Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Geno acts like a punk and isn't worth the cost of trading up for IMO. He completely threw in the towel in several games this season, looked like garbage in his Bowl game, but goes around beating his chest after every play.

I'd wait til the 2nd round.

vCash
    I just don't feel that geno is the guy... I almost feel that he is getting hype because the media wants to have that #1 guy... I agree though to wait... Our defense was terrible and a solid lb would go a much longer way that geno smith

vCash
    I also do not think Geno Smith is the guy for us. At this point, I would prefer to pass on any QBs early this year, and try to get Aaron Murray/Terry Bridgewater/Logan Thomas (as long as Thomas shows improvement) next year.

vCash
    Josh Freeman is still my preferred choice. Bucs will end up dealing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Josh Freeman is still my preferred choice. Bucs will end up dealing him.
    If we could ge Freeman we would ball next year!!!

vCash
    Freeman would be solid, but I don't see the Bucs trading him. I don't think they would draft anyone this year and have them start immediately. The only way I see them trading him is if they sign Alex Smith.

vCash
    I'd like to look at Flynn… Don't give up too much. I'd look at Smith as well. Draft a guy too. We need to find the QB of the future. Leave no stone unturned.
    If you're a male and over the age of 12 and you make use of emoticons, you lose all credibility.

vCash
    I really hope that we don't get side tracked with Alex Smith. My view on him is he is simply a game manager and not a game changer. We need to draft a qb and start from scratch. I am tired of the retreads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    I really hope that we don't get side tracked with Alex Smith. My view on him is he is simply a game manager and not a game changer. We need to draft a qb and start from scratch. I am tired of the retreads.
    Agreed. Hopefully az, jax, or kc signs him and defers one more qb to Buffalo in the draft. Ditto for vick/flynn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    To be completely honest, IF, and it's a big IF, these coaches realize the workhorses and animals they have in the run game (Spiller and Jackson), then a game manager would be fine. Alex Smith was just that with Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter etc and it worked. Just saying.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcre View Post
    I'd like to look at Flynnů Don't give up too much. I'd look at Smith as well. Draft a guy too. We need to find the QB of the future. Leave no stone unturned.
    So you want the Bills to get another backup QB to start for us? he couldent even beat out a rookie for the starting job in Seattle, given that rookie ended up being very good, but still Flynn is unproven besides one good game with Greenbay. Freeman is the only veteran qb i would be interested at this point due to the fact that he still has alot of upside. Other than Freeman I think we need to look to the draft for our starting QB and if it doesent pan out we gotta just keep on trying next draft. We will never win without a solid QB at the helm. Also why hasent Tavaris Jackson been mentioned he has the tools to be a good qb in this league, he was solid with Seattle before Wilson came into town, perhaps he could be a good backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodmesche View Post
    So you want the Bills to get another backup QB to start for us? he couldent even beat out a rookie for the starting job in Seattle, given that rookie ended up being very good, but still Flynn is unproven besides one good game with Greenbay. Freeman is the only veteran qb i would be interested at this point due to the fact that he still has alot of upside. Other than Freeman I think we need to look to the draft for our starting QB and if it doesent pan out we gotta just keep on trying next draft. We will never win without a solid QB at the helm. Also why hasent Tavaris Jackson been mentioned he has the tools to be a good qb in this league, he was solid with Seattle before Wilson came into town, perhaps he could be a good backup.

To be fair, I want the Bills to leave no stone unturned when it comes to the QB search. For a fair price, I'd take a look at Flynn. I also want them to draft a QB. Fact is, the QB's in this draft are a far cry from last year… But, maybe one of them will be something. You never know what will happen, that's why they need to go all out.

Also, like you said, he got beat out by a pretty good QB. Really no shame in that. It's not like he's looked bad. He's not my first choice, problem is, there's no first choice this year.

I see people keep talking about Freeman. I'm not sure why. I still find it hard to believe he's going anywhere. Why would TB trade him with no one set to take over? Plus, if he's so good, why would they get rid of him?
    If you're a male and over the age of 12 and you make use of emoticons, you lose all credibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodmesche View Post
    Using your logic, we shouldn't even take one second of a look at Tarvaris Jackson, because he was beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen.

I'd easily take a look at Matt Flynn. Hell, I'd bring in Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick and a rookie that we draft and have them duke it out until we find who is the best. Im with Marcre on this, we can't leave any stones unturned. Keep taking guys in until we find out who works. Seattle basically did that with Wilson and Flynn, and even San Fran did that with Smith and Kaepernick. Just keep going till you get one.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada26 View Post
    To be completely honest, IF, and it's a big IF, these coaches realize the workhorses and animals they have in the run game (Spiller and Jackson), then a game manager would be fine. Alex Smith was just that with Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter etc and it worked. Just saying.
    True but the San Fran defense afforded them the opportunity to have a game manager at qb. I would hate to have to depend on smith to lead a comeback when the running game can't be utilized to its full potential.

vCash
    Bills are my local team so i watch them i don't think you can find a team with worse QB play over the last 10 years then the Bills. They have not had a starting QB in forever. Fitz is done i think we can all agree on that but with little options out there i am affraid he will be behind centre come game 1. There are some out of the box guys out there but i don't see Buffalo going that route.

This team is close IMO to having a chance at a playoff spot but not when there QB costs them every game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast