Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    For all the big plays he's ever made, Mike Wallace is still too inconsistent for my liking, which is why I won't be very sad to see him go. If this season has proved anything, it's that the Steelers need more consistently good players, particularly on offense.
    I still think it was the defense and play calling. Defense covered him up, opening it up for Antonio Brown. You even saw it on Brown's TD today. It was one on one with the corner. You always see at LEAST two defenders on Wallace on deep passes to him. He takes at least two defensive backs with him wherever he goes, making it difficult to consistently make catches and gain yards.

And this year, it was the play calling. Which isn't a bad thing. His yards are down due to greater emphasis on short passing routes, but he has the second most catches and tied for second most touchdowns of his career.

That said, if Haley stays I'll be ok with Wallace leaving. His scheme doesn't require too much talent. Brown's and Sanders' struggles were all mental, which are remedied by experience and growth. They're entering their fourth years, they should be fine. Cotchery is still a solid 3rd, 4th, sometimes even 2nd option. Another receiver added in the draft would be nice, though I loved seeing Rainey split out wide today even if Roethlisberger's pass did one-hop to him due to running away from pressure.

vCash
    Brian Hoyer is starting this weekend for Arizona.. they literally must stalk our team moves and will bring in anyone who walks through our doors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Brian Hoyer is starting this weekend for Arizona.. they literally must stalk our team moves and will bring in anyone who walks through our doors
    It's not a bad strategy, honestly.

vCash
    This was such a pathetic game. Late in the 4th quarter we were at the CIN 40 and we need 15 yards max to get a field goal and win, and Ben throws a friggin INTERCEPTION! Seriously, so pathetic. Have a good draft guys, you need it.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435