Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'd like to see the stats if you take the Buffalo game out of the stats. Kap didn't get the benefit to his stats to play the absolute worst defense in the NFL. The Bills have given up 35 or more points 6 times this year and are giving up an average of 28.7 points per game (worst in the NFL-tied with Oakland). Their numbers wouldn't be so similar without that game.
    Yea he did, he played the Saints...worst defense in the league
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I thought we were done with these.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Basically, Smith complete 4% of passes more than Kap (probably because he checks down more), but Kap beats Alex Smith in every other category. The most notable stat there should be that Kap accounts for 3 TD per game while Alex accounts for 1.33 TDs per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Yea he did, he played the Saints...worst defense in the league
    That's false. The Saints are tied for 27th (tied with Lions whom Alex played). Neither are as bad as the Bills. Plus, as NinerHomer pointed out, Kap got the Saints in the Super Dome while Alex got the Bills and Lions in SF.

vCash
    Just to prove that point, I looked up the Saints points per game allowed at home and on the road. At home, the Saints only allow 23.1 points per game. On the road, the Saints allow 31.0 points per game. That's over a TD difference.

vCash
    That's false. The Saints are tied for 27th (tied with Lions whom Alex played). Neither are as bad as the Bills. Plus, as NinerHomer pointed out, Kap got the Saints in the Super Dome while Alex got the Bills and Lions in SF.
    How convenient , you forgot to mention the Pats who also have one of the worst D's in the NFL.

We could go on all day about who had the easier opponents, but that is not why I created this thread. I support Kaep 100% and I truly believe he is a more dynamic player. But I also like to give credit where its due, and the fact is Alex Smiths value has never been higher (besides draft night) and he should garnish a reasonable return with his W/L record and conservative but efficient stat line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    How convenient , you forgot to mention the Pats who also have one of the worst D's in the NFL.

We could go on all day about who had the easier opponents, but that is not why I created this thread. I support Kaep 100% and I truly believe he is a more dynamic player. But I also like to give credit where its due, and the fact is Alex Smiths value has never been higher (besides draft night) and he should garnish a reasonable return with his W/L record and conservative but efficient stat line.
    Before they played the 49ers, the Patriots were ranked 11th in the NFL in points allowed. Sorry, but they are a much better defense. They are now ranked 17th, but that's because Kap put the smack down on them. They are also 2nd in the NFL in takeaways. Nice try

vCash
    Before they played the 49ers, the Patriots were ranked 11th in the NFL in points allowed. Sorry, but they are a much better defense. They are now ranked 17th, but that's because Kap put the smack down on them. They are also 2nd in the NFL in takeaways. Nice try
    Bazing!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I thought we were done with these.
    Same damn thing I thought...smh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    Same damn thing I thought...smh.
    Jesus Christ people!! Did somebody make you read the thread or post in it?? If you don't want to discuss then freaking don't!!!
    Last edited by NinerHomer49; 12-18-2012 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Just to prove that point, I looked up the Saints points per game allowed at home and on the road. At home, the Saints only allow 23.1 points per game. On the road, the Saints allow 31.0 points per game. That's over a TD difference.
    And what point are you proving? Our defense scored 14 points for us, if it wasn't for them we only would have put up 17 points...

NO's allows 400+ yards a game and 27 points per game which is good for one of, if not the worst defense in the league and Kaep only put up 17 points against them. Sooo um, your point is well...pointless
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Jesus Christ people!! Does somebody have a gun to your head and make you read the thread or post in it?? If you don't want to discuss then freaking don't!!!
    With all the **** going on right now with guns, that is a pretty ******** thing to say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    And what point are you proving? Our defense scored 14 points for us, if it wasn't for them we only would have put up 17 points...

NO's allows 400+ yards a game and 27 points per game which is good for one of, if not the worst defense in the league and Kaep only put up 17 points against them. Sooo um, your point is well...pointless
    I "think" he's just making the point that NO plays significantly better at home than they do on the road.

vCash
    Nice job, but I can finagle stats too....

How about a deeper look at the Pats D:

27th in total yards allowed
    20th in sacks
    29th in passing yards allowed
    17th in ppg allowed (as you stated)

Not to mention they get to play the Bills,Jets, and Dolphins twice a year. I'm no John Clayton, but I'd venture to say they don't have a top tier NFL defense.

Just for the record,

Pats allowed

28 and 31 to the Bills
    26 and 19 to the Jets
    16 to the Dolphins

in comparison, the Niners allowed

3 to the Bills
    0 to the Jets
    13 to the Dolphins

So don't come at me and try to put lipstick on a turd. They are not a dynamic unit, and teams don't play them fearing their Defense, they fear giving up 50+ points to Tom Brady and company.

But, I'm trying to figure out why you are disputing this in the first place. I am in favor of Kaepernick starting. I want him to be the QB now and into the future, but to turn your head and act like Smith had no part in the 49ers recent success is plain ignorant.

Bazzzziiiiinnnnnggggg .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I "think" he's just making the point that NO plays significantly better at home than they do on the road.
    They are a TD better, which is pretty good. But Kaep didn't even lead us to that 23 point margin which would be good for 21st defense in the league. Kaep put up 17 against the Saints, which would make the Saints look like they had the 3rd ranked defense

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast