Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What to do at the QB position this offseason?

Keep Fitz starting? I say no to this after the way we choked all season
    Draft a QB? I say yes to this, but who? We wont get Geno Smith unless we somehow are able to trade up and get him, but i could never see the Bills pulling off a smart move like that. So we need to reach for a qb or try and find a steal later on. One prospect I would love for the Bills to take a shot at is Collin Klein AKA Optimus Klein hes a pure winner and knows how to put a team on his back. He needs to work on his throwing mechanics but the size, athleticism, arm strength, and smarts are all there. What do you guys think we should do about the QB position????

vCash
    I like Aaron Murray from UGA. I mentioned this in another thread but we could see about gettin Kirk cousins from was. I don't think that there are any real free agent qb coming out to make a move is FA. There is always Alex smith who got pushed out of SF

vCash
    ^The thing about Aaron Murray to me is hes just so average when I watch him, he played well against Bama but idk there just doesn't seem to be anything special about him. Although I will say hes smart and has a very quick release I wouldn't be upset if we went that direction.
    Last edited by jrodmesche; 12-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.

vCash
    Assuming we are going to clean house effective new years eve, I think we need to start fresh. No more taking anyone's non-wanted garbage and trying to make that work, a la Fitz, Rob Johnson etc. Take a bunch of draft picks until you find one. If it means taking Barkley in the first (if we get the chance) and Murray in the 2nd (if we get the chance) then do it.

I don't mind Murray either. My opinion on him has changed of sorts. I used to think he was average, but understand that he plays in a conference that is built on running the ball and playing defense. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Murray. Im also a big Colin Klein fan....in college. Not so much in the pros. He's another Tim Tebow type, probably not as good as Tebow.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodmesche View Post
    ^The thing about Aaron Murray to me is hes just so average when I watch him, he played well against Bama but idk there just doesn't seem to be anything special about him. Although I will say hes smart and has a very quick release I wouldn't be upset if we went that direction.
    Christian Ponder 2.0

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I would like to see the Bills get rid of Fitz altogether and sign Michael Vick and move up in the draft to get the best QB available. Then in the preseason let the best QB win the job.

I know people are against Vick, but according to everyone who watches Philly play, he gets 2.5 seconds or less, for each snap, to throw the ball and make a decision. Thats why he has had so many turnovers. Put him behind are offensive line and we now have a QB that can throw the ball down the field or run down the field. With Vick, we will convert 75% more 3rd and 5's then we have ever converted in the past. He would be such a threat to run for the 5 for the first down, Johnson and our other WR's will be man to man down the field and completions down the field will be made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I would like to see the Bills get rid of Fitz altogether and sign Michael Vick and move up in the draft to get the best QB available. Then in the preseason let the best QB win the job.

I know people are against Vick, but according to everyone who watches Philly play, he gets 2.5 seconds or less, for each snap, to throw the ball and make a decision. Thats why he has had so many turnovers. Put him behind are offensive line and we now have a QB that can throw the ball down the field or run down the field. With Vick, we will convert 75% more 3rd and 5's then we have ever converted in the past. He would be such a threat to run for the 5 for the first down, Johnson and our other WR's will be man to man down the field and completions down the field will be made.
    I wouldent mind giving Vick a chance as long as we drafted a qb also!!

vCash
    Vick is worse than Fitz… Why would we want to do that?

vCash
    Vick would be a serious mistake. End of story.

vCash
    Vick is 100 x's better than Fitz. He can throw the deep pass and he can scramble and run for a first down. With Vick, Spiller will have 100 yards receiving every game, because the way the defenses will prepare, screen passes will leave Spiller wide open. Just look at McCoy's numbers in Philly over the past few years. McCoy would rush of 100 and have over 50 yards receiving every game. That is not because of how good McCoy is, those stats are a product of how defenses line up against Vick. This year, offensive line were all injured, with only 2 seconds of pass protection, McCoy's stats sucked.

Give us Vick, along with a decent offensive line, and Spiller, Stevie Johnson and Chandler will have carear years. When Phillys o-line was decent, Desean Jackson, McCoy and Celek became superstars. As Phillys o-line struggled, those three were invisible.

vCash
    This is how I feel about Vick.

If we keep Gailey and Nix, which I and probably all of you hope doesn't happen, then I'd go after Vick, because obviously they are in a win now (whatever that means to them, I don't know, because almost every coach has been in a win now, and done nothing). If we clean house, which many of us are expecting, then I want someone new. If you're starting with a new slate in the office and the sidelines, then do the same with the Q.

With that said, Im really not sure what Vick has left. He's taking such a beating over the last 2 years. I really don't know what he can contribute at this time.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    I have a feeling Alex smith will be here next year. Vick is an outside possibility. Neither makes me happy, but Wilson doesn't have the time to wait for a QB to develop.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Vick is and always wasoverrated. He can throw the deep ball, but he has struggles with accuracy in passing. He has lost a step in his running, plus he is injury prone. If Vick was that good he would still be the guy in Philly despite the oline troubles. Yet again this goes back to us picking up garbage in free agency and trying to win. We can grab a guy like smith to maybe get us through another year. Bottom line is we need to draft that franchise guy.... If there is one

vCash
    Rex Ryan is all over the newspapers in NYC saying he would love to have Vick on his team and rumors are Sanchez is getting trading. Please Buffalo, we dont want Sanchez.

Alex Smith would be an ok option to compete for a QB battle. He showed is in the playoffs that he can play smart and win a low scoring game and he showed us he can win a shoot out. Next year Smith will also be playing with a chip on his shoulder for being benched so that can work out in our favor.

Sadley, I just have no faith in our scouting department in drafting a good QB. When we pick in next year's draft, we will have a few QB's to choose from. Lets face it, our scouting department and GM, always seems to pick the wrong person. Even last year, even if we drafted Russell Wilson, There is no friggin way, that Chan and Nix benches Fitzpatrick and names Wilson the starter. That train of thought is why they both need to go. We can draft a future hall of famer in this years draft, but we will never know, because these dinasours coaching and running the team, will bench a rookie in favor of Fitz no matter what.

vCash
    Vick-Alex-Geno Smith-Aaron Murray? With Nix liking the sec I could see them drafting Murray. He is a loser, look at his record against top teams. Vick is to old with his best days behind him. Geno is a joke. Alex was good with Harbaugh but what about before that? I do feel they should take a page from the 49ers. SMASH MOUTH cold weather defensive football. Not this 4-5 wide, draws and screen CRAP. Move up in draft(What ever it takes) pick Manti Te'o. Defense WINS and he is the best mlb in a while. With our D-line we need a ball hawking stud in the middle. Then maybe look at Klien. He has shown some promise but I want to see him at the combine first. We need a strong armed guy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast