Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Too many years, don't like this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Just think about what he could of got if he didn't develop that blister on one of his fingers and blow those saves and get demoted? Through arb he was expected to get around 5 million this season, if he puts up another season like lasts this year minus the blister he'd be demanding twice that the next year on the freeagent market. This is a risk/reward deal that indicates when it comes to those deals the giants are more comfortable making them on pitching. Considering pitching is what got them where their at, it's a good place to make that investment.

vCash
    Agreed.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I think it's the years that people don't like.
    We aren't paying for 3 extra years. In actuality we are only paying like 2 for 10. He wasn't non tendered, so the ~5 million for 2013 was already gonna come to him through arbitration. We're only paying for an extra 2 years.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see much of any scenario where Santiago Casilla would be demanding $10MM/year as a free agent.
    I was thinking of a Jose valverde type deal sorry if I exaggerated a little

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    We aren't paying for 3 extra years. In actuality we are only paying like 2 for 10. He wasn't non tendered, so the ~5 million for 2013 was already gonna come to him through arbitration. We're only paying for an extra 2 years.
    I know the Giants pretty much allocated his 5M into their budget before the contract, but people are still upset about the extra years. The Giants would have had the chance to non-tender him if they chose to next season if he stinks it up which obviously they can't now. I think it was a bit much to give him extra years. One year extra I could understand, but two is too much in my opinion.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    And our bullpen gets more expensive. Have to wonder how much is gonna get thrown Romo's direction.
    the dodgers say your welcome, because if League is worth 7 mill a year then surely santiago is worth 5 a year and romo is worth 10

vCash
    I'd like to think Casilla and Affeldt will be good in 2 years but its hard to see it happening.

vCash
    Shut your pieholes everyone. We've got our big bat locked up for 3 years!

High OBP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_mOnvoJeM

Gritty AB's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5JiqYL8zvw

Ribeyes
    http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/v...77657&c_id=mlb

Swisher wishers need to STFU. The Giants brass know when to stick with "our guys".

vCash
    Watching Casilla hit never gets old

vCash
    ZitoAce has a point. Casilla's line is .333/.500/.333. An .833 OPS from a reliever is pretty impressive.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    No one said they're unsatisfied. That being said we shouldn't just be satisfied. We shouldn't be content. We should want more, to win every year and by not getting better this offseason that's where some of us have a problem.
    Yep. We are all ecstatic over the last 3 years. It doesn't mean the Giants should just stop trying. They still need to make smart moves for the future.

vCash
    I don't like this at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    You don't see the problem with giving a 33 year old reliever, who has lost 3 MPH off his fastball since 2010, and is at best the 3rd or 4th best pitcher in our pen a 3 year contract? One who is also coming off his worst year as a Giant?

Especially when nothing is being done to upgrade left field because we are supposedly at our "payroll limit?" Yet they somehow managed to make room for Casilla.
    I really have nothing more to add. rcs15 says it perfectly.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Holy crap that's high money and years. I can understand Affeldt getting paid but Casilla? Definitely over paid but oh well it ain't my money. Risky doing a long term deal with him though IMO
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast