Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Would anyone consider trying to trade Parnell, Mejia/Familia, Gee and Flores for Justin Upton. Would that get the Diamondbacks attention? If not what would we have to add to get it done? I know they are looking for MLB ready pitchers. Do we have enough to get Upton without trading Niese, Syndergaard, TDA, Harvey, Ike or Wheeler?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Would anyone consider trying to trade Parnell, Mejia/Familia, Gee and Flores for Justin Upton. Would that get the Diamondbacks attention? If not what would we have to add to get it done? I know they are looking for MLB ready pitchers. Do we have enough to get Upton without trading Niese, Syndergaard, TDA, Harvey, Ike or Wheeler?
    they would never take that, especially after saying they dont want to trade upton
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    Agreed it would take Niese, Flores/Tejada, and a guy like Syndergaard probably.

vCash
    Yeah I figured that. I don't really think he's worth Niese after Upton didn't have that great of a year. If your trading Niese you have to get someone consistent. They already have really good pitching in the minors so Syndergaard wouldn't have all that much value to them.

vCash
    I'd rather just wait for him to be a free agent. What is the hurry? We are rebuilding.

He's the kind of guy who will be in his prime that you get when all of our pieces are in place.

vCash
    Mejia, Familia, Duda, Flores, Fullmer and Nimmo? I mean they should at least try. The worse they can say is no. I mean maybe you could get him with a lot of quantity over quality. Stranger things have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'd rather just wait for him to be a free agent. What is the hurry? We are rebuilding.

He's the kind of guy who will be in his prime that you get when all of our pieces are in place.
    Yeah I get that but extending guys who have 3 years left on their deal is much more cost effective then letting them get to free agency. Plus he's young enough where he can develop along with Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Ike and TDA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Yeah I get that but extending guys who have 3 years left on their deal is much more cost effective then letting them get to free agency. Plus he's young enough where he can develop along with Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Ike and TDA.
    They would want at least one of Wheeler, Harvey, and Niese. I'd rather develop them without Upton, and go get him if he becomes available as a FA. He would still be 28 at the start of 2016.

vCash
    Upton is not worth any of them. No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Depends, if 2011 was an aspiration and his 2012 production is really who he is then he is not not worth any of them.

If 2011 is his normal year to year production he is worth far more.

vCash
    Seriously, the only guy I wouldn't deal for Upton is Harvey, and that's because he looks like an ace to me.

Anyone else is fair game. I would definitely NOT deal Niese and Wheeler in the same package though.

People tend to forget that Upton is 25, the same age as Kirk. He's already had two great seasons, he's just been a little inconsistent up to this point with his power numbers, but his OBP has been nice every year.

vCash
    KBurkhardtSNY Heard the #Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. He's coming off microfracture surgery, but I would def take a shot w him.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    KBurkhardtSNY Heard the #Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. He's coming off microfracture surgery, but I would def take a shot w him.
    Anyone know if he would be ready for the start of the season?

vCash
    KBurkhardtSNY To answer all the tweets, Sizemore won't be ready till mid-season, and yes, has injury issues...but I'd still roll the dice. Why not?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast