Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where Should Our Comp Specs Come From?

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Create a New Player

11 78.57%
  • Draft Pick

2 14.29%
  • Other/Not Sure

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What Type of Comp System

Right now we aren't ironing out the specifics, just slowly taking steps toward figuring out what we are going to implement. The main thing is whether or not we want it to be based on draft picks.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    I'm picking create a player for a few reasons. Part of why we want to add comp is to raise the overall talent level, which in turn will bump ratings over time and the draft classes will get better. Creating a brand new player accomplishes this better than editing an existing one.

Also, I still fail to see an easy way to make draft pick compensation not potentially affect the already terrible trade market in a negative way. I think we can do something without draft picks while also keeping the talent levels of the comp specs down to a reasonable ceiling and not constantly dump in elite specs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    i'm picking create a player for a few reasons. Part of why we want to add comp is to raise the overall talent level, which in turn will bump ratings over time and the draft classes will get better. Creating a brand new player accomplishes this better than editing an existing one.

Also, i still fail to see an easy way to make draft pick compensation not potentially affect the already terrible trade market in a negative way. I think we can do something without draft picks while also keeping the talent levels of the comp specs down to a reasonable ceiling and not constantly dump in elite specs.
    +1

vCash
    I agree with what Az said.

Also, I think it would be cool to do DITR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    I agree with what Az said.

Also, I think it would be cool to do DITR.
    I'd need to hear the specifics of how to do it, but the little bit I've been told about DITR so far sounds good and I think it would be beneficial to have.

vCash
    I'd need to hear the specifics of how to do it, but the little bit I've been told about DITR so far sounds good and I think it would be beneficial to have.
    You pick a GM. Obviously you would pick me.

I go through and find 4-6 crappy draft picks. Send them to you.

You then do the draft. Whoever gets them gets them. Then you guys would make them better.

No body could get more than 1 I dont think.

I also think IFA's wouldnt be a bad idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    You pick a GM. Obviously you would pick me.

I go through and find 4-6 crappy draft picks. Send them to you.

You then do the draft. Whoever gets them gets them. Then you guys would make them better.

No body could get more than 1 I dont think.

I also think IFA's wouldnt be a bad idea.
    How were they edited before? Just to be a mediocre player or were these guys turned in to impact players?

I thought about IFA but not sure how to do it because it wasn't as common in MLB back in the era we're currently in, so we'd have to make fictitious players. Not that I'm against that, considering our comp system will be doing the same thing, but we'd have to iron out something as far as what the talent levels would normally be and maybe come up with a way to randomize it.

vCash
    How were they edited before? Just to be a mediocre player or were these guys turned in to impact players?

I thought about IFA but not sure how to do it because it wasn't as common in MLB back in the era we're currently in, so we'd have to make fictitious players. Not that I'm against that, considering our comp system will be doing the same thing, but we'd have to iron out something as far as what the talent levels would normally be and maybe come up with a way to randomize it.
    They werent made into all stars but they were definitely made into assets. Usually I think one was made into a very good player.

Really they were turned into late mid to late first rounders. I wouldn't mind some sort of formula for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    They werent made into all stars but they were definitely made into assets. Usually I think one was made into a very good player.

Really they were turned into late mid to late first rounders. I wouldn't mind some sort of formula for them.
    That sounds good. Useful, but not a superstar. And it's completely randomized as far as who will get them. I like it. We could even try to target players at positions that are very thin throughout the league. For instance, if 2B is horribly thin, we could make a couple of them for that position one year. Either way, I could see that system being really beneficial to the league and fair to everyone involved also.

vCash
    I would love IFA too.

vCash
    How about you do comp kind of like winterball. Have a comp be 110%, 90%, 80%, and 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    How about you do comp kind of like winterball. Have a comp be 110%, 90%, 80%, and 50%.
    110% of the player that is being cloned?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    This is intriguing. What if we did like a winterball thing where you get maybe 100 of these options in a pool.

The better the player the more 110%'s are in. The worse the more 50%'s are in.

When you ask for comp you pick a number and when its put in random.org you do down til you find that number and thats the spec you get?

vCash
    110% of the player that is being cloned?
    Yeah, so there is SOME incentive to let him go, and it still allows some risk by asking for comp. Since in real life the sandwich rounds have no guarantee for success, might as well do the same with comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    I want a comp just not sure which one would be good.. I do think their ought to be a Risk involved though
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast