Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Telesco is the new GM of the Chargers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-v...8838--nfl.html

What do you think?

My initial reaction is that the Colts have not drafted well, really. And this dude was passed over by the Colts themselves when they were looking for a GM.

On the other hand, his scouting background might be a great asset. He wasn't the one making the picks in Indy
    Last edited by gattaca; 01-10-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    There last 2 drafts were pretty good. Look for Bruce Arians to be hired to HC now.

vCash
    Honestly I don't know what to think of Tom Telesco. It could help us get Bruce Arians which is a plus.

vCash
    2-14 last year. Lost their franchise QB, both TEs, C, WR, and many others and made the playoffs. I'd say they drafted well. And the fact they could stay that high in the playoffs the past 10 years drafting so late speaks volumes.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-with-chargers

Here is a great interview on NFL network with Telesco. At first he looks like a deer in the headlights but he is saying all the right things. He sounds like he is football minding and is talking about bringing in a head coach that can develop players if we are going to be a draft driven team. Talked about getting players that the coach needs for their scheme.

I really liked what I heard... Get em Tommy!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-v...8838--nfl.html

What do you think?

My initial reaction is that the Colts have not drafted well, really. And this dude was passed over by the Colts themselves when they were looking for a GM.

On the other hand, his scouting background might be a great asset. He wasn't the one making the picks in Indy
    Indy hasn't drafted well because Bill and Chris Polian are moronic.

You guys will love Telesco.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    If he hires a retread as HC, he'll hear the wrath from the fans.

vCash
    Mike McCoy is a decent signing. The fact he was successful with both Tebow and Manning speaks volumes. He should be able to tune the offense to fit Rivers strengths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Mike McCoy is a decent signing. The fact he was successful with both Tebow and Manning speaks volumes. He should be able to tune the offense to fit Rivers strengths.
    Agreed! Remember Kyle Orton... He played horribly in Chicago and came to Denver under McCoy and increased greatly. Kyle Orton had a QB rating of 66.9 in his last year in Chicago and improved to 86.8 under McCoy in his first year in Denver. The next year he passed for over 3,500 yards had 20 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

The guy knows how to maximize talent and that is a breath of fresh air here in SD. Lets go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Agreed! Remember Kyle Orton... He played horribly in Chicago and came to Denver under McCoy and increased greatly. Kyle Orton had a QB rating of 66.9 in his last year in Chicago and improved to 86.8 under McCoy in his first year in Denver. The next year he passed for over 3,500 yards had 20 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

The guy knows how to maximize talent and that is a breath of fresh air here in SD. Lets go!

vCash
    i like the coaching changes we've seen thus far under telesco. whiz was an absolute STEAL as an OC. mccoy is a great offensive mind who made kyle orton look like terry bradshaw. and perhaps the biggest move was the no-move: keeping pagano. he earned it after last year's improvement on D.

can't wait to see what we do in the draft now.