Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mcknight

vCash

Joe Mcknight

I know Mcknight was battling injuries this season but now that he is healthy does anybody else wish he received more carries during the game? Shonn and Bilal have played good for us, dont get me wrong, but I feel like when Mcknight gets carries he gains some pretty good yards. He has only had 28 carries this season but he is averaging 6 yards a carry and he was one of the best RB in the country coming out of HS. With only 2 games left, this is the best time to give guys that don't normally see the field as much and see what they can do. We already know what Shonn can give us so I really hope to see 18 to 20 carries for Mcknight next game to get a good look of him. The only time he really got a lot of touches was a few years ago when he TORCHED the Buffalo D (granted it was Buffalo) but still he had a great game. What do we have to lose? Does anyone else wish to see more of Mcknight as RB? As dissapointing as it is that we are out of playoff contention, these next two games are important because this can be the time to get a good, long look at the players we have on this roster and see if any of them can contribute to our success for the future.

vCash
    Couldn't agree more, it should be the Greg McElroy and Joe McKnight show going forward. I'm conflicted about this because I really want to lose out for a shot at Jarvis Jones but want these guys to do well lol.

vCash
    Agree these next two games we should look at all the guys we got especially McElroy and McKnight and on the defensive side there's no need for Scott to be playing let's see 100% of Demario

vCash

vCash
    McKnight needs to play, but also needs to take care of the ball.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I agree he can't be fumbling the ball, but when a guy gives me 28 yards on 2 plays, that guy should be playing. It is like that with everyone. If Garrett McIntyre gives me a 7 tackle, 2 sack, 1 Forced Fumble performance, that guy has earned the right to either start or play significantly until he doesn't give me a reason to play him.

When you look at the Jets right now, there are very few people on this team whose starting jobs are safe. Time to see what some of these "reserves" can do because let's be honest, 8-8 right now is no better than 6-10 because in both cases, you miss the playoffs.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Lets be honest...Other then McKnight we don't have a back that can score from outside the 15 yard line. When your a running team and have no homerun threat, its a major issue. It's time to give him significant playing time and see what we have in him.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Not taking anything away from Greene but last night, for example, there were holes that he broke through and gain 6-8 yards on but his lack of speed will never give us that big 30+ yard run that we can benefit from. Heck, if it wasnt for that big 94 yard run from CJ last night, the outcome could've been different. That type of speed back can change the game in a blink of an eye. Having a fast RB that the QB (whoever starts next week) can check down to can really help remove some pressure off their shoulders).We need that big playmaker at RB and hopefully Mcknight can give us that. Time will tell...

vCash
    I really want to see virtually every play on Offense next week include McKnight. Powell, and McElroy.

I get why we stuck with Greene...Powell battled injury all year, McKnight has hurt us in past with Ball control issues as a KR and RB, but Greene is a FA after this year.

Well...now that we are out of playoffs there is no reason to give a ****...see what kind of gamebreaking ability he has.

McElroy is just the obvious choice over Tebow...unless we really are building around Tebow which I have seen some posters say Woody alluded to the fact Tebow will be here for years to come.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I couldn't agree more. By the way, did anyone else hear during the game last night that Tom Moore was looking to become an offensive coordinator again. He worked with the Jets last year and I heard nothing but good things about him. He has alot of experience including the work he had done with the Manning and Clark duo. Maybe an option as an OC if Sporano is axed? Just a thought...

vCash
    I like McKnight, but I think we really need to get to the bottom of his problems with headaches and concentration. I'd like to see him get 10 touches a game, but it depends on him being healthy physically and mentally...

vCash
    It makes too much sense, that's probably why it won't happen.

vCash
    I'd like to see McElroy and McKnight be the starter at QB and RB respectively for our final 2 games and see what we really have with them. If they play well we should make them starters on offense next year and look to free agency and the draft to give G-Mac some weapons

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    McKnight, Powell and McElro should all be getting tons of minutes the upcoming weeks. Maybe let Greene play on 3rd down and GL situations

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post
    Agree these next two games we should look at all the guys we got especially McElroy and McKnight and on the defensive side there's no need for Scott to be playing let's see 100% of Demario
    I agree with this completely. Players like Scott, Pace, and Thomas should not play any more this season since they all should be gone next year. It is time to see what players like Coples, Ellis, Davis, McKnight, McIntyre, Sapp, and McElroy can do in extended playing time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast