Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Syndergaard tweeted anti-gay slur

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2FQGTcET0
    An anti-gay slur was recently tweeted, and subsequently deleted, from a Twitter account belonging to one of the prospects the Mets acquired from Toronto for R.A. Dickey.

Righthanded pitcher Noah Syndergaard, 20, acquired along with catcher Travis d'Arnaud in the deal that sent the Cy Young Award winner to the Blue Jays, tweets from the account @Noahsyndergaard.

On Dec. 9, this tweet appeared from that account: "@DMarze89 nice crocs f*g lol"

The tweet no longer appears on the timeline for the account.

A Mets spokesman said that the team was looking into the matter. The full context of the tweet was not immediately clear; Syndergaard might be available on a conference call introducing him and d'Arnaud on Tuesday.

Syndergaard was a key piece in the Dickey trade, and was rated Toronto's top pitching prospect by Baseball America.

vCash
    Oh come on. Melodramatic crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Oh come on. Melodramatic crap.
    Agreed.

vCash
    We're all human! Why should an athlete be any different.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Syndergaard is an employee of the Mets. He is associated publicly with the Mets. Therefore the Mets will need to tell him to apologize. Or maybe because he was a BJ at the time, he gets a pass. I dunno.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-18-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    People should not use certain words because it just isn't a good idea. Syndergaard is an employee of the Mets. He is associated publicly with the Mets. Therefore the Mets will need to tell him to apologize.
    Noah said it before he was an employee of the Mets so he does not need to apologize for anything.

He should not have to apologize at all period, he just needs to know better moving forward, it was a small slip up.

vCash
    Hasn't anyone seen the South Park episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

vCash
    I so hope this is the reason they decided to include him in the trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Hasn't anyone seen the South Park episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Noah said it before he was an employee of the Mets so he does not need to apologize for anything.

He should not have to apologize at all period, he just needs to know better moving forward, it was a small slip up.
    Stop quoting before I finish editing my two-sentence posts multiple times for a half-hour.

John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Stop quoting before I finish editing my two-sentence posts multiple times for a half-hour.

Gotta be quicker. I try editing all my posts under 2 mins because I don't like seeing "edited by YoungStuna28"

vCash
    All the goodwill Martino built up with the fans by covering every minute of this trade is slowly dwindling away since it happened. It seems like he wasn't a fan of the trade after it happened. I get it, anti-gay slurs are anti-gay slurs, but this was a random @ that was most likely a) said in jest and b) said to a friend. He's also 20. I said a lot of stupid **** when I was 20.

Why is it that Bryce Harper got away with a lot of stupid, immature **** because he was young, but when someone mentioned Syndergaard's age to Martino it didn't matter because he was a "public figure that was old enough to vote and serve."

Mountain out of a mole hill
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    All the goodwill Martino built up with the fans by covering every minute of this trade is slowly dwindling away since it happened. It seems like he wasn't a fan of the trade after it happened. I get it, anti-gay slurs are anti-gay slurs, but this was a random @ that was most likely a) said in jest and b) said to a friend. He's also 20. I said a lot of stupid **** when I was 20.

Why is it that Bryce Harper got away with a lot of stupid, immature **** because he was young, but when someone mentioned Syndergaard's age to Martino it didn't matter because he was a "public figure that was old enough to vote and serve."

Mountain out of a mole hill
    Yeah I didn't even know he wrote the article at first, it was unnecessary.

As for Harper getting away with things, he doesn't play in NY so the media isn't going to be on him for everything.

vCash
    It shouldn't be a big deal, but he will need to apologize. Someone is going to ask about it, and he should just say he used a word he shouldn't have, it was something thoughtlessly said in jest, it doesn't reflect what's in his heart and he sincerely apologizes to anyone he offended, yada, yada....

And then it goes away.

vCash
    He shouldn't have to apologize. He said it to his friend talking about his ugly shoes. Who cares.

The only one who cares about "homophobic" terms and demands apologies are ReyesRulez.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast