Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    What's the point in us signing anyone to a 1 year deal? The 1st priority should be looking for a single piece that can be part of the long term solution.
    That piece isn't out there on the free agent market. Thats why I feel a trade for Bourjos would be a key for our future.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Valdespin of course! He could be the next Jose Reyes in the leadoff spot!
    Palm meet face. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Seriously remember when people were making Reyes comps? He's "athletic" they say...LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I get what your saying but I would at least like to be somewhat competitive. I don't see the Mets giving MDD a chance to play centerfield everyday. I guess thats what bothers me. Yeah he wasn't great AAA last year but I would still give him a chance to compete for the opening day centerfield job. Atleast he bring some defense to the table. If they don't make a trade I would love to see Kirk in Left and MDD in center. Maybe we can be someone competitive with a good defensive outfield.

Either way Duda needs to be traded. He may not have value but even if he bats .280 with 20 hr's he may still give up more runs then he produces.
    OK, but we shouldn't be going out of our way trading prospects to get help in the OF. If trading a Murphy, Duda, Valdespin, etc. can get us a an outfielder, so be it. But if not, forget it.

Also people focus too much on how bad den Dekker was in AAA and forget how great he was in AA. If he could have a .700-.750 OPS, he can be an asset with is CF defense.

He doesn't have big platoon splits from what I've seen in his numbers.

vCash

Seriously remember when people were making Reyes comps? He's "athletic" they say...LOL
    Nonetheless he is a true second baseman and a basestealer. This team has a serious lack of speed. In Duda and Murphy we have the trade bait to make a deal and bring in another outfielder and some relief help.

vCash

He is athletic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He is athletic.
    Maybe but athleticism alone obviously isn't enough. Sorry to say but Murphy over Valdespin any day.

vCash
    Maybe but athleticism alone obviously isn't enough. Sorry to say but Murphy over Valdespin any day.
    Not when Murphy is going to start making $3M next year and more and more after that.

Murphy is so overrated by Mets fans. He sucks at 2B, has no power, and doesn't walk. Valdespin has more power, speed, and better defense. I'd be interested to see what he would do over a full season.

vCash
    OK, but we shouldn't be going out of our way trading prospects to get help in the OF. If trading a Murphy, Duda, Valdespin, etc. can get us a an outfielder, so be it. But if not, forget it.

Also people focus too much on how bad den Dekker was in AAA and forget how great he was in AA. If he could have a .700-.750 OPS, he can be an asset with is CF defense.

He doesn't have big platoon splits from what I've seen in his numbers.
    Well if they can't get a center fielder such as Boujos or Gomez at a decent price MDD should be your opening day center fielder. If his defense is as good as advertised he would be an upgrade over Torres. Even if he only hits .240 with his defense and pop he is better then anyone we have in the organization.

Would you oppose MDD starting opening day in center?

vCash
    Well if they can't get a center fielder such as Boujos or Gomez at a decent price MDD should be your opening day center fielder. If his defense is as good as advertised he would be an upgrade over Torres. Even if he only hits .240 with his defense and pop he is better then anyone we have in the organization.

Would you oppose MDD starting opening day in center?
    I'd rather see Kirk start in CF first, he deserves the shot and he's more ready.

I want den Dekker to mash in Vagas, get his confidence up and come to Queens. If Kirk is struggling, he will replace him in the line-up.

vCash
    Not when Murphy is going to start making $3M next year and more and more after that.

Murphy is so overrated by Mets fans. He sucks at 2B, has no power, and doesn't walk. Valdespin has more power, speed, and better defense. I'd be interested to see what he would do over a full season.
    His D maybe better then Valdespin. While Valdespin may make more plays he is very erratic defensively.

If Familia, Murphy and Duda can get us a decent young corner outfielder with upside I take that shot and start Valdespin at second.

vCash

I'll take Murphy any day over Valdespin. Valdespin might take 3 to 4 more years to be a decent everyday player.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I'd rather see Kirk start in CF first, he deserves the shot and he's more ready.

I want den Dekker to mash in Vagas, get his confidence up and come to Queens. If Kirk is struggling, he will replace him in the line-up.

I disagree. MDD has a history of stuggling when brought up and then adjusting and improving. Kirk starting opening day in right with MDD in Center > Baxter in right and Kirk in center.

Baxter is a good guy to keep on the roster but not a starter.

He has had more then enough time in the minors its time for him to learn at the big league level.

vCash
    His D maybe better then Valdespin. While Valdespin may make more plays he is very erratic defensively.

If Familia, Murphy and Duda can get us a decent young corner outfielder with upside I take that shot and start Valdespin at second.
    lol no way, and Valdespin is an above average defender at 2B. Those errors we saw him make were at SS where he has no chance to play everyday. He was not comfortable there.

Murphy sucks at 2B. I don't know why people think differently. He is the erratic one defensively because you never know when he's going to make an error and he lacks range for the position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I'll take Murphy any day over Valdespin. Valdespin might take 3 to 4 more years to be a decent everyday player.
    Not me. Murphy has no upside and is not a good defender at 2B. Plus he's arbitration eligible and is likely going to make $3M. Give me Valdespin, he gives some speed and power to the team.

vCash
    I disagree. MDD has a history of stuggling when brought up and then adjusting and improving. Kirk starting opening day in right with MDD in Center > Baxter in right and Kirk in center.

Baxter is a good guy to keep on the roster but not a starter.

He has had more then enough time in the minors its time for him to learn at the big league level.
    den Dekker does not deserve to be in the big leagues yet. Baxter is a nice player.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast