Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,722
    vCash
    1500
    Kaep is better for our team going forward. Now enough of these debates. The whole team is over Alex and moved on to Kaep. We as fans need to do so as well. Just let it go, its not going to change barring an injury to Kaep, which I hope to hell doesn't happen. The present is the future. I love Alex, I hope he goes some where and succeeds (not too much though ) but his time in SF is done. Now just let it go, no more knocks on Alex and no more saying well if Alex was our Qb. (I was one of them). He isn't, so enough is enough
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    Everyone wanted Alex Smith gone before last season etc.

    He was great last year. said all the right things. he wore SF Giants baseball caps during press confrences, drove Matt Cains Car in the World Series Parade. and won over our hearts. Yes, it would be a GREAT story if Alex Smith won a Super Bowl....

    I feel bad for Alex, but Kaep is the better QB and the right choice

    no matter how this season goes. Kaeps the starting QB from this point on.

    Alex will be released next season.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,001
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Everyone wanted Alex Smith gone before last season etc.
    He was great last year. said all the right things. he wore SF Giants baseball caps during press confrences, drove Matt Cains Car in the World Series Parade. and won over our hearts. Yes, it would be a GREAT story if Alex Smith won a Super Bowl....

    I feel bad for Alex, but Kaep is the better QB and the right choice

    no matter how this season goes. Kaeps the starting QB from this point on.

    Alex will be released next season.
    Not everyone. Everyone who wanted to see the Niners offense reach it's potential did. Alex is a class act who has physical talent and is very intelligent. He is capable once the ball is snapped, but unless he feels like there is nothing to lose he always seems to be holding something back.

    When he first got in the Texans game in 09...they were down big and he had nothing to lose. Granted Houston played some soft coverages but Smith was quick, decisive and accurate. Sometimes during games it was like somebody flipped a switch and he would just light it up. Think about the "we want Carr" game. He was tentative, afraid, he double clutched everything after the first drive and then during his indecisiveness, he just dropped the ball and Philly had a walk in TD. He got booed...didn't phase him. Next series after Singletary was gonna bench him...he exploded. Philly was NOT playing loose. The D was there. Smith just stuck it in there. He was threading the needle play after play and there was nothing the D could do. It's all in his head. The problem is...there's no way to know when he's gonna shut down. Last year it happened periodically through games and lasted nearly all of the NFCC game. He made some great throws, but just didn't want to make a mistake so he held the ball when he should have thrown.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27,783
    vCash
    2440
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Not everyone. Everyone who wanted to see the Niners offense reach it's potential did. Alex is a class act who has physical talent and is very intelligent. He is capable once the ball is snapped, but unless he feels like there is nothing to lose he always seems to be holding something back.

    When he first got in the Texans game in 09...they were down big and he had nothing to lose. Granted Houston played some soft coverages but Smith was quick, decisive and accurate. Sometimes during games it was like somebody flipped a switch and he would just light it up. Think about the "we want Carr" game. He was tentative, afraid, he double clutched everything after the first drive and then during his indecisiveness, he just dropped the ball and Philly had a walk in TD. He got booed...didn't phase him. Next series after Singletary was gonna bench him...he exploded. Philly was NOT playing loose. The D was there. Smith just stuck it in there. He was threading the needle play after play and there was nothing the D could do. It's all in his head. The problem is...there's no way to know when he's gonna shut down. Last year it happened periodically through games and lasted nearly all of the NFCC game. He made some great throws, but just didn't want to make a mistake so he held the ball when he should have thrown.
    bingo

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,722
    vCash
    1500
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Not everyone. Everyone who wanted to see the Niners offense reach it's potential did. Alex is a class act who has physical talent and is very intelligent. He is capable once the ball is snapped, but unless he feels like there is nothing to lose he always seems to be holding something back.

    When he first got in the Texans game in 09...they were down big and he had nothing to lose. Granted Houston played some soft coverages but Smith was quick, decisive and accurate. Sometimes during games it was like somebody flipped a switch and he would just light it up. Think about the "we want Carr" game. He was tentative, afraid, he double clutched everything after the first drive and then during his indecisiveness, he just dropped the ball and Philly had a walk in TD. He got booed...didn't phase him. Next series after Singletary was gonna bench him...he exploded. Philly was NOT playing loose. The D was there. Smith just stuck it in there. He was threading the needle play after play and there was nothing the D could do. It's all in his head. The problem is...there's no way to know when he's gonna shut down. Last year it happened periodically through games and lasted nearly all of the NFCC game. He made some great throws, but just didn't want to make a mistake so he held the ball when he should have thrown.
    That's not true. I wanted the offense to reach it's true potential, but didn't want Alex gone last season or even early this season. I did not see a better option for this team than Alex Smith. Then, Kap got his chance to play verses the Bears and I saw that this team already had a better option. Then, I decided it was time to move on from Alex Smith.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,001
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    That's not true. I wanted the offense to reach it's true potential, but didn't want Alex gone last season or even early this season. I did not see a better option for this team than Alex Smith. Then, Kap got his chance to play verses the Bears and I saw that this team already had a better option. Then, I decided it was time to move on from Alex Smith.
    I can understand that. Meaning I understand what you mean. I "can" understand your point of view but I don't agree since I had already come to the personal conclusion that they would not win the SB with Smith unless something unusual happened. They would have to benefit from a ref's missed call or a team would have to commit a foolish mistake or something like that. I didn't know Kaep could do it, but I knew Smith couldn't. Since I knew Smith couldn't...there was no reason to continue with that option.

    However, all that said...if Kaep gets hurt late in the year here or in the playoffs, it IS possible that Smith comes in with the attitude that the team must win BECAUSE of me and play like he did during those lights out stretches. He is capable...he just has to decide to do it. If...and that's a big IF...he does, there will be a big decision next year. One QB will have to be traded. Think Montana/Young...Aikman/Walsh...Morton/Stauback. Which one?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I can understand that. Meaning I understand what you mean. I "can" understand your point of view but I don't agree since I had already come to the personal conclusion that they would not win the SB with Smith unless something unusual happened. They would have to benefit from a ref's missed call or a team would have to commit a foolish mistake or something like that. I didn't know Kaep could do it, but I knew Smith couldn't. Since I knew Smith couldn't...there was no reason to continue with that option.

    However, all that said...if Kaep gets hurt late in the year here or in the playoffs, it IS possible that Smith comes in with the attitude that the team must win BECAUSE of me and play like he did during those lights out stretches. He is capable...he just has to decide to do it. If...and that's a big IF...he does, there will be a big decision next year. One QB will have to be traded. Think Montana/Young...Aikman/Walsh...Morton/Stauback. Which one?
    Well, I disagree with your conclusion that the 49ers couldn't win the Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Alex Smith led them to the NFC Championship last year and a fg away from winning it with Brett Swain as the #2 WR and Joe Hastings as the #3 WR. With the roster additions and Alex's improved play this year (he's definitely playing better this year than last year), the 49ers could definitely have won the Super Bowl with Alex Smith. However, I think that they have a better chance of winning it with Colin Kaepernick.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    vCash
    1500
    The debate won't stop until we figure out what Kaepernick can do. This has been a small sample size thus far and we can't compare him to what Smith has already done, which is going 20-6 (includes the 2 playoffs games) since Harbaugh has become the coach. We can put whatever spin on it, but thats Alex's record in the last season and half. Nothing can change that. Opinions and speculations can, however, change. We don't know what we have with Kaepernick yet. He's had a couple of good games and couple of bad games. Nothing is written in stone in terms of Kaep's future.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,105
    vCash
    1500
    What do you guys think we can get for Smith tho?


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    What do you guys think we can get for Smith tho?
    Nothing. I don't think the 49ers will pick up his option of $1 million that comes before trades are allowed. Even if they were to pick it up, I don't think they could get more than a 5th/6th rounder considering that everyone knows he's getting cut before April 1st when his entire $8.5 million contract becomes fully guaranteed.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Nothing. I don't think the 49ers will pick up his option of $1 million that comes before trades are allowed. Even if they were to pick it up, I don't think they could get more than a 5th/6th rounder considering that everyone knows he's getting cut before April 1st when his entire $8.5 million contract becomes fully guaranteed.
    It's not a team option. People need to stop calling it that. They also need to stop spelling "Kap" K-A-E-P. End of mini rant.


    Slap Hands!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    It's not a team option. People need to stop calling it that. They also need to stop spelling "Kap" K-A-E-P. End of mini rant.
    When Maiocco quotes people saying "Kap," he spells it "Kap," not "Kaep." I'll make sure not to call the roster bonus an option anymore Derek

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    It's not a team option. People need to stop calling it that. They also need to stop spelling "Kap" K-A-E-P. End of mini rant.
    wow!!! somebody's panties are in a bunch

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,646
    vCash
    1500
    Kap came out and said it's Kap not Kaep so that's why Derek is upset (but not actually).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •