Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Steve young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Terry Glenn, Corey Dillon, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, Deion Branch (who was good back then). That was one thing that used to upset me is that people made it sound like the Patriots were made up of a bunch of spare parts that just happen to come together. There was legitimate talent on that team. The Jets don't have it.
    Deion Branch was good back then. Why? Because he had Brady. he went to Seattle and sucked the hind tit. Terry Glenn was a far cry from his former self at that point. He was de-activated in Bradys first year. He never even played on the same team as Dillon. How can't you admit that the 2001 Pats offence looked like ****, and Brady still won with them.

The offence only started to look good after Brady matured and progressed. Then he got players like Welker and Moss, who have a lot of talent, but would not be and/or have been missed if jettisoned. Welker accomplished what in Miami? Moss in Oakland? I think it is safe to say that Brady made those guys very rich. At least Welker, Moss was already rich.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Problem is they are better than us with Fitzgerald, and they have a stud number two in that first rounder from ND. Don't start that Sanchez is the root of our problems there's no question. Weapons can't make you take care of the football and read defenses. I'm so sick of hearing that, and I'm willing to bet that a good QB would make Chaz and Clyde gates much better. Quit it CCU it's getting old, Sanchez doesn't deserve any credit or sorrow.
    We had an FO that moved up to pick him even when his college coach said don't do it. We have a coach who never really tried to develop him and refused to let him be challenged because he was afraid it would hurt his ego. WHAT? lol We have an owner who loved his marketing value and we have a gm who extended his contract. Our FO's ability to accurately scout offensive players is suspect at best.
    Sanchez wasn't the root but he is a direct product of that root and is the root now and good lord he is awful. Not physically, with him it's all mental. I think Sanchez can be a successful (middle of the pack qb) if he's on a team with a RB that is the team leader, a very good set of WR's and a Very good TE. Sounds like what we had when he came into the league.
    He's not a leader, maybe someday but not now. He is the opposite of a leader unless you want a captain that will sink the ship. He spun out of control so by the end of the season, he really was indicative of all that is wrong with this team. He was clumsy, haphazard and ineffective, as was the entree offensive side of the ball. He played like a kid having a tantrum and then moped around.

Let me ask you this: What is Sanchez doing this year that he hasn't done in Years 1-3? His completion percentage is still in the mid-50%; he still throws too many INT's and fumbles too much.

But if you look back at 2009-2011, the Jets were still scoring points-- 9 games of 22 points and higher in 2009; 12 games of 22 points and higher in 2010; 9 games in 2011 of 22 points and higher. This year you have 5, but you have 7 games where the offense is putting up 10 points or less.

I have been watching the NFL for a lot of years and I have NEVER seen an offense this inept or this bad scopepts. So what's the reason, especially if you consider that your QB is doing the exact same things as he was back when he came into the league.
    I have never seen such a pathetic excuse for an offense either, with the exception of Arizona. lol I understand what you are saying and at the beginning of the season I would have agreed with you. As I said above, I don't think this was all Sanchez's fault but he is now the source of the issues because of his attitude and performance.
    The reason we didn't score as many points is, turnovers, poor throws and declining decision making on the part of our QB. Yes there were drops but there were also great catches that saved his ***. A good QB makes those around him better. He did the opposite. People on this team are all now slightly stupider and less talented because of Sanchez's attitude and performance.

Either way, we all agree he can't be our starter anymore. So JETS fans have united!!
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 12-21-2012 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    Yes I agree. I'm not even debating those points. I'm just trying to say that there's another side to this. Again, you can't have an offense with this kind of ineptitude because of the performance of one guy. This one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. Yes, that one guy is the most important part of the unit but if he was the only problem we wouldn't look so bad.

Look, I am in no way defending Sanchez. I've been done with that for a while. I want him gone. Make no mistake about it. But with this particular team, our struggles go way beyond just Mark. It's much deeper than if we replace him with a better QB then we will be better.

It's got to be a change in philosophy throughout the organization. I guarantee any QB we drafted in 2009 would have failed here under the circumstances. Everything the Jets have done since they drafted Sanchez is exactly what you don't do to groom a franchise QB.
    I have believed that for a while and you have some on these forums that if you take out Mark Sanchez, all the Jets problems go away. I have never seen such inept offense in my whole life because like I said before, Sanchez is doing the same things he has been for the past 3 years, but at least in the past, we were scoring points.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    I have believed that for a while and you have some on these forums that if you take out Mark Sanchez, all the Jets problems go away. I have never seen such inept offense in my whole life because like I said before, Sanchez is doing the same things he has been for the past 3 years, but at least in the past, we were scoring points.
    Remember we also had #1 running attack and a much better defense.

The Jets running attack took over games in the past. That is no longer the case. The 09 ,10 Jets are like the 2012 Vikings. Meaning even though everyone knows A.P. will get the ball good luck stopping him.

The jets were the same way. Good luck stopping the Jets vaunted rushing attack.

Take all that away and Sanchez is exposed as a mediocre QB. This is why the Jets cant score. They cant lean on the running game. Nor can they lean on Sanchez as a QB.

Last year the Jets were able to capitalize on red zone scoring because they had a Huge target in Plaxico Burress. Buress did not have nice things to say about Sanchez so he was not brought back.

now the Jets struggle in the redzone.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Remember we also had #1 running attack and a much better defense.

The Jets running attack took over games in the past. That is no longer the case. The 09 ,10 Jets are like the 2012 Vikings. Meaning even though everyone knows A.P. will get the ball good luck stopping him.

The jets were the same way. Good luck stopping the Jets vaunted rushing attack.

Take all that away and Sanchez is exposed as a mediocre QB. This is why the Jets cant score. They cant lean on the running game. Nor can they lean on Sanchez as a QB.

Last year the Jets were able to capitalize on red zone scoring because they had a Huge target in Plaxico Burress. Buress did not have nice things to say about Sanchez so he was not brought back.

now the Jets struggle in the redzone.
    Thats what I said!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345