Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve young

vCash
    I've never seen Steve Young that upset about a QB and organization before. This offense is beyond pathetic. Yes the wide receivers and running backs are below average right now, but it doesn't matter. Even when players are wide open, Sanchez misses them (see the check down to Greene as one example). I have been a big Sanchez supporter since he was drafted, but it is time to find a new QB. It is obvious that Sanchez won't succeed in New York.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    I hate these kind of posts. A true Sanchez apologist. Last year, they surrounded Sanchez with Holmes and Plax at WR, Keller at TE, and Greene & LT at RB. That is a solid group. The year before he had Holmes & Edwards & Cotchery & Keller and LT. Take a look at his stats from those years. There was no Tebow factor to set him up to fail, and yet, he had bad years. Yes, a good number of TD passes last year, but completion percentage and turnovers were still a problem. He was inaccurate, made poor decisions, and failed to protect the ball. This year, we are seeing the same stuff, but all of a sudden, we can blame it on the fact that Tebow was brought in to light a fire under his ***.

Yes, he was compromised by a lack of talent this year, but that is mostly attributable to injuries to Holmes & Keller. Combine those two with Kerley & Hill and Cumberland, and that is certainly adequate. I wonder what Tom Brady could do with that group?

But no matter what, the players he has worked with this year have gotten open often enough, and Sanchez rarely has delivered the ball to the right spot. Apologize for him all you want, but if we had a quality QB under center, the season would have looked a lot different. The guy is just not that good, and has never been good. His poor play got Schotty fired, and now it will get Sparano fired. Yes, these OCs made mistakes, but quality QB play makes any competent OC look great. Is Kevin Gilbride that good? He has 2 SB rings now, but he would definitely have been looking for a job if it weren't for the way Eli has played in the playoffs.

Please, no more apologies for Sanchez. I'm not ready to trash the coaches & front office until I see a competent QB behind center.
    That's what young says. That even with crappy WR's and RB's, a good QB will give a spark and keep them in games. A good QB will lift players. Sanchez, young said

Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I think this is fair. Too many are blaming everyone except the QB who finally needs to be held accountable for the offensive miseries. There is talent there. And the armchair QB's who all claim they would have pro bowl OLines and WR's everywhere are lying to themselves as each pick needed to be made in real time for specific holes to be filled AT THAT TIME.

And Tebow hasn't been a factor. In any way, shape or form. He's totally irrelevant and is used as simply another prop towards Mark's failure. It's time to face the truth: Mark isn't progressing. And it's time for a plan B now that the organization has foolishly extended him. The coddling has now actually hurt the franchise as they must keep him through 2013. Instead of facing the truth, it's better to put on a smiley face and pretend everything is swell. Don't be too harsh, everything will go away. Mmmm hmmm.
    Holy Crap! We agree!!! Oh ****, 12-21 is right around the corner.
    Seriously though, you are spot on.
    Unfortunately, what is plan B? I don't think they ever had one.

And in a way, Rex deserves a small amount of credit for exhausting every possible chance for Sanchez. No one can second guess a change. No one will say, "but Sanchez might be better if" (well, some will say that but it's absurd) There is really no doubt what needs to be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I've never seen Steve Young that upset about a QB and organization before. This offense is beyond pathetic. Yes the wide receivers and running backs are below average right now, but it doesn't matter. Even when players are wide open, Sanchez misses them (see the check down to Greene as one example). I have been a big Sanchez supporter since he was drafted, but it is time to find a new QB. It is obvious that Sanchez won't succeed in New York.
    That's what stood out to me the most. He was tapping the table waiting to speak. I've never seen him so fired up. It is now obvious beyond a doubt, that sanchez doesn't have the mental makeup to get it done. It's a bummer. I hoped he'd be a middle of the pack QB that could manage a game well. But nope. Not even close.

vCash
    When Steve Young becomes a successful GM for a franchise, I might listen to what he has to say. Why would I listen to an over-exuberant, emotionally charged ex-QB? He's not smarter than everyone simply because HE thinks so. He knows nothing. Hack. Reminds me of Boomer Esiason.

vCash
    What really hurts is that the mainstream media is just laughing at us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    Do you guys ever listen to "The Michael Key Show?" Steve Young comes on every week, and has been very vocal/emotional about how Sanchez was set up to fail by: 1) having a HC that cares very little, and knows even less about offense; 2) having a constant turnover in receiving options; 3) deterioration of talent - Blah Blah Blah!

All of this is true - BUT SANCHEZ just never had the intestinal fortitude to rise above any of that. He let himself be an afterthought, and he never showed the fire that Young wanted/needed to see - and the lack of leadership, moxie, fire, whatever - was the last straw, and Young's ultimate reason why he could no longer support Sanchez.

Sound familiar? We've been saying that he is mentally shot - or never had it to begin with. Thank goodness it's done for this year.

WHY MrT ever saw the need to extend him, when he hadn't shown much to deserve it - and now we're crippled by this financial disaster for at least next year. Badddddd decision!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    With how Sanchez has played this year and how delusional Rex Ryan has been this year about the play of this team, the media has every right to laugh and ridicule us because we suck. I no longer show sympathy or empathy for this team because they bring in Tebow and never have a plan for him. I agree with everything Steve Young had to say about this team as a whole we need to eat the contract of Sanchez, trade/release Tebow and fire TREX

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Do you guys ever listen to "The Michael Key Show?" Steve Young comes on every week, and has been very vocal/emotional about how Sanchez was set up to fail by: 1) having a HC that cares very little, and knows even less about offense; 2) having a constant turnover in receiving options; 3) deterioration of talent - Blah Blah Blah!

All of this is true - BUT SANCHEZ just never had the intestinal fortitude to rise above any of that. He let himself be an afterthought, and he never showed the fire that Young wanted/needed to see - and the lack of leadership, moxie, fire, whatever - was the last straw, and Young's ultimate reason why he could no longer support Sanchez.

Sound familiar? We've been saying that he is mentally shot - or never had it to begin with. Thank goodness it's done for this year.

WHY MrT ever saw the need to extend him, when he hadn't shown much to deserve it - and now we're crippled by this financial disaster for at least next year. Badddddd decision!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's what young says. That even with crappy WR's and RB's, a good QB will give a spark and keep them in games. A good QB will lift players. Sanchez, young said

Holy Crap! We agree!!! Oh ****, 12-21 is right around the corner.
    Seriously though, you are spot on.
    Unfortunately, what is plan B? I don't think they ever had one.

And in a way, Rex deserves a small amount of credit for exhausting every possible chance for Sanchez. No one can second guess a change. No one will say, "but Sanchez might be better if" (well, some will say that but it's absurd) There is really no doubt what needs to be done.
    Show me a good QB in the NFL with crappy WR's and RB's. Even bad teams like Kansas City, Jacksonville, Philadelphia-- I can at least see something there that I could use to build for the future on the offensive side of the ball. The NY Jets I CAN'T!

If you look at all the top QB's in the league, their teams have done something in terms of bringing in players to build something around them. What have the Jets brought in around our QB's in terms of offensive players under Rex Ryan-- Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell, Scotty McKnight, Vlad Ducasse, Shonn Greene, Matt Slauson, Joe McKnight, John Conner. I have news for all of you, NOT ONE of those guys would be starting anywhere else and most of these guys wouldn't even be on the roster after year 2 in the league.

I agree Sanchez doesn't need to be starting, but our offensive woes go WAY BEYOND him.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Show me a good QB in the NFL with crappy WR's and RB's. Even bad teams like Kansas City, Jacksonville, Philadelphia-- I can at least see something there that I could use to build for the future on the offensive side of the ball. The NY Jets I CAN'T!

If you look at all the top QB's in the league, their teams have done something in terms of bringing in players to build something around them. What have the Jets brought in around our QB's in terms of offensive players under Rex Ryan-- Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell, Scotty McKnight, Vlad Ducasse, Shonn Greene, Matt Slauson, Joe McKnight, John Conner. I have news for all of you, NOT ONE of those guys would be starting anywhere else and most of these guys wouldn't even be on the roster after year 2 in the league.

I agree Sanchez doesn't need to be starting, but our offensive woes go WAY BEYOND him.
    What did Brady have early in his career? Tim Brown, Kevin Faulk and a bunch of crap. Guys that a good QB like Bledsoe couldn't win with. So, I understand that it helps to have weapons, but it goes both ways. Skill players need someone who can get them the ball in order to look good. I have a feeling you could put any number of our skill guys on NO, NE or GB and they would look decent. No way to prove my theory, but I have a hunch that a great QB makes mediocre players seem good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Mainstream media? The Neocons at Fox News are laughing too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    What did Brady have early in his career? Tim Brown, Kevin Faulk and a bunch of crap. Guys that a good QB like Bledsoe couldn't win with. So, I understand that it helps to have weapons, but it goes both ways. Skill players need someone who can get them the ball in order to look good. I have a feeling you could put any number of our skill guys on NO, NE or GB and they would look decent. No way to prove my theory, but I have a hunch that a great QB makes mediocre players seem good.
    Agree 100%. I'm really sick of the "lack of talent" argument. We've seen way too many errant throws, poor decisions, and bonehead plays that have nothing to do with talent. If he would have made good decisions and accurate throws, these conversations would not be taking place. We went into the season with Homes, Kerley, Hill, Keller & Cumberland. Certainly not outstanding, but definitely guys who can make plays with the right QB behind center. Match Brady, Rodgers or Peyton up with these guys, and they would put up familiar numbers. Are Peyton's receivers anything special? Rodgers has been throwing the ball to his 3rd & 4th WR all year. How would Jones & Cobb have faired if they were on the Jets this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Terry Glenn, Corey Dillon, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, Deion Branch (who was good back then). That was one thing that used to upset me is that people made it sound like the Patriots were made up of a bunch of spare parts that just happen to come together. There was legitimate talent on that team. The Jets don't have it.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    I don't understand how Tanny can keep his job when he was the one that gave Sanchez the extension
    Holmes extension is just as bad. could have let him go and got Edwards for 1 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    Agree 100%. I'm really sick of the "lack of talent" argument. We've seen way too many errant throws, poor decisions, and bonehead plays that have nothing to do with talent. If he would have made good decisions and accurate throws, these conversations would not be taking place. We went into the season with Homes, Kerley, Hill, Keller & Cumberland. Certainly not outstanding, but definitely guys who can make plays with the right QB behind center. Match Brady, Rodgers or Peyton up with these guys, and they would put up familiar numbers. Are Peyton's receivers anything special? Rodgers has been throwing the ball to his 3rd & 4th WR all year. How would Jones & Cobb have faired if they were on the Jets this year?
    Pretty facking poorly I bet. If we had those guys playing for us, the Jets would have been slammed for the lack of depth, or the poor product we put on the field. Green Bay plays them and they are praised for their scouting and depth.

Side note. Rex said that the team would be fine if he had Tom Brady. Jab at Sanchez?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast