Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I do not recommend bringing back Carlos Gomez. We went through this with Jason Bay and Jeremy Burnitz. Players that we send off to other teams do not want to play for us again. Gomez will flop if we bring him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I do not recommend bringing back Carlos Gomez. We went through this with Jason Bay and Jeremy Burnitz. Players that we send off to other teams do not want to play for us again. Gomez will flop if we bring him back.
    No offense but I don't see how this is at all relevant. Every player is different. Bay was awful, completely lost. The mix of city field getting into his head, concussions and aging messed him up. Burnitz wasn't the same player with us but he certainly wasn't terrible. But how other players performed after being reaquired by the Mets has no relevance at all.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    ^Bay did not want to play for the Mets. He said that when he was released. They just offered him big money and that's why he came back.
    Last edited by erickench; 12-18-2012 at 11:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    ^Bay did not want to play for the Mets. He said that when he was released. They just offered him big money and that's why he back.
    So Gomez does not want to play for the Mets? Why not?

vCash
    New York might not have been Bay's 1st choice, but I highly doubt thats what affected his game. Bay appeared to give it his all every game. Get hit in the head a few times and lets see what you remember. He missed the ball by such a wide margin, I think he might have been relying on guessing where to swing. His vision and reaction time was so far off. This might explain why he was given so much time off. His injury was probably far worse then disclosed.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    I wish it was Reddick from Oakland. That would be HUGE power added to the lineup and he's only 25. Plus he plays great D. I wonder what it would take to get him.

It's more likely a stop gap kinda guy if I had to guess. I wouldn't mind Crisp, 39 steals last year
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I wish it was Reddick from Oakland. That would be HUGE power added to the lineup and he's only 25. Plus he plays great D. I wonder what it would take to get him.

It's more likely a stop gap kinda guy if I had to guess. I wouldn't mind Crisp, 39 steals last year
    There is ZERO incentive for the A's to trade him.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I really don't want Hairston back for anything signifigant, he's a very limited player.I also think he had a career year, and I doubt if he duplicates it.

For a one year deal, I wouldn't mind, but nothing more.
    He's looking for more than one year, I pass, he was already part of a terrible outfield last season.

vCash
    Crip could make sense since he'd come relatively cheap, only has 1 year left, can play CF and bat leadoff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    I really don't want Hairston back for anything signifigant, he's a very limited player.I also think he had a career year, and I doubt if he duplicates it.

For a one year deal, I wouldn't mind, but nothing more.
    He's looking for more than one year, I pass, he was already part of a terrible outfield last season.
    Exactly, just get new blood, even if it isn't better blood.

vCash
    Six months after extending Andre Ethier, the Dodgers are considering trading him. The Dodgers are shopping Ethier, and could be a suitor for Nick Swisher if they complete a trade, Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports (on Twitter).
    Hehe.
    “The Wilpons and Mr. Saul Katz — the people who say they don’t care about the team are sorely misguided,” Ojeda told the newspaper. “These are the biggest Mets fans you will meet."

vCash
    Patience is what will build this team into the contender we have been waiting for. Alderson knows exactly what he is doing and that sometimes doesn't fit into the fans timetable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Hehe.
    They would want way too much for him. And I get the feeling he'd struggle here
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Patience is what will build this team into the contender we have been waiting for. Alderson knows exactly what he is doing and that sometimes doesn't fit into the fans timetable.
    The Mets don't have an outfielder even close to being capable of being a full time major leaguer in the entire organization. Kirk and MDD both could prob end up being very good 4th outfielders but lets be real, Duda is a DH and part time first basemen. He is not capable of playing the outfield.

We need help outside of this organization if we are to find outfielder. Bourjos, Brentz, Gomez, Campana are all players I look into if I'm Sandy.
    Last edited by Rio40; 12-18-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Bringing back Hairston makes a lot of sense for both sides and I think it gets done. Eithier makes too much. Duda is built for the AL but is tough to trade for an OF. I see Duda going to someone like the chisox or twins for relievers. I wonder what Scott Van Slyke would cost? edgin +?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast