Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero View Post
    With all due respect I really don't want Sanchez and I hope this trade is not in the cards. Sanchez will most likely be a free agent next year as I would be surprised if anyone is willing to take a $12 cap hit for a QB that has proven he is at the most a work in progress.

Rivers production has dropped the last two years but it is now clear to everyone that he had a awful O-line. Rivers is probably the least mobile QB in the league so couple that with a horrible O-line and you get what you got. That is why AJ and Norv are goners. All talk in SD is about rebuilding the line to help Rivers and our struggling run game.

Obviously it will be up to our new GM but I honestly do not see a Rivers Sanchez trade coming down the road. Manning is a great QB but we revamp our line and we will beat him just like we used to. Check Manning's passer rating against the Chargers all time (81.4). Manning does not scare us at all!
    I don't know who would want him lol. That's why I when I heard the report, I figured it would have to be the perfect storm of your new gm wants to blow it up and we offered a high price, so I wanted to get a chargers fan view. I do think you are right that if Rivers had a line and another WR, you guys would be fine on offense because I do think Matthews has some talent. I don't know much about your defense other than a couple guys are up there in age. And as a Jets fan who hates when we trade away our drafts, I know it would mortgage our future and I don't know if we'd be able to steal a trophy before we went back to sucking when everyone was old in 4 years.

I just like to discuss different scenarios and such. I actually got killed in my own forum for just having some fun with a trade Revis thread last year haha. Thanks for the informed response, I will probably make my way to the Seahawk and Niner threads to ask about Flynn and Smith as well. Those are the other names floating around. But I'll wait til they are out of the playoffs because I know their fans could careless about the offseason while their teams are still playing. Good luck to you guys this offseason. And please keep bashing the Raiders, can't stand them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    I don't know who would want him lol. That's why I when I heard the report, I figured it would have to be the perfect storm of your new gm wants to blow it up and we offered a high price, so I wanted to get a chargers fan view. I do think you are right that if Rivers had a line and another WR, you guys would be fine on offense because I do think Matthews has some talent. I don't know much about your defense other than a couple guys are up there in age. And as a Jets fan who hates when we trade away our drafts, I know it would mortgage our future and I don't know if we'd be able to steal a trophy before we went back to sucking when everyone was old in 4 years.

I just like to discuss different scenarios and such. I actually got killed in my own forum for just having some fun with a trade Revis thread last year haha. Thanks for the informed response, I will probably make my way to the Seahawk and Niner threads to ask about Flynn and Smith as well. Those are the other names floating around. But I'll wait til they are out of the playoffs because I know their fans could careless about the offseason while their teams are still playing. Good luck to you guys this offseason. And please keep bashing the Raiders, can't stand them!
    Flynn and Smith will definitely be shopped now. Flynn especially. He just got a nice new contract and will be the backup for some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    Don't mean to come in here and poke, but I'm looking for Charger's fans perspective. Jets management has supposedly already talked about trying to trade for Rivers.

As Chargers fans do you want him back? and I guess more importantly how do you feel about your roster as a whole? Do you feel you are a few changes away from beating Manning or would it be best to hit the reset button after a decade of dominating the west, so that you can reclaim your stranglehold when Manning retires?

As a Jets fan, I feel our QB has held us back and we have a core that with Rivers we could win ball games. While AJ screwed you guys with letting players go, our GM screwed us by overpaying to keep anyone he thought had talent. So we do have some things in place just not a QB.

That being said, I was wondering if you guys were open to trading Rivers how the following trade sounds. If you don't like it, please tell me what you think would be fair. I am about reality and not trying to screw anyone. I also know that for this to happen, you probably have to want to be more inclined to hitting reset on the franchise for a year. But anyway here it goes:

Rivers ($17.11 cap hit)

for

Mark Sanchez ($12.83 cap hit)
    #9 pick in the 2013 Draft
    Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 draft (upgrades to a first if the Jets have a winning season aka 9-7+)
    4th round pick in 2014

My basis for the trade was a combination of the Cutler and Palmer trades.
    -I went with an added 4th instead of 3rd because Rivers is 31 years of age versus Cutler being 25 at the time of the trade
    -I made the conditional 2nd round pick easier to upgrade to enhance the save face factor of trading away the franchise QB. For the Bengals to get a 2nd first, the Raiders had to make the divisional round of the playoffs. Here I am not even asking for the Jets to make the playoffs, just a winning season.

I know Sanchez blows, but if you were to trade with us, it is the only way the numbers would work. Even then, the trade is set up for the Chargers to save about $4.5 million in cap space. And you can walk away from Mark after 2013 and save another $8-9 million. You also would have a very good shot at Johnny Football in 2014 if he comes out with extra picks as trading ammo.

We won't get a shot at Johnny Football because with Revis coming back, I'd expect us to be 6-10 to 8-8 which won't be bad enough. And we don't have a trading chip for picks because the fans will kill our owner if he lets the GM even think about trading Revis. Plus he is coming off a major injury anyway, so what could we possibly get. (His contract expires after this season so we couldn't even use him in a trade in 2014).

So at the end of the day, you guys most likely walk away with $4.5 million in cap space, 2 first round picks, and a 4th. You will have 2 firsts in 2013 and 2014, which could help provide a solid youthful foundation to dominate the West once Manning retires. And we don't have to watch Revis, Mangold, D'brick, Harris, Cromartie, and Holmes who are age 28 rot while we play QB shuffle. I think it works out for both teams, please let me know what you think.

I would like to have a discussion, not a bashing. I think I was fair, seeing as I'm willing to potentially give up 2 first round picks for a guy who doesn't have his whole career still ahead of him like RG3 who fetched 3 first round picks. But if its not a fair offer, please explain why?

Thanks guys
    First things first, no way do I make that trade (Keep reading kids). To answer your question it is a fair trade even to the point where its hard to determine who is the real winner of the deal. In other words all trades should be of this quality and fairness.

However, Rivers is still arguably a top 5 QB regardless of what the blind critics are saying about his performance this year. No QB in the league would be able to perform beind a busch league line like the Chargers, without any real stand alone recievers (not to say the Chargers recievers are at fault). Anyway, its ill-advised to trade a top teir QB for any reason especially if you dont have a line or running game to help in the development of a young QB.

Furthermore, lets not forget our QB went through 2 postseason games on a torn ACL, the same injury that keeps most (if not all) other players sidelined. Heart like his is something that is almost non-existant in todays game and when all else fails it can and does win games.

vCash
    I heard you guys just got McCoy, I'm curious what do you guys think about that? Like/ dislike

vCash
    It's an okay signing. I think the main reason was to find somebody to coach the team and fix Philip Rivers. Norv did a find job breaking him the past 2 seasons.

vCash
    Whisenhunt was just hired as OC.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncogixxer View Post
    I heard you guys just got McCoy, I'm curious what do you guys think about that? Like/ dislike
    The guy has obviously done pretty well with Orton, Tebow and now Manning. If he brings more passion and discipline to our team than Turner (which will not be difficult) he will improve our team. We have been ready for a change for a while now so everyone is pumped just not sure of how McCoy will do as a Head Coach. I like what I have heard in his conferences.

What are your thoughts on the guy? as a Denver fan you are far more familiar with him than we are.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Whisenhunt was just hired as OC.
    Yes I Like! It just kind of sucks because if he does well he will get picked up for a HC positioning next year. If he doesn't do well, we get him again. Kind of a lose, lose. Looking forward to next year though!

vCash
    i would not trade anything for mark sanchez. i've watched him since his USC days, and the dude just isn't a big time NFL QB.

rivers was an all-pro, so there's a bit of hope there. sorry jets, i don't think anyone (even the cfl) would trade for the dirty sanchez.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123