Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 152
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Would anyone consider trying to trade Parnell, Mejia/Familia, Gee and Flores for Justin Upton. Would that get the Diamondbacks attention? If not what would we have to add to get it done? I know they are looking for MLB ready pitchers. Do we have enough to get Upton without trading Niese, Syndergaard, TDA, Harvey, Ike or Wheeler?


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Would anyone consider trying to trade Parnell, Mejia/Familia, Gee and Flores for Justin Upton. Would that get the Diamondbacks attention? If not what would we have to add to get it done? I know they are looking for MLB ready pitchers. Do we have enough to get Upton without trading Niese, Syndergaard, TDA, Harvey, Ike or Wheeler?
    they would never take that, especially after saying they dont want to trade upton
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,511
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed it would take Niese, Flores/Tejada, and a guy like Syndergaard probably.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I figured that. I don't really think he's worth Niese after Upton didn't have that great of a year. If your trading Niese you have to get someone consistent. They already have really good pitching in the minors so Syndergaard wouldn't have all that much value to them.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,511
    vCash
    1500
    I'd rather just wait for him to be a free agent. What is the hurry? We are rebuilding.

    He's the kind of guy who will be in his prime that you get when all of our pieces are in place.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Mejia, Familia, Duda, Flores, Fullmer and Nimmo? I mean they should at least try. The worse they can say is no. I mean maybe you could get him with a lot of quantity over quality. Stranger things have happened.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'd rather just wait for him to be a free agent. What is the hurry? We are rebuilding.

    He's the kind of guy who will be in his prime that you get when all of our pieces are in place.
    Yeah I get that but extending guys who have 3 years left on their deal is much more cost effective then letting them get to free agency. Plus he's young enough where he can develop along with Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Ike and TDA.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Yeah I get that but extending guys who have 3 years left on their deal is much more cost effective then letting them get to free agency. Plus he's young enough where he can develop along with Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Ike and TDA.
    They would want at least one of Wheeler, Harvey, and Niese. I'd rather develop them without Upton, and go get him if he becomes available as a FA. He would still be 28 at the start of 2016.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,849
    vCash
    1500
    Upton is not worth any of them. No way.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Upton is not worth any of them. No way.
    lol

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Upton is not worth any of them. No way.
    Depends, if 2011 was an aspiration and his 2012 production is really who he is then he is not not worth any of them.

    If 2011 is his normal year to year production he is worth far more.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,511
    vCash
    1500
    Seriously, the only guy I wouldn't deal for Upton is Harvey, and that's because he looks like an ace to me.

    Anyone else is fair game. I would definitely NOT deal Niese and Wheeler in the same package though.

    People tend to forget that Upton is 25, the same age as Kirk. He's already had two great seasons, he's just been a little inconsistent up to this point with his power numbers, but his OBP has been nice every year.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    KBurkhardtSNY Heard the #Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. He's coming off microfracture surgery, but I would def take a shot w him.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    KBurkhardtSNY Heard the #Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. He's coming off microfracture surgery, but I would def take a shot w him.
    Anyone know if he would be ready for the start of the season?


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    KBurkhardtSNY To answer all the tweets, Sizemore won't be ready till mid-season, and yes, has injury issues...but I'd still roll the dice. Why not?


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •