Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    Ya, ignoring the problem of everyone having max cash, with it going back to max cash at the end of the year is totally cool.
    It goes back to max cash for anyone that didn't lose money. The only reason it has to be reset is because of a flaw in the file that has it stuck at somewhere around $3mil.

We absolutely do need more ways to build. DITR will help get some talent in the league, adding comp will get some new blood in and hopefully finally give us a trade market, and assuming everyone doesn't **** on IFA for some reason we'll have that as a building source and a legitimate reason to spend money.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    Well FA worked for me, hopefully I can add 2 more vet SP this next sim. Nothing too crazy...Just waiting on the draft pool..any day now! Haha.
    Last edited by MHoover101709; 12-20-2012 at 04:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    Ya, ignoring the problem of everyone having max cash, with it going back to max cash at the end of the year is totally cool.
    And the ****ed up thing is people are voting no to IFA's and yes to DITR. IFA's would help people that can spend cash wisely and what not where as DITR's do nothing but help out lucky teams.

IFA's actually help solve a problem that the league is having, IMO DITR do not do anything to help solve a problem other than perhaps a bit of activity.

While I don't support JD's tanking, he is right in its erally the only way to get talent onto your team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    And the ****ed up thing is people are voting no to IFA's and yes to DITR. IFA's would help people that can spend cash wisely and what not where as DITR's do nothing but help out lucky teams.

IFA's actually help solve a problem that the league is having, IMO DITR do not do anything to help solve a problem other than perhaps a bit of activity.

While I don't support JD's tanking, he is right in its erally the only way to get talent onto your team.
    Agreed. I don't really see why anyone would oppose it. I have yet to see a strong argument against it. Saying "I don't like it" or "I don't care either way" isn't a reason. If you don't care, don't vote or at least come up with a logical reason.
    Last edited by azazel529; 12-20-2012 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    Agreed. I don't really see why anyone would oppose it. I have yet to see a strong argument against it. Saying "I don't like it" or "I don't care either way" isn't a reason. If you don't care, don't vote or at least come up with a logical reason.
    Yeah the voting is mind boggling. 10-2 for DITR (one of the no's being me) and only 7-5 for IFA.

Its something.

vCash
    I voted yes to both. I don't see the downside to either, they kind of go hand in hand. One brings talent into the league via luck and the other brings talent into the league via money.

I like DITR because it's getting increasingly hard to predict what players are going to get on the open market. I thought I put in a solid offer for Bonilla only to find out it got doubled. Hurst, I had to pay 9 million a year for 2 years. I'm never going to go out and offer someone 5/90 unless there's someone like Bonds or Griffey on the market, and then I'm sure I'll be outbid for them. It'd be nice to maybe get a stud in the draft with a later round pick.

vCash

1992 Season Chat

I don't like IFAs in general, it's my vote, I'm t
    sure there are other ways to get people to spend money. I'd absolutely be down if it were the real IFAs

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    I don't like IFAs in general, it's my vote, I'm t
    sure there are other ways to get people to spend money. I'd absolutely be down if it were the real IFAs
    So it's a question of reality? Then why would you support DITR, which throws reality completely out of whack

vCash
    Because they're still real players, except they panned out this time.

I do historic leagues baseball mogul all the time, and it's cool seeing different players become all-star caliber

It's all a matter of preference/opinion

vCash

I do historic leagues baseball mogul all the time, and it's cool seeing different players become all-star caliber

So....doing it now, not good. Doing it in a few months when we reach the point when IFAs started to become more common in MLB...totally fine. Ummm...alright.

vCash

So....doing it now, not good. Doing it in a few months when we reach the point when IFAs started to become more common in MLB...totally fine. Ummm...alright.
    That's not what I said at all. I said if the IFAs were Ichiro and such not random guys. You guys are making a big deal about it, when I already said I wouldn't really care. I voted no because of my preference, I know it'll probably get passed. You make it such a big deal that I have a different preference, ****

vCash
    That's not what I said at all. I said if the IFAs were Ichiro and such not random guys. You guys are making a big deal about it, when I already said I wouldn't really care. I voted no because of my preference, I know it'll probably get passed. You make it such a big deal that I have a different preference, ****
    It's more that the reason was a tad vague, and I personally don't see a big difference between implementing it now or implementing it in a few seasons just to make sure the players are "real". And the "people can spend money on other things" point makes zero sense. The only thing it's being spent on right now is going over budget and dipping in to cash in order to sign a free agent. Which isn't helping anything.

vCash
    It's more that the reason was a tad vague, and I personally don't see a big difference between implementing it now or implementing it in a few seasons just to make sure the players are "real". And the "people can spend money on other things" point makes zero sense. The only thing it's being spent on right now is going over budget and dipping in to cash in order to sign a free agent. Which isn't helping anything.
    Well we can't use real players in a few years because they've been in the drafts. Like I said, it's good for the league so I wouldn't mind, just if I had to choose it would be another way, that's what a vote is.

Spending $ on other things makes zero sense because you took it as there are other things to spend money on, when I meant maybe there was a way we could find different ways to spend money on

vCash
    Well we can't use real players in a few years because they've been in the drafts. Like I said, it's good for the league so I wouldn't mind, just if I had to choose it would be another way, that's what a vote is.

Spending $ on other things makes zero sense because you took it as there are other things to spend money on, when I meant maybe there was a way we could find different ways to spend money on
    Such as?

vCash

Such as?
    Didn't put much thought into it but I'm sure there are other ways. IFA is being passed anyway so it doesn't matter.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast