Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I posted the following outfielder shopping list, in order of my preference, in another thread:

1. Leonys Martin - Is there any way the Rangers would consider an offer for Martin alone?
    2. Emilio Bonifacio - Can play CF well, good speed, could lead off, and the Jays have been talking to Atlanta about him.
    3. Alejandro De Aza - Would the White Sox part with this young, still developing CF?
    4. Coco Crisp - Older and more expensive, maybe a 1 year rental, but plays good CF, switch hitter, leads off and steals bases.
    5. Kole Calhoun or Jarrod Dyson - Could have been part of a Dickey deal with LAA or KCR. If MLB ready could be a fit.
    6. Alex Gordon - May also cost too much in prospects, and may not even be available, but . . .
    7. Jason Kubel - Has some pop, not much glove, may be too costly in both prospects and salary.

In free agency, Cody Ross, Scott Hairston and Nyjer Morgan are viable possibilities.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    You guys are dreaming about Leonys Martin. Maybe if Texas had gotten Upton, or re-signed Hamilton, or been busy this offseason. What do you have that they could possibly want? They need him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Maybe it is Dariel Alvarez a Cuban OF that just defected.
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    You guys are dreaming about Leonys Martin. Maybe if Texas had gotten Upton, or re-signed Hamilton, or been busy this offseason. What do you have that they could possibly want? They need him.
    Trade spec for spec maybe? But yes I agree... He seems unlikely after what they had gone through this offseason

vCash
    We'll get Morgan.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Trade spec for spec maybe? But yes I agree... He seems unlikely after what they had gone through this offseason
    If it's spec for spec, you'd have to overpay with Wheeler. If I'm Jon Daniels, no way do I give him up for Familia or Meija. You'd have to package a bunch of those guys together and at this point that'd be kinda silly when the Mets are just beginning to get their farm together.

vCash
    I am thinking Wells. Not that I want him but the Angels have too many outfielders and he is taking up roster space. GMJ Part Deux anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I am thinking Wells. Not that I want him but the Angels have too many outfielders and he is taking up roster space. GMJ Part Deux anyone?
    If we're talking to the Angels, might as well talk about Bourjos. I would look at all other options first, but this one might make a little sense under the right conditions.

But if it is in fact Wells, which I have a feeling it might be, as long as the Angels eat about 35-38M of that contract, and we give up nothing of much value, I don't mind trading for him.

If he can get his BA to .265 and his OBP to around .310, I'll take 20HR from our CF, but that contract needs to be eaten. His bat speed has diminished, and he's not the same Wells from a few years ago, but for 2-3M a year I'll take him in CF. He still gives you slightly above average defense, and at worst he's a 4th OF with pop that costs a couple million. He's probably the latter, but I don't mind letting him compete for a job in ST. It's not sexy like d'Arnaud, but I'm fine with random dudes for a year if we're waiting for 2014 anyway.

Only guy really left is Bourn, and I think he's still waiting for a payday. Also I'd rather have Wells than Nyjer Morgan.

vCash
    I wonder who they get. Mets finally making moves.

vCash

Mets to add outfielder.

Sandy woke up from his slumber.

vCash
    Gonna have to change the sig soon huh Sick haha

vCash

Mets to add outfielder.

It will be one of two guys IMO.

A fillet guy for one year or another trade in which they get another long term guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I posted the following outfielder shopping list, in order of my preference, in another thread:

1. Leonys Martin - Is there any way the Rangers would consider an offer for Martin alone?
    2. Emilio Bonifacio - Can play CF well, good speed, could lead off, and the Jays have been talking to Atlanta about him.
    3. Alejandro De Aza - Would the White Sox part with this young, still developing CF?
    4. Coco Crisp - Older and more expensive, maybe a 1 year rental, but plays good CF, switch hitter, leads off and steals bases.
    5. Kole Calhoun or Jarrod Dyson - Could have been part of a Dickey deal with LAA or KCR. If MLB ready could be a fit.
    6. Alex Gordon - May also cost too much in prospects, and may not even be available, but . . .
    7. Jason Kubel - Has some pop, not much glove, may be too costly in both prospects and salary.

In free agency, Cody Ross, Scott Hairston and Nyjer Morgan are viable possibilities.
    I think the Mets should ask the Indians about Tim Fedroff, who is a good defensive CF, who hits for average and has a little pop. He could probably be had for a second tier pitching prospect.

vCash
    We're going to pull a surprise deal and get Sambuca Stanton.

vCash
    I could see Bourjos being a very good fit and cheap but I fear it would cost Mejia.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast