Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Sox View Post
    I say again, it's over-analysis and essentially penalizing the guy for batting out of position. He's not best suited to be a leadoff hitter, a lot of guys aren't, and the numbers reflect this. None of this takes away from what he accomplished at the plate in 2008, 09, and 11. He's an All Star caliber player-when-not colliding with much bigger dudes on the diamond.

For what it's worth, I'm not signing him to a contract right now either.
    Well I agree that for the most part that leadoff was wrong for him. If Crawford was a bona-fide .385 OBP guy that liked batting lead-off then Ells in the 2 hole could have been pretty fine.

I don't agree it's over analysis. When I started talking about it back when nobody else noticed it.

If you average '08, '09, '11 he's an all star, but individually the first two are not IMO. The third year is better then Fred Lynn in 1979 - by far his best year, and almost as great as Trout last year. But until I see otherwise it's just a tease of what could have been.

We both agree he's not coming back unless we offer him arb to secure the pick, and he can't snag the right deal and we get him for a Boras "make good" year.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Can we move on from nava please? He just oozes mediocrity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    Can we move on from nava please? He just oozes mediocrity
    Terrible against lefties but he was getting on base an awful lot, prior to the cyst.

vCash
    He's just so..... Meh

vCash
    JBJ is the future. Excited to see him play. As long as Ells doesn't go to New York he has my support, but he's going to be like BJ Upton; never reaching his assumed potential. Granted I do think he's better than Upton, but for a comparison's sake I used him.

vCash
    Met fan from New Jersey here....only folks who hate the Yankees more are Met fans who have to put up with them every day....give me a $222 million payroll and let's see what kind of genius I could be as GM...cheered hard when you knocked out the Yankees and won the World Series [sorry about the Buckner play but it was our year].

What positions are you looking to fill? How would BOS and NYM match up in a trade for Elsbury [after the Bay debacle some Mets fans would avoid any BOS outfielder with a ten foot pole!]. We have a surplus of pitching reaching the upper half of the farm system but outside of our untouchables [Harvey and Wheeler] guys like Familia and Mejia have promise but still are work in progress. So how could we stack up?
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Sox View Post
    Terrible against lefties but he was getting on base an awful lot, prior to the cyst.
    Nava is an interesting case, his outfield D is now fair, when he first came up he was awful. He cannot hit lefties at all, but he does very well with RHP. At his price point, if you need a platoon/4th OF (not CF anywhere or RF in Fenway), and you can'd get anyone better unless it costs big money, then he should be considered on a year to year basis.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Met fan from New Jersey here....only folks who hate the Yankees more are Met fans who have to put up with them every day....give me a $222 million payroll and let's see what kind of genius I could be as GM...cheered hard when you knocked out the Yankees and won the World Series [sorry about the Buckner play but it was our year].

What positions are you looking to fill? How would BOS and NYM match up in a trade for Elsbury [after the Bay debacle some Mets fans would avoid any BOS outfielder with a ten foot pole!]. We have a surplus of pitching reaching the upper half of the farm system but outside of our untouchables [Harvey and Wheeler] guys like Familia and Mejia have promise but still are work in progress. So how could we stack up?
    Ain't happening guy. Acquiring Ellsbury is actually a move in the opposite direction of where the Mets are heading. And unless Wheeler is involved, there's just nothing to send back worth what a few others teams can & will part with.

vCash
    Maybe Ike Davis + Harvey, but that's not happening given what the Mets are trying to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    You dont see an All-Star in Ellsbury. Cmon. The guys been through hell with us and put up some decent number before getting hurt and returning avg. Give the man a chance. IDC what he demands for money you people have to be kidding me with the contracts. We can sign 4 guys for 20 mill a year and THEN just THEN you can make contracts an issue. Do you people relise how much money we CAN spend? really. Holding back on a player we groomed and has the chance to be good for years just becasue hes only had 1 all star season in his 5 years because of injurys? i read some of these posts dumbfounded. Please read how much the owners make look at our payroll. Look how we could of still signed 20 mill players when we traded contracts out of here it just wasnt Bens team. It wasnt a great team we were an OK team with huge contracts. You dont think Els would be good person to keep because hes going to do good and demand money? ummm ok PAY HIM!! The man was 2nd in position players WAR rating 2 years ago when 100%. So last he got hurt so now get rid of him? if he puts up the numbers in 2011 do you ppl honestly think we should let him go becasue hes going to demand money?
    Id pay him to. Boras client or not he isnt getting a 6 or 7 year deal norfh of 20m. He just hasnt be consistent enough. Id throw 15m at him for 6 years. Even 17m. I mean if he preforms well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Maybe Ike Davis + Harvey, but that's not happening given what the Mets are trying to do.
    Sign me up NOW!!!

To the guy saying he isnt injury prone. Your right. They are freak accidents. But he just takes so long to come back. Even when we are in the middle of the race and every game counts. So allot of us hold that agenst him.

vCash
    Yeah I say keep him. The guy's one of the better CF's in baseball, why not re-sign him?
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 49-62, games this week vs. Cardinals (3), Angels (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    Yeah I say keep him. The guy's one of the better CF's in baseball, why not re-sign him?
    The reasons for not re-signing him have been stated over and over and over and OVER again!

Let him walk, get the draft pick, and give the CF job to JBJr!!!

vCash
    Hell be gone by July a compensation pick to me would be disappointing as a return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Hell be gone by July a compensation pick to me would be disappointing as a return

Well, right now, I'm not sure that the Sox could get the equivalent of a comp pick in a top prospect for Ellsbury. So unless Ells has another great year, you might want to get used to the idea of a comp pick being the return for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    You want to know why? YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?! Because once we start to talk to ellsbury about a new contract, we won't be talking to talking to ellsbury. No, in actuality we will be talking to baseball's devil agent Scott Boras. This is the guy that got guys like A-Rod, Texiera, and Dice-K their contracts. He is going to want us to overpay like crazy, and if we don't he is going to tell JE to go out on to the Free Agent market where someone will.

PAPI SMASH!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast