Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Because Kubiak is a ***** who will never take a risk under any circumstances

vCash
    you know lucky for me I had a family Christmas party today, and was able to get away from it for a while. but im still seething. 'how do you WR's run 5 yard routes on third and longs" awesome question. why does the qb decide to throw it short on said routes? I don't know man, I've defended schaub for a long time. there are some cracks starting to develop. im not seeing much creativity from kubiak, teams are game planning this offense way too easily. IMO its almost like college football. schaub looks at koobs and runs WHATEVER is called. he nevere adjusts at the line. if he were so good why no audibles when they stack the box on a run, why force feed those obvious negative plays? its puzzling. im not freaking out, the playoffs are a totally different game, but im losing a little confidence in this offense. 2 games in a row they are contained. no adjustments made, stubborn playcalling. hopefully the old, stupid saying comes true ... "we haven't even played our best football yet"

i've always thought that mike vick in this system was a match made in heaven. too bad this regime is loyal to a flaw.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    man when rg3 was a freshman at baylor i said he'd be a superbowl qb in this system...then his stock shot up and now he's in the original version of this system and I think I'll be right in the next few years
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_T View Post
    man when rg3 was a freshman at baylor i said he'd be a superbowl qb in this system...then his stock shot up and now he's in the original version of this system and I think I'll be right in the next few years
    agreed. there's not wonder now why they were willing to mortgage the farm in order to move up to nab him in the draft. excellent call on that one. thats why i feel a more mobile and strong armed qb is necessary to run this system to perfection. koobs is a smart guy and he's adjusted some of his scheme to fit schaubs strengths and weaknesses, but gone are the days of a true sprint out naked bootleg ala, steve young, elway, hell even jake the snake plummer. if vick was running the show here it would probably be a similar rate of success to what rg3 is experiencing.

nap time is over. we have schaub and will have to deal with it for the foreseeable future.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    went to the game. It was painful. I simply do not understand why Kubiack is that ****ing conservative with his play calling. Like VC hit above, we also have a QB with zip balls, who just runs the play called, instead of making a simple adjustment. When I watch good QB's, they attack favorable matchups. its as if we have all 70 plays for the game called, and refuse to waver. When playing crappy teams, our talent overwhelms them. But the Vikings came out prepared, and we made zero adjustment. How do you let a guy that throws like Uncle Rico beat you up like that?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    at this stage, I don't see more than 1 win in the playoffs, and that goes to 0 if the guy we are facing is Manning or Brady.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Really unhappy with the performance yesterday, the defensive line looked great as usual and Wade Phillips actually had a pretty decent game plan considering he wanted Ponder to beat us. Our ILB's are just complete garbage, once a runner get's past the D line they're gone for a big game and the offensive game calling is a huge head scratchier but at the same time I wonder if the reason Kubiak does what he does is because Schaub can't handle being a big boy on his own. He looks scared, I understand the play calls suck but when you have guys open you have to be able to make your throw and hit them in stride. He can't do anything once the pocket collapses... He's just so scared he's gonna hurt that precious foot or something but seriously I'm really aggravated about that huge contract he's locked up under. If we wouldn't have signed him he would have been able to walk after the season and we could have gave Yates a shot. The entire DeMeco Ryans move last off season looks even dumber at this point as well. A lot of bone headed decisions this past year which are finally catching up to us at the worst possible time.

vCash
    when schaub first took over and we were getting our tails stomped by manning I remember reading through quite a few press conferences asking why we didn't make adjustments at the line...I don't know if it's an inability on schaub that kubiak covers but kubiak says he doesn't allow his qb's to call audibles....that they go to the line with several different plays called out of that scheme and depending on how the d lines up is how schaub is supposed to call it...

I don't know that I would trust schaub to audible either...he misses too many things in his pre-snap reads.

as for vick...vick as a talent would be the perfect qb in this system...but vick as the person wouldn't be able to deal with kubiak. kubiak's reputation with his qb's is one of being unnecessarily hard. when rosenfels went to minnesota he had some quotes about how kubiak would cuss his qb's out on the sidelines and essentially make them feel relatively worthless...i don't know if that's true, sage kind of struck me as a delicate flower...
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_T View Post
    when schaub first took over and we were getting our tails stomped by manning I remember reading through quite a few press conferences asking why we didn't make adjustments at the line...I don't know if it's an inability on schaub that kubiak covers but kubiak says he doesn't allow his qb's to call audibles....that they go to the line with several different plays called out of that scheme and depending on how the d lines up is how schaub is supposed to call it...

I don't know that I would trust schaub to audible either...he misses too many things in his pre-snap reads.

as for vick...vick as a talent would be the perfect qb in this system...but vick as the person wouldn't be able to deal with kubiak. kubiak's reputation with his qb's is one of being unnecessarily hard. when rosenfels went to minnesota he had some quotes about how kubiak would cuss his qb's out on the sidelines and essentially make them feel relatively worthless...i don't know if that's true, sage kind of struck me as a delicate flower...
    If we signed Vick I'd be extremely pissed. I don't want that dog killer in our uniform...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345