Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Nice job, but I can finagle stats too....

    How about a deeper look at the Pats D:

    27th in total yards allowed
    20th in sacks
    29th in passing yards allowed
    17th in ppg allowed (as you stated)

    Not to mention they get to play the Bills,Jets, and Dolphins twice a year. I'm no John Clayton, but I'd venture to say they don't have a top tier NFL defense.

    Just for the record,

    Pats allowed

    28 and 31 to the Bills
    26 and 19 to the Jets
    16 to the Dolphins

    in comparison, the Niners allowed

    3 to the Bills
    0 to the Jets
    13 to the Dolphins

    So don't come at me and try to put lipstick on a turd. They are not a dynamic unit, and teams don't play them fearing their Defense, they fear giving up 50+ points to Tom Brady and company.

    But, I'm trying to figure out why you are disputing this in the first place. I am in favor of Kaepernick starting. I want him to be the QB now and into the future, but to turn your head and act like Smith had no part in the 49ers recent success is plain ignorant.

    Bazzzziiiiinnnnnggggg .....
    Hey! How dare you point out the Bills! We have to throw the Bills game out, well then so should the Patriots...but then that helps the Patriots out because the Bills put up 31 points and 28 points against that amazing Patriot defense!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,168
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Nice job, but I can finagle stats too....

    How about a deeper look at the Pats D:

    27th in total yards allowed
    20th in sacks
    29th in passing yards allowed
    17th in ppg allowed (as you stated)

    Not to mention they get to play the Bills,Jets, and Dolphins twice a year. I'm no John Clayton, but I'd venture to say they don't have a top tier NFL defense.

    Just for the record,

    Pats allowed

    28 and 31 to the Bills
    26 and 19 to the Jets
    16 to the Dolphins

    in comparison, the Niners allowed

    3 to the Bills
    0 to the Jets
    13 to the Dolphins

    So don't come at me and try to put lipstick on a turd. They are not a dynamic unit, and teams don't play them fearing their Defense, they fear giving up 50+ points to Tom Brady and company.

    But, I'm trying to figure out why you are disputing this in the first place. I am in favor of Kaepernick starting. I want him to be the QB now and into the future, but to turn your head and act like Smith had no part in the 49ers recent success is plain ignorant.

    Bazzzziiiiinnnnnggggg .....
    Actually, I think all the stat arguing just proves my point which is stats don't tell the whole story. Alex's stats weren't bad and Kaep's are remarkably better (although I am more impressed with the situations Kaep has had to play in). Watching the games, it's pretty clear that the team is different with Kaepernick in there. They laid an egg in St. Louis for sure and to be honest I think that comes down to the coaching staff. Not necessarily for a lousy gameplan...but more because of the way the team comes out. Arrogant, and expecting to whoop a team without much trouble. That's really the only thing that can/will stop the Niners this year. They have all the talent in the world and not the explosive trigger man to take advantage. If the coaches keep their heads about themselves...they're golden.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    They are a TD better, which is pretty good. But Kaep didn't even lead us to that 23 point margin which would be good for 21st defense in the league. Kaep put up 17 against the Saints, which would make the Saints look like they had the 3rd ranked defense
    This doesn't matter since I included Kap's stats from the game in the analysis. Are you arguing that I should take them out? I didn't add the yards and points that the defense scored to Kap's stats lol. This is a moot argument. All I simply did was pull Alex's stats out of the Bills game because they completely inflated his stats and they are not even remotely close to representative to what Alex Smith does, ever!!! You can argue whatever you want, but the only defense that you can make any argument that is as bad as the Bills is the Raiders.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Nice job, but I can finagle stats too....

    How about a deeper look at the Pats D:

    27th in total yards allowed
    20th in sacks
    29th in passing yards allowed
    17th in ppg allowed (as you stated)

    Not to mention they get to play the Bills,Jets, and Dolphins twice a year. I'm no John Clayton, but I'd venture to say they don't have a top tier NFL defense.

    Just for the record,

    Pats allowed

    28 and 31 to the Bills
    26 and 19 to the Jets
    16 to the Dolphins

    in comparison, the Niners allowed

    3 to the Bills
    0 to the Jets
    13 to the Dolphins

    So don't come at me and try to put lipstick on a turd. They are not a dynamic unit, and teams don't play them fearing their Defense, they fear giving up 50+ points to Tom Brady and company.

    But, I'm trying to figure out why you are disputing this in the first place. I am in favor of Kaepernick starting. I want him to be the QB now and into the future, but to turn your head and act like Smith had no part in the 49ers recent success is plain ignorant.

    Bazzzziiiiinnnnnggggg .....
    Do you think using just the division games in this analysis is wise? Everyone knows poor division opponents play better against good teams within the division. I noticed how you didn't include other games, for instance, last week when they held the Texans to 14. I also don't know what the point of using the 49ers games in there is either. I'm not arguing that the Patriots defense is as good as ours is. I'm arguing that it is not as bad as the Bills defense, nor the Lions.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    This doesn't matter since I included Kap's stats from the game in the analysis. Are you arguing that I should take them out? I didn't add the yards and points that the defense scored to Kap's stats lol. This is a moot argument. All I simply did was pull Alex's stats out of the Bills game because they completely inflated his stats and they are not even remotely close to representative to what Alex Smith does, ever!!! You can argue whatever you want, but the only defense that you can make any argument that is as bad as the Bills is the Raiders.
    Lol, so you take out Alex's best game...makes sense. Take out Gore's best game and run running stats go down. Take out Crabtree's best receiving game and his stats go down. Take out Vernon's best game and his stats go down. Take out Aldon's best game, and his stats go down...see the trend? Its ****ing stupid to take out a players best game...just stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Do you think using just the division games in this analysis is wise? Everyone knows poor division opponents play better against good teams within the division. I noticed how you didn't include other games, for instance, last week when they held the Texans to 14. I also don't know what the point of using the 49ers games in there is either. I'm not arguing that the Patriots defense is as good as ours is. I'm arguing that it is not as bad as the Bills defense, nor the Lions.
    While you are some what correct with division rivals play better against each other...they don't play that much better against a team who you say is a good defense. Our rivals don't put points up on us, but the games are closer...thats because we have a legit good defense. You can't sway the stats to make them favor what you say, because they do not
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Basically, Smith complete 4% of passes more than Kap (probably because he checks down more), but Kap beats Alex Smith in every other category. The most notable stat there should be that Kap accounts for 3 TD per game while Alex accounts for 1.33 TDs per game.
    Actually that's not the case, at least it wasn't before Sunday's game. If you look at each player's accuracy percentage, which takes into account drops and throwaways, Kap has a better percentage. Receivers drop about 10% of the passes Kap throws compared to 5.5% of balls Smith throws. Part of it is I think Smith throws a more catchable ball on short to intermediate throws.

    From a pure accuracy standpoint, Kap has been better overall. His accuracy percentage was at 83% (1st in the league) compared to 81% from Smith (2nd in the league). What's also interesting is Smith attempted a great number of throws that traveled more than 20 yards. He was at 7.8% and Kap was was at 7.3%. I'm sure that changed after the Patriots game though.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-18-2012 at 12:39 PM.


    Slap Hands!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,086
    vCash
    1500
    Like it or not The Alex era is over in SF. I personally will be glad when he goes elsewhere just to end this debate. I always felt he was wronged and always will. People talk about trading him etc. I really think they will release him and let him choose his own destination, I personally think they owe him that much. That said, Kaep is the man and brings more upside, so far his upside has been more than his "rookie" type mistakes and should get even better.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221;24782967[B
    ]Do you think using just the division games in this analysis is wise? Everyone knows poor division opponents play better against good teams within the division. I noticed how you didn't include other games, for instance, last week when they held the Texans to 14[/B]. I also don't know what the point of using the 49ers games in there is either. I'm not arguing that the Patriots defense is as good as ours is. I'm arguing that it is not as bad as the Bills defense, nor the Lions.
    I did this to show you that anyone can make stats either look better or worse depending on what info is included or left out.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    with all these stats going around, you guys have too much time. Get back to work (or school)! lol

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,483
    vCash
    1500
    NO! Nutty, that isn't fun
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    NO! Nutty, that isn't fun
    lol I hear that!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,370
    vCash
    1500
    kaep is the better QB for this team. period.


    this will be a non issue when Alex is release next season.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    kaep is the better QB for this team. period.


    this will be a non issue when Alex is release next season.
    Way to not read anything pertaining to the thread ....

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,965
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    kaep is the better QB for this team. period.


    this will be a non issue when Alex is release next season.
    The only way it will be a non-issue is if the Niners win the Super Bowl or at least make a SB appearance. The Niners weren't the favorite to win it all, but they were close and that was with Smith as the QB. No one knows what could or would of happened is Smith remained the QB which is why there will be that issue. Not saying he will, but if Kaepernick has a horrible game in a playoff game and the Niners lose, then it becomes an huge issue for this season and for Harbaugh. They should of played it out with Smith and if they fell short, then Kaepernick becomes the unquestionable starter the following season with absolutely no controversy or debate. I just didn't like the way it happened, even though it was probably inevitable.
    Last edited by WestCoastSportz; 12-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •