Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Time to put Miller on DL, bring up Morales or Breslow

Miller is back to his "I don't know where the damn thing is going" mode (2.5 WHIP on the year).

Morales is ready to go, they are stretching him out to be a SP, but, that might have to be cut short if Breslow is not ready to go (started rehab on Tuesday - so he's not ready yet.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Miller when on is a pretty good Lefty. However he just is too inconsistent. Its a shame too. I think we will see Morales up soon.

vCash
    "When on"?

Like once in a blue moon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    "When on"?

Like once in a blue moon?
    More like once outta what 10 batters lol.

vCash
    I'd phantom DL him as well. Farrell should really keep him on a short-leash and he has no business pitching when the game is on the line. Maybe LOOGY situations or something, but I don't trust him at all, he has ZERO control.
    Last edited by AI; 04-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Morales isn't ready to go. He got scratched yesterday.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    I'd phantom DL him as well. Farrell should really keep him on a short-leash and he has no business pitching when the game is on the line. Maybe LOOGY situations or something, but I don't trust him at all, he has ZERO control.
    As the season progresses I'm becoming less of a fan of Farrell's BP management. Bailey already has 11 appearances in 19 games putting him on pace for 94 appearances. Tazawa and Uehera (9 each) are not far behind. At this rate we may have the best BP in baseball until the ASG and the worst in baseball in AUG & SEP.

While it may have been unpopular I would rather have struggled through with Mortensen or Wright than send Miller out last night.

All that said, the Sox were backed somewhat into a corner with Miller. Mortensen and Wilson had thrown in the opener and were presumably unavailable. Tazawa (7th) and Uehera (8th) were done in the nightcap. With the top of the order coming up in the bottom of the 9th Farrell gambled on Bailey getting the win. The only two arms left were Miller and Wright... and Wright has yet to appear in a game giving the distinct impression that Farrell doesn't trust him. I suspect that we would have seen him if the game had gone one inning longer. At any rate, Miller was the only "MLB arm" left in the BP.

Other than that game he really has been a LOOGY. His batter's faced count in all his appearances: 4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 4, 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Other than that game he really has been a LOOGY. His batter's faced count in all his appearances: 4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 4, 7.
    Miller by game (innings and not such good things per appearance)

IP: .2 BB: 2
    IP: .1 HBP: 1 ER: 1
    IP: .1
    IP: .0 BB: 1
    IP: 1.0 H: 1
    IP: .2 H: 1 BB: 2 ER: 1
    IP: 1.0 H: 2 BB: 2 ER: 1

I agree that he's well over working the pen - Bailey and Uehara in particular.

I hope they end up on the DL for vacation purposes - or it will be for real not much later.

It's also time to get at least two extra innings total from the SP's each 5 game cycle to not load the pen so heavily.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Miller by game (innings and not such good things per appearance)

IP: .2 BB: 2
    IP: .1 HBP: 1 ER: 1
    IP: .1
    IP: .0 BB: 1
    IP: 1.0 H: 1
    IP: .2 H: 1 BB: 2 ER: 1
    IP: 1.0 H: 2 BB: 2 ER: 1

I agree that he's well over working the pen - Bailey and Uehara in particular.

I hope they end up on the DL for vacation purposes - or it will be for real not much later.

It's also time to get at least two extra innings total from the SP's each 5 game cycle to not load the pen so heavily.
    Yes, the results have been pretty bad. I'm only suggesting that his use has been as a LOOGY since he's typically facing 1-3 batters per outing unless the Sox were in a BP jam.

Totally agree about the SP. That was one of the problems going with Aceves to replace Lackey; with no time to build up to starting he was almost guaranteed to be a 5IP guy and that was risky behind Doubront who has not been much better historically. Let's hope his (Doubront's) last outing is more indicative of the future.

vCash
    For injury sake they need guys like morales and Breslow back. Hopefully bard can handle pitching an inning or two over the next few days because bailey and uehara are throwing too often... especially a guy who is injury prone like bailey.