season where they all where in the same country ready to be at the same press conference. A deal of this magnitude has never been done in the off-season. Free agents or players on the trading block on the other hand knew that they could be on the move making it more likely from them to stay in the country and be ready to make decisions about their new cities and be present for a press conference (i.e Crawford, Gonzalez and Lackey in Boston).

    Reyes and Buehrle were promised that they were not going to be dealt as they signed last off-season. So as a result Buehrle was on a hunting trip and Reyes was in India; regardless of the team they were traded to i doubt those guys were around to have a press conference. Plus i am sure Buehrle has yet to make a decision on what he is going to do with his dogs and living in Toronto. Plus all of these guys will probably have more issues getting settled in as they are going to be calling Canada home for their first time. Not sure what they need but citizenship and work visas may need to be sorted out. That is compounded as 4 different guys will be completing this during 4 different time spans thus making it harder for them to come together.

    Dickey is different as he is one guy and he is only visiting. He will likely sort out his permanent residence later this month or next.

    Players wont schedule their off-season around a press conference.

    I wont lose sleep over the fact that there is no press conference or the idea that there might not be one. I put value in what they do for the Jays in season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,208
    vCash
    1500
    jp arencibia ‏@jparencibia9
    Picked up this new glove today?? Already at work with the one people know as @RADickey43 #LetsGetIt pic.twitter.com/X1cgJxCJ
    I know a lot of Jays fans dislike him, but you got to like his commitment.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I know a lot of Jays fans dislike him, but you got to like his commitment.
    Agreed.

    He has been a very vocal member and persistent about staying a Jay. He provides some value and continues to improve. With D'Arnaud gone i have no problem if he was our starting catcher for the foreseeable future. You cant have elite players at every position; JPA is average but makes up for it with his great attitude and hard work. Many forget or dont know that Borders was only a 0.5 WAR player in 1992 and a negative WAR (-0.3) in 1993. Arencibia is a lot better than that (1.0 WAR in 2011 and 1.4 in 2012). He can help the team win.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    Agreed.

    He has been a very vocal member and persistent about staying a Jay. He provides some value and continues to improve. With D'Arnaud gone i have no problem if he was our starting catcher for the foreseeable future. You cant have elite players at every position; JPA is average but makes up for it with his great attitude and hard work. Many forget or dont know that Borders was only a 0.5 WAR player in 1992 and a negative WAR (-0.3) in 1993. Arencibia is a lot better than that (1.0 WAR in 2011 and 1.4 in 2012). He can help the team win.
    Seriously I don't care if he bats .230 again as long as he does not let any knuckle balls past him, protects home plate and don't let any one steal bases I'm good with him behind the plate. His avg. stolen base against was .700 last year now with the knuckler I'm pretty sure other teams will try to take advantage. Hitting I got no issues since we got a good line up for that. I do really hope his fealding will get a little better which I'm sure he's working on.

    Im exited to see R.A. on a jays uni tomorrow, I hope we get to see the other players in a Q.A. soon as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P.I. View Post
    Seriously I don't care if he bats .230 again as long as he does not let any knuckle balls past him, protects home plate and don't let any one steal bases I'm good with him behind the plate. His avg. stolen base against was .700 last year now with the knuckler I'm pretty sure other teams will try to take advantage. Hitting I got no issues since we got a good line up for that. I do really hope his fealding will get a little better which I'm sure he's working on.

    Im exited to see R.A. on a jays uni tomorrow, I hope we get to see the other players in a Q.A. soon as well.
    Thats a little much to ask. Thole, if I'm not mistaken lead the league in passed balls.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,809
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    Agreed.

    He has been a very vocal member and persistent about staying a Jay. He provides some value and continues to improve. With D'Arnaud gone i have no problem if he was our starting catcher for the foreseeable future. You cant have elite players at every position; JPA is average but makes up for it with his great attitude and hard work. Many forget or dont know that Borders was only a 0.5 WAR player in 1992 and a negative WAR (-0.3) in 1993. Arencibia is a lot better than that (1.0 WAR in 2011 and 1.4 in 2012). He can help the team win.
    You hit the nail here. He's now our catcher and I don't have a big problem with that. He could break out 1 year also.

    The thing with JPA...is he's got power. His 18HRs came on only 350 ABs. If he can get the avg up and learn to take a walk...he's be very good. Maybe when Lind gets released he takes over some DH ABs.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,622
    vCash
    1500
    Good news. The Blow Sox are having trouble signing Mike Napoli. That means he is still an UFA? I think we should make a push for him if possible. Better chance to win a WS in Toronto than Blowston.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •