Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    he was already part of a terrible outfield last season.
    The only reason why we had a terrible outfield is because we had whale in right field last year. If we resign Hairston then we only need one more starting OF to play in right. This could easily be done via a trade. Duda look's like Moby Dick in Met blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    The Mets don't have an outfielder even close to being capable to being a full time major league player in the entire organization. Kirk and MDD both could prob end up being very good 4th outfielders but lets be real, Duda is a DH and part time first basemen. He is not capable of playing the outfield.

We need help outside of this organization if we are to find outfielder. Bourjos, Brentz, Gomez, Campana are all players I look into if I'm Sandy.
    Kirk and den Dekker still have time to prove themselves and den Dekker hasn't even got the shot yet.

Vaughn could be a starting OF if he progresses, so could Puello or Ceciliani. They will all likely start in AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Kirk and den Dekker still have time to prove themselves and den Dekker hasn't even got the shot yet.

Vaughn could be a starting OF if he progresses, so could Puello or Ceciliani. They will all likely start in AA.
    Puello is all potential and done nothing with it. I don't see why everyone is so high on him.

Vaughn the same thing. I like him but hit tool has not shown up.

Ceciliani doesn't bring much to the table other then speed.

I would not be opposed to giving Kirk and MDD a full season to prove themselves but if thats the case we need to bring in Ross to play right field.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Look through the free agency scrap heap, when you see someone you wouldn't mind having, lower your standards and keep looking. When you find someone worth lowering your standards for, look at a player that does half of what this guy does, and you will have our man.

vCash
    I don't understand. We have three first basemen who could start on alot of teams. It's way past due to trade one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Puello is all potential and done nothing with it. I don't see why everyone is so high on him.

Vaughn the same thing. I like him but hit tool has not shown up.

Ceciliani doesn't bring much to the table other then speed.

I would not be opposed to giving Kirk and MDD a full season to prove themselves but if thats the case we need to bring in Ross to play right field.
    Puello is still only 21 though. I don't care if he hasn't done anything with his potential yet because he's still got very good tools and he has a lot of time to turn them into skills. If he's 25 and he's still raw, then he's likely a bust.

Vaughn is 2 years older so what he does in AA will be huge. He has tools and skills, just needs to hit more.

Ceciliani can play solid CF defense, get on base, and he's got nice extra-base pop. He was just 22 this year, he needs to show that he can stay on the field.

Stop worrying about 2013. Kirk and den Dekker will get the chance to show if they belong here, and then we will go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I don't understand. We have three first basemen who could start on alot of teams. It's way past due to trade one of them.
    We have 1. Who are the other 2?

vCash
    We have 1. Who are the other 2?
    Duda and Murphy! They're both playing out of position.

vCash
    Duda and Murphy! They're both playing out of position.
    Duda is a 1B, but he shouldn't start on any team, and Murphy is a 3B.

vCash
    What's the point in us signing anyone to a 1 year deal? The 1st priority should be looking for a single piece that can be part of the long term solution.

vCash
    Duda is a 1B, but he shouldn't start on any team, and Murphy is a 3B.
    Duda is a nice pinch hitter though and should be traded. He serves no purpose on this roster.

vCash
    Duda is another Butch Huskey. He has power but no position as of yet. Now that we resigned David Wright we don't need Murphy to play third base if the need should ever occur.

vCash
    Puello is still only 21 though. I don't care if he hasn't done anything with his potential yet because he's still got very good tools and he has a lot of time to turn them into skills. If he's 25 and he's still raw, then he's likely a bust.

Vaughn is 2 years older so what he does in AA will be huge. He has tools and skills, just needs to hit more.

Ceciliani can play solid CF defense, get on base, and he's got nice extra-base pop. He was just 22 this year, he needs to show that he can stay on the field.

Stop worrying about 2013. Kirk and den Dekker will get the chance to show if they belong here, and then we will go from there.
    I get what your saying but I would at least like to be somewhat competitive. I don't see the Mets giving MDD a chance to play centerfield everyday. I guess thats what bothers me. Yeah he wasn't great AAA last year but I would still give him a chance to compete for the opening day centerfield job. Atleast he bring some defense to the table. If they don't make a trade I would love to see Kirk in Left and MDD in center. Maybe we can be someone competitive with a good defensive outfield.

Either way Duda needs to be traded. He may not have value but even if he bats .280 with 20 hr's he may still give up more runs then he produces.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Duda is another Butch Huskey. He has power but no position as of yet. Now that we resigned David Wright we don't need Murphy to play third base if the need should ever occur.
    OK. Who are you starting at 2nd base then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    OK. Who are you starting at 2nd base then?
    Valdespin of course! He could be the next Jose Reyes in the leadoff spot!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast